Brett Hoppa News

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

The Wheel

https://membership.seaeagles.com.au/
Premium Member
Brett Stewart back for Raiders Brookie clash with Josh Dugan
29/04/2011 12:52:00 PM
Manly coach Des Hasler says Brett Stewart will return to football on Monday week against the Canberra Raiders at Brookvale Oval.

Hasler says he made the call not to take Stewart to Townsville for the clash with the Cowboys.

“There is no need to take any risks with Brett. He needs to be right and his hamstring problem will benefit greatly in the next 10 days before the raiders game.

“There is nothing sinister in what we are doing and it has been a team decision of the medical and coaching staff to hold him back.

“Brett is frustrated but he knows he has a whole season ahead of him. The rumours about his knee being a problem are way off target as he will soon prove.

“I am happy with his progress and there is no need to rush,” Hasler said.
Hasler will again use teenage sensation Will Hopoate at fullback in Stewart’s absence.

And Hasler is deep in discussion with the 18 year old’s management about his future. “I am happy with the talks – he doesn’t want to leave and we don’t want him to leave. I am confident he will remain a Sea Eagle,” Hasler said.

I don't see the need to rush him back when Hoppa is doing a great job. If anything, Brett has alot of work to do to to play better then Hoppa has been.

You reckon Des is stand in CEO/Coach ? honestly i wouldnt put it past him to be holding his own contract negotiations with off contract players.

From my understanding both Des & Crusher have always played significant roles in our player negotiations.

As much as the comments about Hoppa are pleasant reading, he did utter similar thoughts with regards to Hodkinson and JWH. I suppose the major difference here, is that we shouldn't be surprised at the levels other clubs would go to, to get young hoppa. As much as some of us would like to believe we really didn't want to keep those two, we were just blown out of the water by what they were offered and were genuinely shocked at the difference between our and the other clubs bids. This shouldn't be the case this time.

You would also have to think that if Des is heavily involved in trying to tie the kid up for a few more years, that he himself is planning to be around for at least that long.

Speaking on young hoppa, there is an article in the telegraph today which suggest his favourite position is right centre and not fullback, as was previously thought. I actually think centre is the position he could be the most dominant in.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6