Brett has lost his mojo .........

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

swoop

Bencher
Tipping Member
The guy is no doubt a superstar but he's not firing on all cylinders. He had limited oportunities and didn't look threatening. He's imo not right just yet. A few more games under his belt and we'll the Brett of old.

I beliebv when contract negotiations are all sorted with all players we will see the best of our team. B2B is very possible.

He made a few mistakes tonight due to frustration i think. We did not have enough possession for him to look threatening. He did however take some really good highballs.

swoop said:
The guy is no doubt a superstar but he's not firing on all cylinders. He had limited oportunities and didn't look threatening. He's imo not right just yet. A few more games under his belt and we'll the Brett of old.

I beliebv when contract negotiations are all sorted with all players we will see the best of our team. B2B is very possible.

Kids, A perfect example of what drugs do to the brain... Swoop, Your a goose!!!!

I think he's playing well, but I think he's off his absolute best form. Snake has made plenty of errors this year and dropped a few bombs. He seemed to go for a few seasons before the troubles and he didn't make a mistake at all.

That being said, I'm a lot more confident now he can get back to his best now than I was 12 months ago and he would be my NSW fullback.

The whole team is not playing anywhere near 100%. We only just beat Canberra and only beat the Broncos due to bad goal kicking. Snake will be fine when the rest of the side fix up their issues, plenty of players making stupid mistakes this year!!!

40NIL said:
swoop said:

Kids, A perfect example of what drugs do to the brain... Swoop, Your a goose!!!!

WTF are you talking about you imbecile, blind fredy can tell you Brett is not at his peak yet. I wasn't bagging him, he needs a few games under his belt. BTW how old are you, I been supporting this club nearly 40 years.

He's still building to his best but what he does to the team is phenomenal.

The way he directs the boys from the back and his defense is unmatched. I'm pretty sure Stuart has already picked him and this weekend is just about survival / suspensions.

I'm not indulging In the personal abuse but I agree with essence of 40nils
Post. Brett made two uncharacteristic handling errors late in that game but that is dwarfed by the amount of good things he did earlier in the game his pass to Lyon after halftime was sublime. Under the highball he was safe as 1000 banks.

Get kieran back there and things will be a little crisper
And he will score more tries. After he plays 3 origin games :)

I wish he would jump high in the air to take bombs. Wont be long before a scum player like Crocker lines him up.

Cameron said:
I'm not indulging In the personal abuse but I agree with essence of 40nils
Post. Brett made two uncharacteristic handling errors late in that game but that is dwarfed by the amount of good things he did earlier in the game his pass to Lyon after halftime was sublime. Under the highball he was safe as 1000 banks.

Get kieran back there and things will be a little crisper
And he will score more tries. After he plays 3 origin games :)

I saw all that and was great in the 1st half. After playing such a significant role and looking like the champion last week, he seems to have his timimg off ATM and all I was stating is that he hasn't hit top form yet. In my opinion he needs a few games under his belt before you see the true champion in full flight.

Is this thread real or a g up?? Makes me wonder if people know anything about football or just see Brett make two errors and decide he isn't playing well.

JohnB_32 said:
Is this thread real or a g up?? Makes me wonder if people know anything about football or just see Brett make two errors and decide he isn't playing well.

I know he only made two errors, but according to the stats he made 62metres and 3 tackles. I know he's much better than that. The last couple of games he's made over easily 100metres. As i've said I'm not bagging the bloke but he is better than that.

Mark from Brisbane said:
He was VERY down on himself at the post game function , reckoned he had a crap game

Hope you told him he did well, was FAR from a crap game by him. He made two mistakes but he also did many great things in defense aswell as that great try assist in the first half and the great ball to Lyon in the second half before that flick pass.

There's just a few little errors that keep sneaking into his game that weren't there when he was at his best. To be fair, this is happening to the entire team at the moment so we'll see how he (& the team as a whole) progresses as the season moves on.

The lack of metres doesn't bother me at all. He isn't a great kick returner & as such lets the Wookie or Taufua/Whare take the lions share of those carries. As for running from the line, some days the chances open up for him, some days they don't. He's not a selfish player, he'll pass the ball along if nothing opens up for himself.

Wolfpack said:
There's just a few little errors that keep sneaking into his game that weren't there when he was at his best. To be fair, this is happening to the entire team at the moment so we'll see how he (& the team as a whole) progresses as the season moves on.

The lack of metres doesn't bother me at all. He isn't a great kick returner & as such lets the Wookie or Taufua/Whare take the lions share of those carries. As for running from the line, some days the chances open up for him, some days they don't. He's not a selfish player, he'll pass the ball along if nothing opens up for himself.

Summed up perfectly mate!!! The whole team are making silly little errors but Snake also saves alot of trys with his great defense that sometimes goes unnoticed. He also sets up alot of our tries these days rather then being the player that actually scores the try, this is him becoming a more proficient ball player. He setup two of our tries tonight with two beautiful passes.

Don't know how u lot get around without your Labradors - he isn't playing anywhere near his best. You've forgotten how good he used to be.

Jerry1 said:
Don't know how u lot get around without your Labradors - he isn't playing anywhere near his best. You've forgotten how good he used to be.

Incorrect. I think his attack has had to take a step back with Foran out. However, his defense has improved to a point where he looks like defensive Brett in 2007/2008. Yes, he made mistakes, but so are the rest of the team.

Cut him some slack. Every player is allowed to have an off game, even the Prince.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2