1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Brett has lost his mojo .........

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by swoop, May 11, 2012.

1. swoop

swoop Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +1,201 / 16
    The guy is no doubt a superstar but he's not firing on all cylinders. He had limited oportunities and didn't look threatening. He's imo not right just yet. A few more games under his belt and we'll the Brett of old.

I beliebv when contract negotiations are all sorted with all players we will see the best of our team. B2B is very possible.

2. Earnie the Eagle

Earnie the Eagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +359 / 16
    I agree Swoop, I think that he will miss origin selection as well, there is just something not quite right about his game atm.

3. torana355

torana355 Well-Known Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1,491 / 27
    He made a few mistakes tonight due to frustration i think. We did not have enough possession for him to look threatening. He did however take some really good highballs.

4. 40NIL

40NIL New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Kids, A perfect example of what drugs do to the brain... Swoop, Your a goose!!!!

5. Masked Eagle

Masked Eagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +976 / 0
    I think he's playing well, but I think he's off his absolute best form. Snake has made plenty of errors this year and dropped a few bombs. He seemed to go for a few seasons before the troubles and he didn't make a mistake at all.

That being said, I'm a lot more confident now he can get back to his best now than I was 12 months ago and he would be my NSW fullback.

6. torana355

Ratings:
    +1,491 / 27
    The whole team is not playing anywhere near 100%. We only just beat Canberra and only beat the Broncos due to bad goal kicking. Snake will be fine when the rest of the side fix up their issues, plenty of players making stupid mistakes this year!!!

7. swoop

Ratings:
    +1,201 / 16
    WTF are you talking about you imbecile, blind fredy can tell you Brett is not at his peak yet. I wasn't bagging him, he needs a few games under his belt. BTW how old are you, I been supporting this club nearly 40 years.

8. Supesy

Supesy Member

Ratings:
    +14 / 0
    He's still building to his best but what he does to the team is phenomenal.

The way he directs the boys from the back and his defense is unmatched. I'm pretty sure Stuart has already picked him and this weekend is just about survival / suspensions.

9. Cameron

Cameron Cambo Premium Member

Redcliffe
    Ratings:
    +662 / 35
    I'm not indulging In the personal abuse but I agree with essence of 40nils
    Post. Brett made two uncharacteristic handling errors late in that game but that is dwarfed by the amount of good things he did earlier in the game his pass to Lyon after halftime was sublime. Under the highball he was safe as 1000 banks.

Get kieran back there and things will be a little crisper
    And he will score more tries. After he plays 3 origin games :)

10. silvertail

silvertail Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +398 / 6
    I wish he would jump high in the air to take bombs. Wont be long before a scum player like Crocker lines him up.

11. swoop

Ratings:
    +1,201 / 16
    I saw all that and was great in the 1st half. After playing such a significant role and looking like the champion last week, he seems to have his timimg off ATM and all I was stating is that he hasn't hit top form yet. In my opinion he needs a few games under his belt before you see the true champion in full flight.

12. JohnB_32

JohnB_32 Active Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    Is this thread real or a g up?? Makes me wonder if people know anything about football or just see Brett make two errors and decide he isn't playing well.

• Like Like x 1
  13. swoop

Ratings:
    +1,201 / 16
    I know he only made two errors, but according to the stats he made 62metres and 3 tackles. I know he's much better than that. The last couple of games he's made over easily 100metres. As i've said I'm not bagging the bloke but he is better than that.

14. Mark from Brisbane

Mark from Brisbane Living the dream Premium Member

Brisbane
    Ratings:
    +12,693 / 256
    He was VERY down on himself at the post game function , reckoned he had a crap game

15. torana355

Ratings:
    +1,491 / 27
    Hope you told him he did well, was FAR from a crap game by him. He made two mistakes but he also did many great things in defense aswell as that great try assist in the first half and the great ball to Lyon in the second half before that flick pass.

16. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +310 / 0
    There's just a few little errors that keep sneaking into his game that weren't there when he was at his best. To be fair, this is happening to the entire team at the moment so we'll see how he (& the team as a whole) progresses as the season moves on.

The lack of metres doesn't bother me at all. He isn't a great kick returner & as such lets the Wookie or Taufua/Whare take the lions share of those carries. As for running from the line, some days the chances open up for him, some days they don't. He's not a selfish player, he'll pass the ball along if nothing opens up for himself.

17. torana355

Ratings:
    +1,491 / 27
    Summed up perfectly mate!!! The whole team are making silly little errors but Snake also saves alot of trys with his great defense that sometimes goes unnoticed. He also sets up alot of our tries these days rather then being the player that actually scores the try, this is him becoming a more proficient ball player. He setup two of our tries tonight with two beautiful passes.

18. Jerry1

Jerry1 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,462 / 80
    Don't know how u lot get around without your Labradors - he isn't playing anywhere near his best. You've forgotten how good he used to be.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Jono

Jono Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +176 / 5
    Incorrect. I think his attack has had to take a step back with Foran out. However, his defense has improved to a point where he looks like defensive Brett in 2007/2008. Yes, he made mistakes, but so are the rest of the team.

Cut him some slack. Every player is allowed to have an off game, even the Prince.

20. bones

bones Bones Knows Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +8,999 / 102
    Guarantee Snake will be #1 for NSW