Brenton Lawrence

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
NYEagle said:
wombatgc said:
Talking to one of his best mates up here last night, and he said BJ rang him after the game, obviously not happy with the result but raved about the atmosphere at Brookie, and Choc's game..said the bloke is a machine!...and of course he is loving being a Manly boy!

Who is BJ?
That's his nickname.I'm guessing (hoping :blush:)his middle name starts with J.

Mals said:
Lawrence deserves his own banner.

I would make one up myself but already have committed to making one for GE*

* I am lazy couch surfer... no contract was signed...

@[globaleagle]

lol - oh that's ok. We all know you're not a man of your word.

Ooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hahaha kidding kidding.

HEY - Just for the record, you seem to be the only one whose tagging of me never works.

We've tried to fix it before but my apologies if it takes awhile to see your tag, as I only see it when perusing the thread.

I blame Dan!

*You don't havta make a banner, surf that couch!

@[Mals]

Phantar said:
wedgetail eagle said:
Lawrence of Arabia?

Lawrence of Brookvale!!
"No prisoners!!"

Let's hope he hasn't had any nasty run-ins with Turkish army officers.
Perhaps his autobiography could be titled 'The Seven Pillars of Aggression', or 'The Four Corner Posts of Competitiveness'.

What do you reckon?

globaleagle said:
Mals said:

@[globaleagle]

HEY - Just for the record, you seem to be the only one whose tagging of me never works.

We've tried to fix it before but my apologies if it takes awhile to see your tag, as I only see it when perusing the thread.

I blame Dan!

@[Mals]

Yes of course Dan is to blame!! :s

@[globaleagle]

Tagging you GE thru the normal web browser not Tapatalk. Hit me back if you get this in your inbox :) :idea:

If this doesn't work I'm fresh out of ideas...

Back on thread topic, now we will be really skinny on props, Brenton & Brent will once again have to play huge games against the Puff Dragons if we are a chance...

globaleagle said:
Mals said:

@[globaleagle]

I blame Dan!

@[Mals]

I have found on occasion that if I do a "Quick Edit" selection to edit a post to insert a tag, that the tag will not work so then I then have to re-edit the post using the "Full Edit" option to get the tag to work.

Jethro - scourge of pineapples said:
I have found on occasion that if I do a "Quick Edit" selection to edit a post to insert a tag, that the tag will not work so then I then have to re-edit the post using the "Full Edit" option to get the tag to work.

Good to know, thanks!

:)

Ryan said:
Lawrence is this club's current best prop, and should be in the selectors minds for rep football. Knowing our luck, he's probably a fricken QLD'er.

yep, been picked in the emerging Qld squad :p

The guy who made the banner 'Manly men love a slick Beaver',
may already have Brenton's banner -'Manly men love BJ' :p

Congratulations to BJ on making the Emerging Qld Squad today :angel:

Happy for BJ but this is just another case of Queensland cheating with origin eligibility. It's sickening.

I am sure tree was an interview with him where he was asked and then stated he was a cane toad

There even....

Not sure if this is relevant at all to his State choice. It seems so. I don't think there should be any surprises though. He has always called himself a Queenslander.

Brenton Lawrence (born 29 December 1984 in Mackay, Queensland) is an Australian professional rugby league footballer for the Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles of the National Rugby League (NRL). His position of choice is Prop.

Lawrence began playing rugby league at the age of nine for the northern Adelaide based club Central Districts Roosters in the South Australian Rugby League.

A former Australian Schoolboy rep in 2002, Brenton signed with the Canberra Raiders in the same year. He stayed with the Raiders for five seasons, playing under 18s, under 20s and Reserve Grade. Brenton did not play first grade for Canberra.

In 2008 Lawrence captained Woden Valley Rams in the Canberra District Rugby League competition. 2009 saw Lawrence take on the role as Captain/Coach as he led the Rams to the preliminary finals, the teams highest placing in 10 seasons.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brenton_Lawrence

Las Vegas Blvd said:
lsz said:
I am sure tree was an interview with him where he was asked and then stated he was a cane toad

There even....

Tree was an interview ? Silky oak or willow perhaps ..

Not my best work...

mozgrame said:
Not sure if this is relevant at all to his State choice. It seems so. I don't think there should be any surprises though. He has always called himself a Queenslander.

Brenton Lawrence (born 29 December 1984 in Mackay, Queensland) is an Australian professional rugby league footballer for the Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles of the National Rugby League (NRL). His position of choice is Prop.

Lawrence began playing rugby league at the age of nine for the northern Adelaide based club Central Districts Roosters in the South Australian Rugby League.

A former Australian Schoolboy rep in 2002, Brenton signed with the Canberra Raiders in the same year. He stayed with the Raiders for five seasons, playing under 18s, under 20s and Reserve Grade. Brenton did not play first grade for Canberra.

In 2008 Lawrence captained Woden Valley Rams in the Canberra District Rugby League competition. 2009 saw Lawrence take on the role as Captain/Coach as he led the Rams to the preliminary finals, the teams highest placing in 10 seasons.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brenton_Lawrence

There was an article getting around last year that he was trying to make himself available to play for NSW but it all fell through due to the new eligibility rules.

In 2012, he qualified as a New South Welshman and in 2013, he was a Queenslander.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/now-the-maroons-are-claiming-south-australian-brenton-lawrence/story-fndv2twz-1226649545389

swoop also posted the article on Silvertails here:

http://www.silvertails.net/forum/thread-35104-post-501613.html#pid501613

Well then, it's as clear as mud. If his heart is not in playing for Queensland, they won't pick him anyway. NSW have a lot bigger problems than requiring a front rower. Until they get some brains in the halves....

I love the fact he isn't available for NSW. We won't risk losing him during SOO, and he will still be in the running for the Kangaroo's. It's very funny indeed the selection predicament, and Manly's involvement in it.

On one hand we have Lawrence, a very good front rower who is by birth, a Queenslander but supposedly doesn't want to play for them.

On the other hand we have Lyon, the absolute best centre in the world, a former NSW rep player that is in demand by their selectors, but doesn't want to play for them.

Yet they both love and want to play out their careers here at Manly. God I love MANLY!!!!

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8