1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Brenton Lawrence fires back at dissension rumours

Discussion in 'News' started by Jethro, Jul 16, 2014.

By Jethro on Jul 16, 2014 at 6:35 PM
  1. Jethro

Jethro This space is for rent Staff Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +1,897 / 7
    Prop Brenton Lawrence has fired back at suggestions that there are factions and dissent among the Sea Eagles playing group.

"We are the tightest bunch of guys I have ever played with," one of the key men in the club's premiership campaign said.

"And you can see that from week to week when we show up and we are side by side making tackles and pushing in support.

Read More

• Like Like x 2

Comments

Discussion in 'News' started by Jethro, Jul 16, 2014.

1. Jethro

Jethro This space is for rent Staff Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
      +1,897 / 7
      Prop Brenton Lawrence has fired back at suggestions that there are factions and dissent among the Sea Eagles playing group.

"We are the tightest bunch of guys I have ever played with," one of the key men in the club's premiership campaign said.

"And you can see that from week to week when we show up and we are side by side making tackles and pushing in support.

"When someone makes a break you have five or six blokes chasing up his tail to try and help him out."

He said is what the playing group works on every day and every week.

The speculation resurfaced this week with revelations that star centre Steve Matai had requested a release from the final year of his contract and was still disappointed by the circumstances in which his good mate Glenn Stewart will leave the club

"I believe he is happy, as far as I know about a release he hasn't spoken about it at all," Lawrence said.

"And I think that is a credit to him, putting the team ahead of his own concerns."

Lawrence said in rugby league people come and go.

"I love Stevey and I would love him to stay, I would also just respect whatever he is thinking and whatever he wants to do in the future."

Lawrence said there was the business side of the club and there was the football team.

"All we are really concerned with from day to day is the football team," he said.

Lawrence said any outside influences involving the Sea Eagles brand really doesn't filter down to the playing group.

"To be honest it is all water of a duck's back, it doesn't affect me and I know it doesn't affect a lot of the players," he said.

Lock Tom Symonds admitted he was sick of talking about the topic.

"I think it has been beaten up a bit more than probably is the truth," Symonds said.

"If you look at some of the combinations that have been going really well and some of the footy we have been playing just shows that we are a tight-knit group.

"You guys can come up with something new to write about hopefully," he told reporters today.
      Jon Geddes
      Manly Daily

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/newslocal/northern-beaches/sea-eagles-star-brenton-lawrence-fires-back-at-dissension-rumours/story-fngr8iii-1226991235240

2. HappilyManly

HappilyManly MWTS Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Freshwater
      Ratings:
      +11,498 / 254
      http://www.foxsports.com.au/video?v=were-a-tight-bunch_1226991089774&vc=222

• Like Like x 2
    3. dowdz

dowdz Well-Known Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
      +853 / 5
      Well done BJ and TRed. How about talking about how good of a team we have.

• Like Like x 1
    4. sheridanstand78

sheridanstand78 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
      +3,308 / 51
      It wont happen cause News Limited policy is to trash Manly at all costs as we are newsworthy to the haters.

Its a shame that out club dont get the credit they deserve but its all in tune will allowing us to maintain a siege mentality and fly under the radar, long may it continue.

• Like Like x 4
    5. bones

bones Bones Knows Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
      +8,999 / 102
      Every bit of disharmony talk looks bad on Dave Perry. Which is exactly why the person who starts these rumours does so. The sooner this cancer has nothing more to do with the club, the better.

• Like Like x 3
    6. ManlyBacker

ManlyBacker Winging it Staff Member

Ratings:
      +971 / 7
      Same rubbish on TV tonight. We are top of the table because we can't get along and all want out. Pfffftt!

• Like Like x 1
    7. Mark from Brisbane

Mark from Brisbane Living the dream Premium Member

Brisbane
      Ratings:
      +12,701 / 257
      Exactly....Buzz you hear that , your mate. " the leak" needs to go and play Bingo in the old peoples home , best place for him!!

8. Eagles2nv

Eagles2nv New Team, New Beginnings 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
      +1,398 / 35
      When will the media learn. The more they try to derail the mighty eagles the more we soar.

Mabye there all closet manly fans and they know dragging us through the media will help us. :)

• Like Like x 1
    9. Pittwater Legend

Pittwater Legend Well-Known Member

Ratings:
      +780 / 28
      One of the best articles I have read in a long time.

Brenton Lawrence is a true champion.

• Like Like x 1
    10. MadMarcus

MadMarcus Local Lunatic 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
      +5,803 / 53
      All this disharmony talk is really starting to make me confident about winning the comp this year.

• Like Like x 1
    11. SeaEagleRock8

SeaEagleRock8 Sea Eagle Lach Staff Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
      +6,793 / 122
      Most players that leave Manly had to be dragged out the door kicking and screaming because they desperately wanted to stay. Even some officials, lol.

12. eelcatcher

eelcatcher Active Member

Ratings:
      +115 / 0
      Hmmm.. who to believe, Paul Kent or "Matt Ballin, Brenten Laurence and Tom Symonds?"

His "Leak" friend is clearly Todd Carney. And the rumours were changed from Cronulla Sharks to Manly Sea Eagles by Kent.

• Like Like x 1
    13. HoldenV8

HoldenV8 Well-Known Member

Adelaide
      Ratings:
      +6,735 / 125
      Ok, what article is coming next to try and destabilise Manly's run to the 2014 NRL premiership?

I guess the comforting thing is that this media BS would be happening even if we were running dead last (yeah, like that's ever happened or will happen).

14. globaleagle

globaleagle Où est mon chapeau Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
      +7,778 / 58
      “I think it has been beaten up a bit more than probably is the truth,” Symonds said.

“You guys can come up with something new to write about hopefully,” he told reporters today.

- lol, don't bet on it T-Red!!!

(actually best not to bet at all.)

15. ManlyMit

ManlyMit Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
      +183 / 7
      Here is Matt Ballin's interview on fox sports news

http://www.foxsports.com.au/video?v=ballin-no-tension-at-manly_1226989461473&vc=222

Poor guy has had a paralysed vocal chord!!

16. TWO DOGS

TWO DOGS Well-Known Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Berry
      Ratings:
      +429 / 1
      Matt should take over from Kingy next year as forward captain. He is a great competitor, speaks well and loves Manly.

• Like Like x 4