1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Brent Kite didn't want to leave Manly

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by wombatgc, Apr 9, 2013.

1. wombatgc

wombatgc Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Gold Coast
    Ratings:
    +2,471 / 42
    Kite didn't want to leave....

Manly prop Brent Kite, the 2008 Clive Churchill Medal winner, has spoken for the first time about being squeezed out of Brookvale, claiming he "earned the right" to finish his career with the Sea Eagles.

Read the full article

{Edit - Submitted as Article and format tidied up - C&C}

2. Mark from Brisbane

Mark from Brisbane Living the dream Premium Member

Brisbane
    Ratings:
    +12,693 / 256
    Kite didn't want to leave....

Trust Ritchie to drag up the board in an otherwise alright interview, move on please journos the board may not get on but " look at the score board"

3. dceagle

dceagle Active Member

Ratings:
    +50 / 0
    RE: Kite didn't want to leave....

Great answer to the ageing roster question . Journos are lemmings and Kitey got this one good

4. SeaEagleRock8

SeaEagleRock8 Sea Eagle Lach Staff Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,792 / 122

Kitey would never be a Dog. Nor Storm, I'd say.

5. Berkeley_Eagle

Berkeley_Eagle Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,115 / 14

Yeah I know
    It's been very quiet on the that issue lately maybe Vid or jonesy can tell us differently again lol

6. lovefooty

lovefooty Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +460 / 16

Dean Ritchie the red headed mummies boy.
    This story is mostly OK but he was digging for kite to bag the club, 1 for not getting a renewal and 2 to blame the board.
    Remember Sam Rarmie, Jess Ibis and others. He is always looking for the dig in on the club.
    Kite has to much class for that. Better luck next time you red headed fool.

7. Rambo1987

Rambo1987 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +212 / 2
    Wish Kitey all the luck at the Panthers - he should have finished his career here.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +6,080 / 284
    Kite is, and will always be one of my all time favorite players, characters, influences on the team and all round champion.

Oh, and the day he put one on Michael Crocker's chin will be etched in my memory forever ! Outstanding ! The ruffian :)

9. Masked Eagle

Masked Eagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +976 / 0
    I said it in another thread, but Kite could just be the first former Manly player not be boo'ed upon his return to Brookie.

10. Dee Why Eagle

Dee Why Eagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +331 / 4
    second - after Ron Gibbs

11. Rodo

Rodo Goldmember 2016 Tipping Competitor

Southern Sydney
    Ratings:
    +484 / 14
    Some very nice words by Brent. It's a shame he's leaving. He's been great for our club and will be missed.

12. manlyfan76

manlyfan76 Parra Trolls are the best. Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Anywhere but Parramatta
    Ratings:
    +5,341 / 111
    Kite will be better for Penriff then Petro was IMO

13. lsz

lsz Well-Known Member Staff Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +3,647 / 66
    As an aside should there be cap relief for number of games played as well as total years?

200 First grade games is a fair achievement....you should not have to leave a club after that level of service (unless you want too)

14. Chip and Chase

Chip and Chase True Supporter Staff Member Administrator Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,281 / 44
    Why would you want to leave Manly ? Especially to go to the 'Riff.

It's a bummer he has been squeezed out, but we got the best out of him and we look like we have some willing and able replacements. It's a pity that we couldn't get a good young 'un prop to be mentored by BK. Tasi or JWH may have learnt a bit from him had they hung around. With any luck he has been working with a few of the younger guys in NSW Cup / NYC teams

15. Kiwi Eagle

Kiwi Eagle Moderator Staff Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,425 / 31
    We have that good young prop, Ligi Sao, he could be anything

And I have heard so much about Cunningham over the years, he should have learnt a bit

16. The Who

The Who Well-Known Member

Mona Vale
    Ratings:
    +4,834 / 103
    A wonderful player and he seems a great bloke. He also seems to be smart and gracious enough to have a successful business career after football, perhaps within a RL club, in the media or an unrelated field.

What a difference to the way Brent is leaving and those couple of tarnished 'Berries.

17. Top End Eagle

Top End Eagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +942 / 40
    It would be nice if he could stay but I don't know too many props to go out on their own terms. Webke was an exception that proved the rule.

18. Eagles2nv

Eagles2nv New Team, New Beginnings 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +1,398 / 35
    It is a shame that kitey is leaving. He has given alot to this club, and i understand the need for him to move on.

Guys like symonds could give this club 10 yrs.

I hope that once kitey hangs up the boots he comes back to manly to suport the future team.

19. ManlyBacker

ManlyBacker Winging it Staff Member

Ratings:
    +971 / 7

As a messenger he blows. But deep down we all know that the board is as dysfunctional as a Charles Manson' dinner party. And as one of my all-time favorite Eagles I am disappointed he won't be finishing his NRL career with us.

20. Filz

Filz New Member

Wainuiomata
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    Be good to see how ligi sao goes for us when he gets given the chance. Brenton lawrence has been going good this year. What happened to that Cunningham?