1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Brent Kite Contract Renewal

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by fLIP, Oct 10, 2011.

1. fLIP

fLIP UFO Hunter

Brisbane
    Ratings:
    +790 / 15
    I know mid september we were pressing to resign Kite. Rumor is spreading hes been offered a 3 year deal with Bradford, their coach Mick Potter currently in Australia looking to finish the deal before he returns.

2. Berkeley_Eagle

Berkeley_Eagle Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,115 / 14
    Good luck to Brent, if he stays good and if he goes we have the youngsters ready to step in

3. fLIP

fLIP UFO Hunter

Brisbane
    Ratings:
    +790 / 15
    Was there not talk we were keen on buying JWH back from teh chooks?

4. Brissie Kid

Brissie Kid Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +828 / 10
    Heard the Waratahs were hoping to have JWH go back to union in 2012 if Roosters let him go.

5. mcatt

mcatt Active Member

Ratings:
    +53 / 0
    I'm ok with this. We just won the premiership and have a load of youngsters who stocks have well and truely risen. We need to make some tough decisions like this in order to compete with the dollars on offer to these young blokes.

If he leaves though, watch the papers blow it out of proportion and claim it's the beginning of the mass exodus...

• Like Like x 1
  6. Ceagle

Ceagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +238 / 3
    Yep, this is what will happen.

7. Canteen Worker

Canteen Worker Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +212 / 5
    I thought there was an announcement recently that Kite had signed for another two years. I hope so. He is great in my view. His defence is stirling stuff.

8. dowdz

dowdz Well-Known Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +853 / 5
    The Manly Sea Eagles have received a huge boost ahead of their grand final appearance with the New Zealand Warriors on Sunday with back rower Brent Kite agreeing to extend his contract for at least another two years.
    The new deal, which will be finalised following the grand final, will see Kite’s stay with the Sea Eagles extended until at least the end of 2013.
    “All looks good, agreed to terms and look like sticking around for a couple of years,” Kite told Sportsnewsfirst.com.au.
    “We’ll start with a couple and see how we go from there which is fine. I think my form will determine if I can get another one out after that but two’s good.
    “We’ll do all that once the footy is over and done with (this year).”
    The 30-year-old Queanbeyan Junior began his career with Manly in 2005 following a three-year stint with St George Illawarra, a former Test and Origin star Kite admitted while the nervous leading up to a title shot never go away, they do become easier to manage with the more big game football under the belt.

Read more: http://www.zerotackle.com.au/kite-fl...#ixzz1Z3ArKe4d

• Like Like x 2
  9. Masked Eagle

Masked Eagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +976 / 0
    I have a connection at the Waratahs and there has been no talk amongst the players at least that JWH is going to be playing there next year. They've also got a pretty full roster for backrow options, including picking up Rocky Elsom.

As for Kitey, I thought he has already signed a new contract with us? If he does go we probably need to hit the market place for depth as much as anything? Cuthbo to come back maybe? He's definitely a lot more motivated then he was in his last year here.

ps. I hope Kitey stays. A different style of prop to what he was a few years ago, but he's a leader.

10. Canteen Worker

Canteen Worker Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +212 / 5
    Thanks Dowdz. That explains it. Hopefully there is lots of good news for 2012!

11. fLIP

fLIP UFO Hunter

Brisbane
    Ratings:
    +790 / 15
    I for one wouldn't complain if we could get him back.

He was the standout in the roosters pack this season and has picked up some real mongrel. Just how we like to play.

12. dowdz

dowdz Well-Known Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +853 / 5
    No worries CW.Yes, locking in some of our players would be great news for 2012. Plus the headline MANLY MAKE IT BACK TO BACK GRAND FINAL WINS.

13. ALinda

ALinda Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +979 / 5
    If Kite's 'agreed to terms' like he's quoted as saying, then I'd be surprised if he reneged. I thought he was happily settled here with his family but
    then again, money talks....and with Des going maybe he's been persuaded to change his mind.

He was by far the player who showed the most exuberance and interacted with the fans on Thursday at the Fan Day at Brookie. I'll be so disappointed if he leaves.