BREAKING NEWS : Toovey Appointed for 2013

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Geoff Toovey appointed Manly Sea Eagles coach, Des Hasler to stay on for 2012

MANLY legend Geoff Toovey has been awarded a three-year coaching contract from 2013, with Des Hasler to remain at the helm of the Sea Eagles next season.

After a two-hour emergency board room meeting at Manly chairman Scott Penn's North Sydney offices tonight, the Manly Sea Eagles ratified Geoff Toovey as the best man to guide them out of their current mess.

The Daily Telegraph has been told the decision to appoint Toovey was a move to stabilise the club after the shock defection of two-time premiership-winner Hasler to the Bulldogs.

The seven-member Manly board spoke to Toovey via phone hook-up during the tense emergency meeting.

Full details in tomorrow’s Daily Telegraph.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/geoff-toovey-appointed-manly-sea-eagles-coach-des-hasler-to-stay-on-for-2012/story-e6frexnr-1226163341783

RE: BREAKING NEWS :

Good to see the club moving in a solid direction and promptly.

I can't say I agree with the decision but we'll see how it pans out. Look for toovey to take over mid season given the current Hasler/Board relationship. More unrest when not needed.

In certain respects, I wish he'd gone, but mabye now everyone can settle down and a good succession plan can be put in so Toovey can slot in easily in 2013.

This is exactly what needed to happen. Im stoked Tooves got the gig and Im gad we can enjoy this off season again.

This will give the boys a bit of a sense of stability and let them enjoy the break or four nations tour.

This club will survive a coach leaving.

Thank goodness some sanity has prevailed. Still not enough that Reilly should have any involvement in the club beyond February 2012.

Looks like they spoke to Toovs in the board meeting. Something I said I hope they do. Just hope it doesn't become too much of a distraction, I'm sure it will be for us as fans and especially the media which will make us even more angry towards them, but more so for the playing group.

Eventhough it wasn't my preference, the decision is now made and I can live with it, however if Des takes part in any contract negotiations with any Manly player about heading to the Dogs in 2013 his contract should be terminated immediately.

Thanks BE - should hopefully give stability.

Des is a thorough professional and will give it everything in 2012 for back to back GFs. He deserves the respect of seeing out the 2012 season - it might have been too much too soon to have Tooves as coach for 2012.

Now its time to sort out the board and the football club

Thank god! At least the board has some common sense.

They need to look themselves and stop blaming each other. Surely if someone was assigned to signup DES and it didn't happen, then why wasn't there any questions. I don't believe it's one person fault they are all to blame!

Good decision - now we have to get Tooves working on the playing group as well as key support staff (ie Crusher). As well as working on retention/recruitment activities (ie dont loose anyone to dogs that we want to keep) and setting up his support team - would love to see Beaver back

Congratulations Geoff!!!

Sweet, sweet news.

Hasler won us a competition despite having conflicts with the board. If he can keep us stable next season than I believe Tooves will start off with a blessed run.

RE: Toovey appointed for 2013

mcatt said:
At least they got that decision right and made it quickly!

Yes some common sense from the board. About time

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6