Bradfords new recruits

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Hi all

Firstly i've got to say thanks for selling us the beaver  ;) he was an amazing player in a very poor side last year, I only wish we'd got him from you a few years ago!

That coupled with seeing Watmough batter Rob "the rat" Burrow in the world club challenge last year I just knew where my NRL allegency should lie!! I still to this day have no idea how that was a penalty, if you are 5ft4, weigh 9 stone p1ss wet through and duck on impact, you are going to smashed into next week. Love it

I was just wondering if you could give us bradford fans the low down on the other guys we've bought from you for next year?

Since skysports lost the rights to NRL coverage its been hard to keep up with news and action so we're a little in the dark as to their strengths and weaknesses, and what they'll bring. I'm guessing they are on Menzies recommendation?

We're lead to believe Hall will be a bit of a no nonsense enforcer for us, something we've lacked since we sold Fielden to Wigan some years ago (you'll probably laugh after seeing him get floored by willie mason but it was the highlight of our season seeing him go toe to toe with barrie mcdermott from leeds!!). And I know nothing at all about l'estrange?

Also just wondered if you guys had any info on brett kearney? (not sure how old some of you are but i'm lead to believe he was injury free a few years ago and actually played a few games haha)

Which leads me to my final character reference - Orford?? I get the impression you guys aren't keen on him? just wondered why that was?
Bradford have had deacon at scrum half for many many years now and although a great servant to the club we are stale, predictable and uninspired so i'd pretty much take anyone to inject some new idea's into the halves. Appreciate your insight knowledge though.

cheers all, apologies for so many questions, but look forward to your responses

if any of you fancy checking out how your old boys are doing next season our unofficial bulls site is www.bradfordsbulls.co.uk , you'd be very welcome on their too!!

cheers

Rich

Hall is a no nonsense footballer, he is good for a disasterous mistake once a game, usually a dropped ball but he always makes up for it. He runs a good angle close to the try line and is hard to stop, if he has a head of steam up he is really hard to stop. Rolls his sleeves up in defense too.

I really like le strange. An honest hard working footballer, he was used only 20 mins per game for us but is a handy footballer. Throws about 50 thousand dummies as he drifts across looking for the right runner and tries to open a gap. To be honest he probably is an ideal player if your half back is a bit lack lustre as he can add some spark.

As for Kearney, if that is the guy who played fullback for tge sharks he seemed solid enough but I remember manly singling him out in one game in 2008 and even orford collected him with a good shot. He went missing for the rest of the match. He seems good enough.

As for orford he isn't a bad half in fact when on his game he is a bloody good footballer. We are just suffering from the same thing you are. His play is a little stale and we need some fresh blood somewhere.

Hope that helps

dan

Re Orford: although a great servant to the club he is pretty well stale, predictable and uninspired. Good luck with him, just don't let him do your drop outs.

Today's game with Australia vs. England shows exactly why it's not healthy to have so many imports in the British competition. Their International side is just crap.

They need to focus their attention on developing more of their own juniors, rather than paying pension funds for old Australian players, or players that have broken the law, and need somewhere to play.

But go ahead. Buy as many Australian players as you can. I rather enjoy watching the green and gold put 40+ on you in a final.

Thanks for the responses guys, much appreciated. Hopefully they will help turn our fortunes around

To go off track on this, I hear what you are saying Ryan but to counter act your point, Rugby League is a spectacle, and as such anyone who thinks people will pay to watch youngsters play youngsters at a lower standard is kidding themselves. Our amateur game is played on school fields infront of two men and a dog and more than proof that the public won't pay to go see that.
It may benefit us long term but people want success now

I'm a firm believer that we need the aussie imports to bring our youngsters through, the only way we will develop quality youngsters is if they play against the best week in week out. We have 14 super league sides, if we can't nurture and develop a squad of 25 quality english players capable of giving your boys a decent game from 14 teams then I think the problem is far deeper than how many imports we have in our game.

For what its worth I think the reason we are so far behind you internationally is because our entire domestic game is played around winning the penalty and getting a repeat set, or getting the referee to a point where he makes the game so fast that defences can't get back leaving gapping gaps in the defensive line. We have no craft or guile to break down a well drilled defence, and when we play you we try plan A, it fails because you dominate us defensively and we have no plan B.

In England we rave about the likes of Eastmond, Tomkins, McGuire, Burrow, Roby etc etc in super league each week but they are all players who epitomise what i've said above.

The only way we'll compete with you is to either drastically change the way we play the game

I'll get off my soap box now  ;)

BradfordSeaEagle link said:
Bradford have had deacon at scrum half for many many years now and although a great servant to the club we are stale, predictable and uninspired so i'd pretty much take anyone to inject some new idea's into the halves.

ahah3.gif
at that comment.

That is pretty much the way some of us feel about Orford at the moment.

So now you have Orford, Menzies, Hall and Le Strange. All had significant part of our Mighty 2008 premiership Team. Kearney is a good and versatile player, just has to be fit.

Get yourself and your family season tickets (if you havent already done so). Place your bets early as the Bulls will be winning many games in 2010.

Good Luck, please send us a young up and coming player in the mould of Sam Burgess. I don't know why he went to souths 

Bradford have signed Orford  :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Make sure that you double the size of your in goals so that he has a chance of keeping his kicks in play and shorten the size of your field by about three quarters and then his restarts will go over the 20 metre line. 

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4