Brad Fittler

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Killer03 said:
I was actually appalled at the bias from him and Ray Warren for about 50mins of that game. They just kept going on and on and on and on about that effing try.

Yep it was contentious, should have been a try. But didn't need to keep being discussed through the entire first half!

Notice at half time as well, even though we were leading 22-0, the collage of footage upon resumption of the telecast after the commercial break, was the Tigers disallowed try, and Taupau's line break. If you'd just tuned in at half time, you'd be forgiven for thinking the Tigers had dominated the first half.

Snake said:
Killer03 said:
I was actually appalled at the bias from him and Ray Warren for about 50mins of that game. They just kept going on and on and on and on about that effing try.

Yep it was contentious, should have been a try. But didn't need to keep being discussed through the entire first half!

Notice at half time as well, even though we were leading 22-0, the collage of footage upon resumption of the telecast after the commercial break, was the Tigers disallowed try, and Taupau's line break. If you'd just tuned in at half time, you'd be forgiven for thinking the Tigers had dominated the first half.

Yup, p*** weak in my view. I really don't mind Fittler, and to be honest I don't mind a bit of bias in commentary (a bit not over the top), but tonight I found myself saying 'shut up' to Ray Warren and Freddie on at least 2 separate occasions. Throughout the entire first half they kept going on about the try and then a couple of so-called dubious decisions where the Tigers were hard done by.....dear god!

It was a no-try. It looked like a try when I first saw it but on replay he put it down short and lost it immediately, before it rolled forward onto the line.
Well done to Hayne for being on the spot and making the call.
He is a great ref. (lol)

Yeah I lost count of the saccharine asides about them having '' No luck...geez tough call on the Tigs...Wow they can't take a trick...poor ole Tigs...''. ETC.

And Rabbits was his Agony Aunt.

You gotta laugh in the end, but I seriously may mute their commentary from now on.

He's a proper tripper. Like should not be on tv makes little sense tripper. There will always be commentators against manly but he should not be on tv because he articulates his thoughts and sentences like he has just smoked a massive reefer.

Mightn't be the greatest commentator ,but is a top bloke . I never thought the commentary was that bad ,we were actually on the right end of some calls tonight..

Maybe lsz should do our commentary?

I usually tune the commentators out....only really listen to the things they say off air (as it's still broadcast here).

I now know finch snores a lot, forgot his gloves last night, they all thought the no try...or at least not sending it up to the vid ref was a disgrace.

They do peter harvey impersonations, rabs was talking to his grandson..

etc

see...it's more interesting than their game calling!

I like Freddie but did notice what people are saying about his commentary last night. You could clearly tell he did not want Manly to win. Not that I have a issue with that.

RiverEagle said:
Yeah I lost count of the saccharine asides about them having '' No luck...geez tough call on the Tigs...Wow they can't take a trick...poor ole Tigs...''. ETC.

And Rabbits was his Agony Aunt.

You gotta laugh in the end, but I seriously may mute their commentary from now on.

This where the Live Blog needs to become an audio feed and we can listen to our (and warmly accepted) bias.

Killer03 said:

He needs to re-read the rule book too as he doesn't know the rules for the play-the-ball.

For the last 2 years he keeps saying that the rule for the play-the-ball is that

"The tackled player shall without delay regain his feet where he was tackled, lift the ball clear of the ground, face his opponent’s goal line and drop or place the ball on the ground in front of his foremost foot."

That rule was changed in the February 2013 Edition of the
'RUGBY LEAGUE LAWS OF THE GAME INTERNATIONAL LEVEL WITH NOTES ON THE LAWS AND NRL TELSTRA PREMIERSHIP INTERPRETATIONS (APPROVED BY THE AUSTRALIAN RUGBY LEAGUE COMMISSION)'​
and the "drop or" was removed from the rule.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4