1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Brad Fittler sacked ??

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by eagle_predator, Jul 18, 2009.

1. eagle_predator

eagle_predator Active Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Just heard on foxsports 2 i think Brad Fittler has been sacked ? I'm not 100% sure though and Brain Smith has been linked to the Roosters ?

2. The Wheel

The Wheel Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,761 / 72
    Yep announced on Channel 9 as well

3. Berkeley_Eagle

Berkeley_Eagle Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,115 / 14
    LOL Bwian Smith the perenial bridesmaid

4. TigerNige

TigerNige Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Reports don't make it clear. Has he been sacked with immediate effect & Smith comes in next year or does he carry on until the end of this season then go ?.

5. The Wheel

The Wheel Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,761 / 72
    I am pretty sure Ch 9 said he wont be coaching next season

6. blitzkrieg

blitzkrieg Active Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0
    Foxsports website says Fittler gone at end of year, however very strange to "announce" it now.
    Bet JWH wishes he stayed!! Like listed above Brian Smith = Bridesmaid!

7. TigerNige

TigerNige Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    After watching recent games you have to ask.
    Has he been coaching this season.  ;)

8. Chip and Chase

Chip and Chase True Supporter Staff Member Administrator Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,282 / 44
    I can only assume they want Brian Smith so that he can put the broom through the place and sweep all the rubbish out, just like he did at Parra and the Knights. They won't win a comp with him though as he doesn't seem to ever get the players respect and tends to polarise the the clubs he is at.

9. eagle_predator

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Smith on the phone already to Freddy are you ready to leave yet Freddy  ;D I've got your job

10. eagle_predator

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Got to feel for the knights fans though has smith ever stayed with the one club until his contract ran out or got sacked ?

11. gomanly

gomanly Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Stephen Kearney to the Knights now???

12. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Rule a line through the knights for the rest of the season.

He hasn't even told the knights players yet that he is going and they will find out today when they read the papers.  The knights fans will lynch him before the end of the season. 

Smith has no empathy or people management skills with players and only does what is best for him. 

Wouldn't be surprised to see hargreaves try and get out of his contract.  Especially when Lyon tells him what Smith is like. 

Politis is a wanker for paying such big money to a coach who has never won a premiership in first grade.  Imagine what he would pay des if he even came available. 

13. ManlyBacker

ManlyBacker Winging it Staff Member

Ratings:
    +971 / 7
    I have always had my doubts about Smith and couldn't believe the Rorters/Knights swap of coaches 3 years ago. I thought that the Eels would prosper and the Knights would wither. But to give credit to Smith he has achieved a lot more with the Knights than Anderson has with the Eels.

The Rorters need a huge shake-up and he may be the man to get it started, it is just a shame that never seems to hang around long enough to complete it.

14. eagle_predator

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    LOL Anderson hasn't even been at the Eels for a year yet  ;D