Bozo to Jamie

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

JEF

Reserve Grader
Tipping Member
What a class act this club has become.

Heard from horse's mouth Jamie was told by Bozo (Mr Integrity) that for the next season he would be playing Reserve Grade. Jamie was stunned. Completely blind sided and gutted. No warning.

Bozo said it would be in Jamie's interest to look around. Obviously suggested Newcastle (surprise surprise).

Jamie and his wife contacted Newcastle and went and met with them. They were treated like royalty. So excited to have him. They have the highest regard for him. As do everyone I have spoken to in the Rugby League community. And I speak to a lot.

Daly, is a close friend of Jamie's. He was in fact Best Man at his wedding. He is totally gutted.

This is not about whether Jamie is a good player or not. I happen to think he is. And we will miss him sorely.

This is really about our culture and the way we treat our people.

Sorry Bozo you were a great footballer. A great footballer doesn't mean a great person. Bozo, the wonderful culture of this great club is lost on you.

Please go away (and take Zorba with you).

It really is sad that it appears that Jamie was forced out of the club and it was done ruthlessly as well.

Bozo has a mandate from the owners to rebuild our club.

The lack of respect shown to players like Jamie is becoming all to familiar and the togetherness that was our hallmark is gone for now.

We need to know urgently what replacements are coming in.

It was always going to be painful to watch the end our great era and time will tell if bozo and crew got it right.

It's been a tough time for the club. Next season is huge. If these changes don't improve our club heads have to roll

Last edited:
Have been a bit torn on this one and if playing wise this was a good decision or not, but that is absolutely appalling if it is the case and it is a concern the way the club is heading

Of course all will be forgotten if the results come, but karma generally has a way of biting people and hopefully it will find the people treating club players this way

^ Yeah, that's been my concern all along - not so much what's being done (although that's bad enough) but the way it's being done and the message it sends to the rest of the squad. The close bond that used to be so evident among the players has been destroyed and it ain't gonna come back in a hurry. Hope I'm wrong, but I can't see us being any better next year.

Interesting that Daly was happy to walk out on JB not all that long ago but now is gutted JB is going to another club
Yes but very different situation when you're told by the club that you're not wanted (after being a loyal, long serving, consistent player) as opposed to you seeking out the best deal possible which looked like being from another club.

Symonds now Buhrer. Daly's friends are slowly being pushed out of the club. Myles next?
Just as Canterbury are ringbarking Hasler, Manly (inadvertently at least) appear to be ringbarking DCE. I say inadvertently, because Fulton was the one who turned USS Frank C(herry). Evans around, just before it collided with HMAS Melbourne by the Sea (aka the Gold Coast).

So what's the caper now?

PS: I am hating the keyboard on this iPhone, especially after the latest update.

Makes you wonder how happy management are with their lifetime contract for DCE - keeping in mind that they originally made the choice to let him go and try to keep Foran instead.

How can anyone tell one of our best players that he'll be in reserves next year four months before the next trial match? If he's told Jamie this, what has he told Poo and Plod ... that they'll be running water for the Harold Matts team?
I find it staggering that the best footballer I've ever seen is such a poor judge of footballing talent. Who out there can tell me Poo and Plod have played better for Manly than Jamie and T-Red?
I idolised Fulton as a player, but from all accounts he is a complete let-down as a person.

I recently found my childhood sea eagles scrapbook with lots of news clippings from 1976 and 78. Obviously in 76 Bozo was my hero. For a 12 year old there was no brighter star in my firmament (purple prose, I know). As an adult I have respected his passion for the club. But if this is true how he has treated Jamie, he has lost me. Love Jamie, his skill and heart, hope he gets to be captain at the Knights and they have a huge year. I will still love Manly but something is becoming lost.

Truly disgraceful and don't forget Barrett in all of this. In separate interviews toward the end of the season he described Jamie Buhrer as one of our best on the field this season and a contender for the captaincy in 2017.
How does he coach from here when he is seemingly not included in any decision making and publicly undermined. I wasn't a fan of his appointment but for God's sake, let the coach be in charge of our team!!!

Just as Canterbury are ringbarking Hasler, Manly (inadvertently at least) appear to be ringbarking DCE. I say inadvertently, because Fulton was the one who turned USS Frank C(herry). Evans around, just before it collided with HMAS Melbourne by the Sea (aka the Gold Coast).

So what's the caper now?

PS: I am hating the keyboard on this iPhone, especially after the latest update.
Dude why are you still using apple?

Well the flipside to that is that Bozo could have said nothing to Ferris and then had him play reserve grade next year without warning - pretty much the Feleti Mateo treatment this year. At least he is being honest and telling Jamie that he isn't going to figure in their plans moving forward and it gives him every opportunity to sort out a deal elsewhere...which he has clearly done now at Newcastle. Likewise Jamie could have stayed and played out the last year of his contract and tried to force their hand to pick him.....he chose to move on

I love Ferris as much as the next Manly fan, but if he ain't part of their grand plan then why string the guy along. There is no easy way of dealing with something like this, damned if you do, damned if you don't. I hope Jamie kills it at the Knights, good luck to him.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2