Boycott the Dogs Game!!!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
conanu said:
Fluffy said:
Why would manly fand pay $33 a ticket when they can get tickets for $10 Con?

Wow ive just achieved 70% of your protest yet still found a way for a fan to be a fan not an immature whining litte brat.

I really should put my powers to better use.

Steady on Fluff, an immature whining litte brat. Fair go just cause i think differently to you doesnt make me immature brat. And Bones when did i say if you go your not a true supporter??? I dont have a problem if people go i just wont be falling into greenturds trap. But thats just me.

It's A TRAP!!!!!!!

A trap to make people go to a game to watch their team play. Who would have thought? Greenberg is a genius.

I have spent 6 years building an away game supporter base, it's called the MWTS (for anyone that's not aware).

I'd be 150% positive the MWTS will be there in force...and so they should be!!!

I haven't read this whole thread - pretty much just the title.. I cannot believe people would consider boycotting this game. This is probably one of the biggest of the year. Yes Dogs will get our money because of it but hey they'll have to do the same in Round 20 when they come to Brookvale.

Every fan who can physically get there should BE THERE. SUPPORT YOUR TEAM.

anyone who boycotts is NOT a true supporter, and I'd be ashamed to have them as a fan of this club. That's an incredibly narrow-minded point of view.

Mark from Brisbane said:
I have spent 6 years building an away game supporter base, it's called the MWTS (for anyone that's not aware).

Really? Must have been a slow almost non existant start then because it wasnt until 2008 Canberra game when after a few cans of spinach we tallked many of the manly supporters to come down to the one area and for the first time had a decent group of suporters together at an away game. Catching the bus back with people i had never met before that night singing manly songs was the true birth of the MWTS. Many threads, emails and phone calls were made to continue this through shark park as well.

Manly To Win! said:
anyone who boycotts is NOT a true supporter, and I'd be ashamed to have them as a fan of this club. That's an incredibly narrow-minded point of view.

This I agree with. Not many here like the use of the words "true supporter" but anyone that boycotts this game, of all games, is NOT a true supporter of the club.

PS: A boycott means that you can make the game but you choose not to purely because of your hatred for the opposition. Anyone that cannot make the game due to geographical/work/family/dog ate homework etc. reasons is not included in my above comment.

The MWTS story started at the Sunshine Coast trial in 2006, struggled through 2007 but really took off in 2008, so it has been going 6 years but only in big numbers since 2008.

Boycott the game, pfft are you for real. This is a professional sport and we have ourselves, Manly to thank for that. Lets just get on with it hey, and keep watching and enjoying football

Fluffy said:
Mark from Brisbane said:

Really? Must have been a slow almost non existant start then because it wasnt until 2008 Canberra game when after a few cans of spinach we tallked many of the manly supporters to come down to the one area and for the first time had a decent group of suporters together at an away game. Catching the bus back with people i had never met before that night singing manly songs was the true birth of the MWTS. Many threads, emails and phone calls were made to continue this through shark park as well.

I don't disagree with you in terms of the year that it really took off but nevertheless the brand was "hatched" in 2006, and initially was thought about to garner support at away games here in SEQ after I attended a game here early in the season after moving here in 2005.

I met Pete Davis and Aaron Markie at a 2006 game at Suncorp (there were lots of other supporters there but all sitting apart and no one knew anyone else), and Aaron offered to assist to get people to sit together from then on by promoting this through the club website and members e-mails.

In 2007 I met Vidmar (early in the year) and we started "away games" doing Townsville and I think the Gold Coast, and he started the process of trying to get people to travel and sit together at away games in Sydney.

We had around 50 do a MWTS Grand Final Tour in 2007, so that was the very first "big" get together.....most were from country NSW or Queensland.

The 2008 year was however the year where it really took off in Sydney (and susequently for away games as well), and this was due to the building of the "brand" through the Sea Eagles input and more importantly word of mouth.

And some might say the real birth of the MWTS was the first World Club Challenge Tour in 2009.

The first really big offshore tour was 2010 when we took about 60 to New Zealand over Easter.

Since then it has grown and grown each year....I now have about 2000 on my e-mail data base, and we are close to 700 on the MWTS Facebook page.

Our biggest gathering was the 2011 Grand Final when we co-ordinated 200 to attend that game, but we also assisted large groups attend the Semi Finals as well with "MWTS allocations" of seats.

So the 2008 year may have been when you first encountered the MWTS but it certainly wasn't it's first year of activity.

There is far more to the MWTS than your tours and datebase Mark and as you say that side only really took off after the Sydney part got going with guys like Jono, Jake, Tyler and not to mention the Hair (where would we be without the hair). Its not just about people spending money on out of town tours its about hooking up with friends something i feel is getting lost nowdays.

If I lived in Sydney I would go to every game no matter what! As a supporter and member its frustrating watching from afar not being able to get to games as often as I would like. I first went on one of Mark's MWTS trips back in 07 and have totally enjoyed every one since.

Fluffy said:
There is far more to the MWTS than your tours and datebase Mark and as you say that side only really took off after the Sydney part got going with guys like Jono, Jake, Tyler and not to mention the Hair (where would we be without the hair). Its not just about people spending money on out of town tours its about hooking up with friends something i feel is getting lost nowdays.

Well said.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4