Boxing: Danny Green v Manny Siaca 140410

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ssar

Bencher
Danny Green v Manny Siaca
Wed 14 Apr 2010

IBO Cruiserweight
Weight limit 200 pounds (around 90.7kg, division between light heavyweight and heavyweight)
World Title Fight - Title held by Danny Green, won 16th Aug 2009
Scheduled for 12 3-minute rounds

Challenge Stadium Mt Claremont, Perth WA

Doors Open : 4:30pm
First Bout : 5:30pm
Main Bout : 8:30pm approx
Concludes : 9:30pm approx
(local times, tickets from ticketmaster)

This equates to an approximate Main Bout time of 10:30pm Sydney time.
(It'd make sense to get to a pub that's showing it 1 or 2 hours prior the Main Bout ETA though, in case some of the prelim. fights are pretty

short)

---

Danny Green's official website: www.dannygreen.com.au

Danny Green wiki: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Danny_Green

Fox Sports Find a Venue for this event: http://www.foxsports.com.au/boxing/fight-night#green-v-siaca

Pay TV Subscribers: event will cost $49.95 inc. GST (FOXTEL, OPTUS & AUSTAR)

---

Danny Green: 37yo from Australia
Stance: Orthodox
Height: 6'1" / 185cm
Record: Won 28 (25 by KO), Lost 3 (0 by KO), Drawn 0

Manny Siaca: 34yo from Puerto Rico
Stance: Orthodox
Height: 6'1" / 185cm
Record: Won 22 (19 by KO), Lost 6 (2 by KO), Drawn 0

---

CURRENT UNDERCARD (subject to change):

6) MAIN EVENT: Danny Green (AUS) v Manny Siaca (Puerto Rico), Cruiserweight 12 Rounds

5) Will Tomlinson (AUS) v Oscar Bravo (Chile), Super Featherweight 12 Rounds

4) Naoufel Ben Rabah (Tunisia) v Solomon Egberime (AUS), Welterweight 8 Rounds

3) Zac Awad (AUS) v Jeremy Allan (AUS), Super Middleweight 6 Rounds

2) Adam Wills (AUS) v Chad Roy Naidu (AUS), Welterweight 6 Rounds

1) Matt Garlett (AUS) v Corey McConnell (AUS), Super Featherweight 4 Rounds

---

NSW TAB Sportsbet odds at Tue 13 Apr:

Head to Head:
Green $1.14 v Siaca $5.25

Method of Result:
Green by Knockout $1.67
Green by Decision $2.65
Draw $34.00
Siaca by Knockout $8.00
Siaca by Decision $12.00

---

In Danny's hometown, and with his demolition of Roy Jones Junior in Sydney on 2nd Dec 2009 in just over 2 minutes into the fight, this is

looking like a somewhat one-sided affair.

Once the bell goes for the 1st round however, there's a lot that can happen and you never know.
Let's hope Siaca can hold his own for several rounds, and make for a good, honest fight.

Go Danny Green of course regardless!

Manny's a tough guy, but his plan is to try to knock Green out because he wont win on points.

After 4-5 rounds he will probably start to tire. Green by KO in 6 or 7.

3 rounds. Mundine running scared, he wont go for a rematch after Green disposed of RJJ and Siaca so easily.

easily outpointed him, but pulversie?

Still, because manly beat Storm 40-0 in 2008, doesn't mean they will do it on Monday.

Green is at his best weight. He was skinny and showing bones against Mundine and lost fair and square. At the SMW Choc may win again, but meet in the middle and it would be a better fight.

The Daily Telegraph can reveal the rival Green and Mundine camps have already spoken several times without success since the Perth brawler's comprehensive three-round win against Puerto Rican Siaca.

"Because it seems like Choc is content to keep chasing fights at light middleweight and middleweight," Green's manager Justin Manolikos conceded.

"To be honest I can't see why there would be any fuss about weight anyway.

"When Anthony played for the Dragons he was up around 95kg wasn't he?

"And after Dan beat Roy Jones Jr he came out to say he'd fight him at cruiserweight. Fight him at heavyweight.

"But if nothing changes, so be it. We'll keep chasing names like Roy Jones Jr while he keeps chasing cab drivers named Roy."

@ matabele - RJJ should hook up with Mundine and get the numbers of all the cab drivers he's been fighting lately for his new business then  :)

I see Green's latest "opponent" can't even get registration to fight in NSW so the fight has been taken off to Perth.  At least Mundine fights cab drivers, not geriatrics and the emergency ward waiting room. 

Mundine's record or fighting the best in the business seems to rub off on Sonny Bill. Way to prove you've got what it takes in the ring.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFZqrOnqzQc

Don't know if any of you have seen much of Shane Cameron ? Was reasonably regarded as a heavyweight until David Tua destroyed him last year. He has now dropped 10kg to fight at this weight with the goal of fighting Green

He starts that by fighting another Aussie next week, Daniel Ammann or something like that, think he was in Home and Away years ago lol

Matabele link said:
I see Green's latest \"opponent\" can't even get registration to fight in NSW so the fight has been taken off to Perth.  At least Mundine fights cab drivers, not geriatrics and the emergency ward waiting room. 
  Pfffft.  Green has set a new low.  A punch barely brushed Briggs' hair and he went down.  Where are all the Green apologists now?

Matabele link said:
[quote author=Matabele link=topic=183008.msg272554#msg272554 date=1278654213]
I see Green's latest \"opponent\" can't even get registration to fight in NSW so the fight has been taken off to Perth.  At least Mundine fights cab drivers, not geriatrics and the emergency ward waiting room. 
  Pfffft.  Green has set a new low.  A punch barely brushed Briggs' hair and he went down.  Where are all the Green apologists now?
[/quote]
I was never in this debate but that looked very weak. Centrebet were rightly blowing up from the hit they took. Green and Mundine deserve each other - about the right fit with the hacks they have been 'sparring' with.

It's too bad Darchinyan couldn't get up some weight to fight Green or Mundine.  He'd pulverise both and they'd be terrified of him.  He could probably beat them at his current weight.

Reading in the paper over here today that Cameron and Green looks a certainty in November as Green wants to fight someone credible to get some reputation back. Only thing that will stand in the way of it is a rematch with Jones Jnr

LOL, a rematch with someone in his dotage.  Green might find a harder opponent amongst Jones' grandchildren.

Matabele link said:
[quote author=Matabele link=topic=183008.msg272554#msg272554 date=1278654213]
[/quote]

Two wrongs don't make a right. Green has lost some of my respect after the Briggs fiasco, it was quite pathetic actually and I'm not sure what Green hoped to achieve by fighting him. Boxing is a sad, sad sport at the moment.

I think we can all agree that boxing has lost it's way.  I remember the event that a Tyson fight was 20-25 years ago.  Now no one can care - I wouldn't have a clue who the heavyweight champion of the world is (given there are probably seven).

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6