Boring Modern Attacks of "All Clubs"

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Boring Modern Attacks of "All Clubs"

If our left to right passing was as crisp and fluent with natural ball playing variety as our right to left side we would have won that game easily even with players out and not deserving of the win.

I'm sick of modern professional teams still throwing 1960,70's,80's lolly pop passes on their weak passing sides----too many times you will see attacking sides camped on the left side of the field and the next play is a settler up the middle because they cant spread it quick enough in that direction.(yes occasionally its done to give two options on the next play or to drag defences in before a set play)

Slow ball playing taking an eternity to get to the opposite side of the field combined with the slow movement of forwards is made even worse by a slow ball playing back rower unable to sprint around a sliding defence or shuffles too often before releasing his pass. The only time we look good going right is when we are on a roll and its a short side play at speed moving forward that's when Glens ballplaying looks crisp and with intent.

Like Gus Gould stated he is sick of modern halves taking the easy second man deep option all the time basically all teams attack in the same manner and most teams are weak going left to right. The Dragons attack is the same and its boring to watch, last year they got away with being one dimensional in attack due to a good structured rolling forward pack that was disciplined and superb defence it will be tougher this year if their attack does not evolve and become more creative.

Re: Boring Modern Attacks of "All Clubs"

I think you will find that if a team is weak on ther right to left, we will focus our attack on that side of the field. We didn't paly much to Jamie's side last night because he was underdone and was playing against apparently the worlds best centre. If Matai was playing last night I beleive we would have scored more points, not because Buhrer wasn't good, simply because he is not a centre. Souths were as weak as piss down their left side, we didn't hit it as much as what we should have. 

Hey Technical Coach. I think I'll give consider being a devoted Rugby League fan away after reading your depressing post.
I find the current game hugely exciting with multiple options and possibilities in attack available for most sides I watch.
Maybe you need to look at being so "technical".
Its boring to read about.

I consider Technical Coach a true wanker of the Jason Taylor mode.

DSM5 link said:
I consider Technical Coach a true w****r of the Jason Taylor mode.

I think your comment DSM5 is being unfair to Jason Taylor and generous to Technical Coach. And I can't stand Taylor's articles......

All hail - Vidmar is no longer the holder of the title for most words per post ;D
Technical coach may be technical, but if he talks as much as he writes I doubt he'd be very effective as a coach.
Very hard to read on a forum too, I miss most of TC's wisdom due to lack of interest in tackling a solid block of text  :(

Didn't take long for the regulars to build up their post counts with insults--- why not try the old ignore my posts style if it bores you to death.

Yeah its long could be structured better and add the element of just supporting the team but to me supporting the team is game day entertainment and the rest of the week is enjoying the analysis of the performance.

I never isolate certain players blaming them over the performance like other so called supporters who lack a degree of class and respect in their posts.

Ok will sit back as a guest now and enjoy the conga line of responses and back slapping and the putting down of individual players.

edit: unwarranted post by me.

2 uppercuts delivered to self.

Not fair guys.

Each to their own. Technical Coach has his own style and his own points to make. If you don't like them/find them boring then don't bother reading. Otherwise play the ball and not the man, argue the point and not the style.

I for one like his posts, they may be long winded and verbose, certainly more then I find needed, but that is life - you can't have everything.

He is far better a contributor then some of the trolls who have been on here in recent days. At least he is trying to add to the forum with something constructive.

---

Rusty link said:
Not fair guys.

Each to their own. Technical Coach has his own style and his own points to make. If you don't like them/find them boring then don't bother reading. Otherwise play the ball and not the man, argue the point and not the style.

I for one like his posts, they may be long winded and verbose, certainly more then I find needed, but that is life - you can't have everything.

He is far better a contributor then some of the trolls who have been on here in recent days. At least he is trying to add to the forum with something constructive.

---

Left to right I have seen some pretty decent attack over past few weeks, dce on the right on to g Stewart, on to hoppa/Lyon has been way better than last year. G stewarts kick for wolf's try was on the end of such a movement, as was oldfield's on Friday night. Sorry to feed the troll.

"Like Gus Gould stated he is sick of modern halves taking the easy second man deep option all the time basically all teams attack in the same manner and most teams are weak going left to right. The Dragons attack is the same and its boring to watch, last year they got away with being one dimensional in attack due to a good structured rolling forward pack that was disciplined and superb defence"
And they won the comp and WCC  so other coaches will follow them. So they are Technically the best team.

Bit harsh on TC I feel, he puts a bit of thought into his posts, yes a bit long winded BUT he's entitled to his opinion....at least he's not like that other dickhead Gregs Choice...he's def a Manly fan!

Mark from Brisbane link said:
Bit harsh on TC I feel, he puts a bit of thought into his posts, yes a bit long winded BUT he's entitled to his opinion....at least he's not like that other dickhead Gregs Choice...he's def a Manly fan!

Mark, I am convinced that Greg's Choice is Lotti's other half and that TC is their love child. Maybe it's the other way around.......I'm not sure.

I am sure of one thing, neither are Manly fans, both are trolls and both have no idea about Rugby League.

I enjoyed TC's analysis. At least he is offering a perspective that few of us had considered. I'll watch out for it in the next match. Personally, I don't think its any harder passing left-to-right than right-to-left, and if any player has difficulty then he should be called a professional.

Technically yes the dragons are the benchmark but more so for their rolling composed no mistakes forward pack a long kicking game and great defence but their attack is nothing special.

Like i said "most" times our right side attack going from last year and this year looks good with short side moves or just off centre working right having the  defence moving backwards----yes the odd exception will occur with Oldfield and Williams tries. (off kicks may i add)

My issue is purely around ball playing crispness and natural ball playing skill going to our right----double pumps,holding the ball back, face balls,looking at the lead runner and passing to the second man, off the hip balls, showing it outside and bringing the attack back in etc etc are easier on your strong side than on your weaker side.

Try it yourself----you will feel awkward in your arms and body trying those moves on your weak side even passing to no-one(lol) but in this day and age professional full time players should not have this issue.

Juniors are being coached in corridors or replicating professional players, Gould is correct we need a "Halves Skill School" for the betterment of the game otherwise teams will all replicate themselves with limited ball playing options.

No doubt halves are "created" rather than being born to it....all players have to have skills, but to be able to pass (left or right) crisply probably comes from practice practice and more practice.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6