Boring lack of creativity

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

silvertail

Reserve Grader
Pearce is a one trick pony. Two short decoy runners with the option for a long ball out the back. Yawn. Ho-hum!

Go back to penalising decoy runners for any contact with defensive players and the see the Roosters struggle to score any points.

The Bulldogs were a pathetic joke lacking any creativity, forced to back ball playing overweight props and an overuse of decoy runners, rather that back the creativity of their halves.

We have the most creative halves, yet we have to play against teams that purely rely on creating an overlap by falsely committing a defensive player.

Enough with this rubbish! Penalise the decoy runner for making any contact with a defensive player.

As far as the Blues are concerned, would you be happier to run with the combo of Pearce and Maloney or, take a chance on Luke Brooks? I like the way Brooks and Farrah are combining so far this year (yeah I know it's only round 3) but Brooks is looking brilliant. Not sure how he'd go playing with Maloney though. Anasta has found a bit of form too. Tedesco must be on the Blues radar surely.

For me, if I was a Blues selector, I would seriously consider the Tigers;

1. Tedesco
6. Anasta
7. Brooks
9. Farah

If they continue the way they have started the season, their combinations would cause Qld some headaches. You would do well to keep an eye on the Tigers this year. They may do very well.

Not like Foran or any other ballplayers have as much sleight of hand as they should or a much longer list of structured variations, Foran uses similar plays and should be developing more also.

Teams since last year have been copying the Rooster double decoy/blocker play and most structure it wrong even the Roosters who do it best.

Too often the decoys are in line with each other almost ruling out the face ball option to the outside decoy ---you can almost ignore the outside runner with most clubs use of the play, the Roosters do hit the outside runner more often than the rest making their use of this play more dangerous.

Wests looked like manly attacking in the 20 last night, at least in the halves. The centers were running too much at a 45 degree angle though, which buggered it.

Don't do that. How'll anyone recognise you at the airport?? I'm not saying Anasta will play origin, I'm saying I wouldn't rule him out at this stage.

Anasta would be at 1000 to 1 to play Origin. I'll admit he played quite nice last night, but that doesn't make an Origin player.

As for Pearce who replaces him? Adam Reynolds is just a shadow of his former self, and Luke Brooks does look absolute quality but he's 2 to 3 years away. How will Brooks shape up against a team that dominates his forwards? This was meant to happen last night, but didn't, so will be interesting to see how he goes when it does.

For a few years to come, NSW fans are going to do what they've been doing since 2011. Cry about the fact that Foz is a Kiwi and DCE is a Queenslander. The amount of times I've read things like "if only they could play for NSW we'd hardly ever lose"....I could be rich by now if they gave money for reading things like that.

With the lack of quality halves out there or coming through who are eligible for NSW, it means the Blues might be stuck with Pearce. Though if Brooks continues like he has done so far, and like DCE has done continues to get better, then being stuck with Pearce might not be for much longer. Won't be this year though. Injuries aside, last years GF win has given the Chooks halves the inside running. But after this year, if the Blues lose again I can't see Pearce darkening the sky blue jumper again.

I'll say this though. Apart from the halves, NSW does have a number of younger players coming through (such as Tedesco) who are going to give Qld a lot of trouble, and more than a few losses, over the next 10 or so years.

mozgrame said:
Don't do that. How'll anyone recognise you at the airport?? I'm not saying Anasta will play origin, I'm saying I wouldn't rule him out at this stage.

Funny you say that I'm reading this having just flown from the GC to Sydney and had one comment on my hat and saw another 2014 members hat in the distance.

mozgrame said:

I'd play Snake at 6 before Anasta. Geez how desperate would NSW need to be to pick that muppet ?

GE is going to poo his pants when he reads this. Anasta has had way too many bad games to be allowed back in origin. If nsw want to win pick carney at 9.

Mark from Brisbane said:
Blues may as well try anything, they aint going to win with Pearce!!

Not sure about that Mark, put Pearce and Maloney in a team, get the right "synergy" with the referees, they can beat anyone! :huh:

mozgrame said:
I'll throw up another one. John Sutton. Not at 5/8, but somewhere in the side.

Please god said it isn't so!! I'm going to let my anti Sutton bias show but....really? This guy over the last 5 or 6 years plays 1 good game (out of every 10) and he gets mentioned as an Origin rep. I know a lot better judges than me rate him, but I just don't see it. He's just an inbetweener. Not good enough or creative enough to be a good 5/8 and not tough enough or fit enough to be a good lock.

Hahaha! Anyone seen the pattern yet?? I don't want any Manly players involved in SOO this year!! Cronk is in bloody ripper form and DCE is no lock. LOL

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6