Bookies way off the mark insists Hasler

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Jason Taylor (on smh.com.au) says Manly are his pick to win the comp. The only other chances are Magpies and Steelers, he reckons.
He's a much better judge than Dessie, lol.

Forget the radar. We're talking sonar here.

Des is keeping the team below the thermal layer just off the continental shelf, where the hull-mounted sonar transmissions merely hit the layer and bounce back up. HMAS Sea Eagle, after some earlier (and totally unnecessary) active transmissions, has gone from Patrol to Search and ultimately to the Ultra Quiet State, sound mats in place, unnecessary machinery switched off (to maximise passive detection ranges) and with all unnecessary movement kept to a minimum.

He is keeping the boat at six hundred feet and is unlikely to return to the roof or PD (Periscope Depth) until approximately 2030K on Saturday, 10 Sep 11. The first green grenade, signifying commencement of hostilities, to be launched from the forward Submerged Signal Ejector (SSE) shortly thereafter.

That might explain some of your more out-there contributions to the forum. Post traumatic stress...

Maybe! Did have one or two close shaves - floods (for real), the odd (small) fire, boat sinking when it should have stayed neutrally bouyant etc. Lol.

Phantar said:
Forget the radar. We're talking sonar here.

Des is keeping the team below the thermal layer just off the continental shelf, where the hull-mounted sonar transmissions merely hit the layer and bounce back up. HMAS Sea Eagle, after some earlier (and totally unnecessary) active transmissions, has gone from Patrol to Search and ultimately to the Ultra Quiet State, sound mats in place, unnecessary machinery switched off (to maximise passive detection ranges) and with all unnecessary movement kept to a minimum.

He is keeping the boat at six hundred feet and is unlikely to return to the roof or PD (Periscope Depth) until approximately 2030K on Saturday, 10 Sep 11. The first green grenade, signifying commencement of hostilities, to be launched from the forward Submerged Signal Ejector (SSE) shortly thereafter.

Good Summation.

Me, I'm an ex skimmer.

Fonz said:
Phantar said:
No Fonz - I served on 'O' Class submarines from 1984-1995.

Oh, so you're just gay then? :D

Careful what you say about Jack Tars, Fonz. There are a lot us that get on this website and I am sure we could all rely on our old warship skills to sort you out.:D

And besides being gay in the Navy was never compulsory

Phantar said:
I'm still there '63 - just not a submariner anymore.

I got out in Aug 2000. Done my 20 Paid Torrens off and left shortly thereafter. Only prob now is I'm stuck in Perth.

Seaeagle63 said:
Phantar said:
I'm still there '63 - just not a submariner anymore.

I got out in Aug 2000. Done my 20 Paid Torrens off and left shortly thereafter. Only prob now is I'm stuck in Perth.

Damn pussers :p

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4