Booing Adam Goodes

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
On a deeper note...what do you guys think is the real cause of racism? Ignorance and fear would be high on the list, probably at spots 1 and 2, but what causes the intense hatred that some people feel for people of different races? Do they judge everyone of a particular race by the deeds of a few?

I'd like to share a story with you. Its a true story of massacre, by both Aboriginal and whites. Tragedy, resilience, forgiveness and ultimately self destruction as an amazing man threw himself into death.....broken.

This is the story of a man I'm proud to call a relative of mine, Thomas Wentworth Wills. Tommy, (1835 - 1880). "The Grace of Australia" as he was called.

I'll provide links to tell the story as room on here is an issue. In a nutshell, Tommy was a very good cricketer, rugby player and a founding father of Australian Rules Football.

The massacre(s)
http://www.mcnamarafamily.id.au/album/nogoa_massacre.html

A brief biography....
http://adb.anu.edu.au/biography/wills-thomas-wentworth-4863

If there was ever a man that could have felt justified to live in permanent hatred for a race of people, surely it was Tommy. He didn't though. In 1861 he found his Father and 18 other men, women and small children slaughtered by Aborigines. In 1868, after returning to Melbourne, he coached and trained the Lake Wallace Aboriginal side that toured England.

A man deeply tortured by memories of his past, but not hatred for the future direction of our Country.

cantankerous letter writter and a drinker? No cant be related to our Mozgrame!! :)

cantankerous letter writter and a drinker? No cant be related to our Mozgrame!! :)

Cantankerous? Me??? I don't believe I'm anymore quarrelsome than some of the other posters on this site. In fact....I'd like to tell you a story about a bloke that always liked to defend his point of view, to the extent........

No. I'm bullsh1tting. You got me @:p

He will get boo'ed at the next away game, no doubt. People aren't prepared to be silent or cop being called a racist for making some noise. The commentators and opinionators (is that a real word?!?!?) have read this one wrong.

From all reports not much in the way of booing apart from isolated pockets here and there.

But not en masse booing. Of course there will always be morons in any crowd. I feel he'll get through the rest of the year without the sustained, widespread booing that has been present at his appearances this season. He'll retire at the end of this season so it won't be an issue next year, but not sure what has been learnt from the whole episode

Last edited:
Powerful speech by Stan Grant, but I'm sure it won't dampen the zeal of all the apologists for racism in this fine land.

I'd like to think things are improving. My background is Anglo-Irish but the family has expanded to include Maori, Murri and Japanese family members. Hard to believe people are still playing the race card. I'd imagine in 100 years time racism will be an historic anomaly but I hope it happens sooner.........youngest daughter has got a new boyfriend, he's helpful, polite and respectful but he's a bloody Souths supporter, I try to love everybody but............

Last edited:
Powerful speech by Stan Grant, but I'm sure it won't dampen the zeal of all the apologists for racism in this fine land.

I'm on the fence in this thread and in general i hate being on the fence but i feel both sides have valid points, there also has been an over amplification that the Goodes booing was mainly racism based when for the "most" part it wasn't.

Either way sick of symbolism and speeches they are both over-rated in my eyes.

Personally i don't feel this speech is anything special, more reminding the audience of our sad/appalling history with some personal experiences thrown in. (like many other speeches for the past 50 or so years)

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6