Bollocks

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

bazeagle

Bencher
Bollocks to:
•The ground announcer = its dump time.
•Slump? Running second? Does anyone seriously think that any team can play at GF or origin intensity every game? Its impossible. Some games will be won ugly some pretty. As Des says - it's the 2pts that count.
•Brookvale Oval - its a disgrace.
•Greg Inglis - as Cf2 said ego 17 miles wide & a lazy log.
•The standard of the refereeing and the ego's on display there. They're like little children or parking rangers - wankers with a bit of power.

I'm with you on 4 out of 5.

However, I'm getting sick of all this hate for our ground.

I've been to most of the grounds in the comp currently, except Townsville and Auckland, and can't think of any I would prefer as a whole over Brookvale.

Sure some grounds have better catering, toilets etc., but they are sterilised and souless grounds totally lacking in atmosphere.

And of the grounds that have atmosphere, and a hill in a good location, Brookvale compares well with these grounds.

A few more catering locations, and new toilet block or two would solve any problems we have.

Yeah. Brookie gives you a close-up view very hard to match. I love it. But wouldn't mind seeing all the stands modernised with another tier or two. But leave The Hill, doubling the seating.

I think the Hill in its current configuration has passed its 'use by' date TW. They need a higher hill, like Belmore's in the interim, and the long planned for hill stand eventually built behind a truncated hill that allows diehards to stand/sit on the grass.

I was on the Hill yesterday (near my favourite N-E corner spot) and that was the biggest crowd I've experienced in that location in quite a few years. I do like the 'No Smoking' rule - which is properly policed as well.

My two cents worth.

Phantar said:
I think the Hill in its current configuration has passed its 'use by' date TW. They need a higher hill, like Belmore's in the interim, and the long planned for hill stand eventually built behind a truncated hill that allows diehards to stand/sit on the grass.

I was on the Hill yesterday (near my favourite N-E corner spot) and that was the biggest crowd I've experienced in that location in quite a few years. I do like the 'No Smoking' rule - which is properly policed as well.

My two cents worth.

A higher hill? Geeze, I almost break my neck now sliding down to the toilets at half time!

The Hill at Belmore is fantastic TW - you're up there in the clouds with a dunny block conveniently tucked in on the reverse side. We need something like that at Brooky.
The atmosphere towards the end was fantatstic and I staid back to take it in after fulltime. But that clown announcer has to go. Maybe wit a new CEO onboard, overtures can be made to bring back Grant Goldmember?

Phantar said:
The Hill at Belmore is fantastic TW - you're up there in the clouds with a dunny block conveniently tucked in on the reverse side. We need something like that at Brooky.
The atmosphere towards the end was fantatstic and I staid back to take it in after fulltime. But that clown announcer has to go. Maybe wit a new CEO onboard, overtures can be made to bring back Grant Goldmember?

I never went to Belmore - you are braver than me.
On The Hill you can't distinguish the PA, it's just 'white noise'.
Bring back Grant, for sure. You could always understand him.
One other small gripe: Why do the cheer girls just dance for the stands. Why not come over to The Hill side and do a routine. I reckon they'd be more appreciated....

What Brookie needs more than anything else is corporate boxes that are in a sideline position rather than at the end of the ground. It would result in hundreds of thousand in additional revenue.

Canteen Worker said:
I love the Brookie Hill but anyway who thinks that Brookvale is a 21st Century sporting venue is living on another planet.

So a 21st Century sporting venue is like everything else in the 21st Century? Screw the people, chase the dollars.

Adrian McGregor should have attended the game on Sunday and would have a far better understanding of what is needed at Brookvale. He has designed a ground that would be great for the under 5s kiddies football games where 20 families could attend for the afternoon and have a picnic. Not sure how this sort of idea would fund itself, do the council have any idea at all.

There was nothing better than Brookie last Sunday 19856 people almost all of them MANLY supporters cheering on our boys under crisp blue skies. It doesnt get better than that

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4