Bold & Fearless 2011 Predictions

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Re: Bold & Fearless 2011 Predictions

Brett Stewart score his 100th try at Brookvale Oval in Rd3 2011.
Ricky Stuart to come very close to getting NSW origin back.
George Rose to play Origin.
Snake top tryscorer of Manly (not the whole NRL unfortunately).
Manly/Wests grand final.
Inglis to get injured early in the season and make no impact on Souffs.
DCE, Snake, Killer and Gifty to get Dally M's.

swoop link said:
Watmough will play the ball incorrectly every match and give away at least one penalty per game.

Thanks captain obvious

brookie link said:
[quote author=BAZ link=topic=186048.msg308101#msg308101 date=1291147610]
Des to go to the Panthers
they need a good hooker....
[/quote]

one with teeth. That's a good hooker out Penrith way    :D

The refs and video refs to go the whole season error free.
The Sharks to win the Premiership.
Thurston to be well behaved all season.
And Ricky Stuart to comment on how great the refs performed after the SOO games.

OH sorry I though this was the comedy club. :D :D :D

Ant80 link said:
[quote author=brookie link=topic=186048.msg308116#msg308116 date=1291154613]
[quote author=BAZ link=topic=186048.msg308101#msg308101 date=1291147610]
Des to go to the Panthers
they need a good hooker....
[/quote]

one with teeth. That's a good hooker out Penrith way    :D
[/quote]

Geese what happened to talking about the footy :)

Predictions for Manly. I am going to be honest in my thoughts I will give positives but there will also be negatives, not to attack manly but to open discussion.

While the return of Stewart and Williams will add some much needed speed in attack there is no guarantees either will play well. They will both get starting spots when healthy, Williams will do what he always did, hopefully his speed is still there and he has spent his year off cleaning up some of the silly little errors in his game. Stewart is a bigger issue. He hasn't played in 2 years and I expect some serious ring rust. This is not to say he won't return but it should be noted it won't be the Snake of old in the first quater of his season. I am expecting him to have a similar year to Matt Bowen's 2010, ginger starts with gradual improvements. Hopefully he is the cinderella story of 2011 but only time will tell.

Fitness is a big issue for me with the Sea Eagles. I felt many players were carrying extra weight this year. Without specifically picking on him Glenn Stewart was carrying a lot of unnecessary weight early in the season, his speed and work rate seemed down as well. A lot of guys had a bit of blubber around the belly that could be eliminated. This seems odd for a team coached by Hasler as he is known for high intensity training and a team that is very proactive in rehabbing. Maybe the club needs to look at a better nutrition and conditioning coach to make sure the team is lean and firing. I think some of the problems of 2nd half fall offs in season 2010 came from weight and as a side matter that the players at times looked leg tired in the game.

The forward pack. I think we have one of the best 2nd rows in the game today and that’s saying a lot when you look at teams like the Broncos, Panthers, Tigers etc. I don’t think they had the best 2010, but they may be the spark that lights them to fire in 2011, sometimes you need to be knocked down to get back up. I am worried about the front row however. The forwards need to set a platform for the backs and our props are far from the best. I assume King and Kite will start and neither has set the world on fire the last 2 years. I don’t remember either having a dominant game in the last 2 years and how King made origin makes my head spin (but that is another rant). Rose wasn’t fit this year and Cross was far from impressive with an error riddled game. There needs to be a lot of work put into these guys.

The backs. There are 3 wingers fighting for 2 spots (4 if you want to give Hopoate game time). I think David Williams is a shoe in, the argument is then do you go with a solid winger in Robertson who won’t make mistakes but also won’t be a game changer or set the world on fire or do you go with unpredictable Tony Williams who on a good day can tear through anyone on the field but too often falls asleep on the field and fails to wind up his runs consistently. I don’t have the answer. Lyon and Matai (upon return) are obvious centres although I pray Matai can clean the penalties out of his game or he will be in the stands more than the field this year. I’d actually like to see Tony Williams paired with Matai on the left for a game. What defense could stop a left edge of T-Rex, Matai and Choc?

The Halves. No one knows. I watched the NSW Residents vs QLD residents game before Origin 3 and must say I was impressed with Cherry-Evans but whether he can handle first grade who knows.  Pairing two young halves is dangerous but we did it last year well lets hope for a repeat. Foran is coming into his own as a 5/8 particularly his work within the opposition 20. His kicking game is much better and he is becoming a director on the field, late in the 2010 season he was barking the orders to organise the team, the halfbacks job but well done from a 5/8. There is a future Captain in him. I’m expecting a high number of try assists from him this year.

Here is my top 8 in no particular order: Manly, Dragons (bottom 4), Titans, Tigers, Warriors, Storm, Rabbitohs, Roosters.
I would like to say Raiders but without Campese for so long i don’t see the structure they need and being the fairytale 1 year doesn’t seem to translate a year on. Dogs and Cowboys will improve into tough teams but will fall short. Dragons will make the 8 on the back of their boring grind, but after loosing some key forwards they will lack any real spark, I don’t expect a grand final repeat. I pick Titans and Tigers as the top two teams this year.

Controversial, but honest

Manly struggle with injury toll and lack of depth.
Grounding of the ball in tries rule blows out to Player just has to look at the ball and a try is awarded.
Timana Tahu plays the race card and attempts to have his own koori government and a koori only competition then attempts to get a special rule change so he can play for NZ,Tonga and the Koori teams at the world cup.Anthony Mundine anoints himself as "chief" and  gets carried everywhere on a giant throne.
Nathan Hindmarsh makes 80 hit ups and 150 tackles in a half of football.He is then introduced to the"one piece jersey/shorts combo after complaints of vulgar nudity from Fred Nile.
The St George team touches the ball with the foot in the play the ball three successive times.Once.
Anasta kicks field goal in extra time for NSW to wrap up the series 3-0
Des filmed laughing hysterically and gets a buzz cut.
Ricky Stuart employs Tommy to be"player mentor "for the blues,FULL TIME.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
  • lsz
    First Grader

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9