Body height

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Matabele

Journey Man
We keep getting served up the fact that King's spindly legs and over-developed torso are the reason for his pathetic performances.

I'm told that even the Princess himself is spruiking that line as the reason for his poor form (first hand witness account passed on to me). The fact that he's making excuses for himself, rather than trying to rectify the situation is troubling.

Here's one thought that he could implement immediately.

In Union, one of the critical factors of the game is body height at the "breakdown". Seems to me that King could learn from this. When he goes into the tackle he is generally very upright and, if legs are his problem, he is easily unbalanced and then dominated.

I wonder if he couldn't adopt a Union forwards' approach by dropping the body height just before the tackle and using his "over-developed" upper body as something of a battering ram. At the very least I'd imagine he'd bend the line more than he does.

It ain't rocket science, but it could work. It will however take someone committed to the cause to do it.

That might be the problem.

Matebele offering constructive critiscm, I am astounded but duly impressed. Much better to read something that offers balance. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

As a junior coach of Rugby we spend a lot of time assisting body position at contact. King runs high and then drops like a shot seagull and so what you are saying is very pertinent. His mobility in defence is also a worry as he does not shift laterally. Must improve on these aspects of his game to be a force!!

I will add that he'll have to keep his legs motoring to keep the leg drive going.

Fluffy, this doesn't need much coaching - it could be put to work immediately. As CW says - an U13A player in Union knows this.

CW - ive been driving the lack of coaching bandwagon.

Mata - sure some players would pick this up - but if they dont its the coaches job to fix the problem.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4