Bob Reilly Banned

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I've asked before and will ask again....

WHY HAVEN'T THE PENNS AND ZTH BEEN INVESTIGATED FOR THE BODGY SALE OF THE LEAGUES CLUB AND LAND WHERE THEY PROFITED MILLIONS OF DOLLARS?

That money should have been for the Club or Football Club. Why wasn't the land and Club offered for sale to the Chinese Developers instead of the Penns or at least offered for sale by way of tender (in a transparent way).

While I agree this story is a beatup, he had to go as you can't cash your cheques like the way he was doing for years.

I'd love to know how many thousands upon thousands of dollars zth has received over what he should have from us over the years. No doubt that will never see the light of day!
Exactly...
He is the leak in the club so of course only speaks about others.
Should we investigate the money taken by a prominent man in the club currently? Who people respect with high regard..

It just goes to show . We don't have the perfect club but we do have the greatest club of all !!!
Manly_Warringah_Sea_Eagles_70th_Anniversary_logo.jpg

Exactly...
He is the leak in the club so of course only speaks about others.
Should we investigate the money taken by a prominent man in the club currently? Who people respect with high regard..
Yes it should be investigated and if you have any information about it you have an obligation to inform the authorities rather than try to use it in some way to excuse what others have been found to have done by an independent authority.

I've asked before and will ask again....

WHY HAVEN'T THE PENNS AND ZTH BEEN INVESTIGATED FOR THE BODGY SALE OF THE LEAGUES CLUB AND LAND WHERE THEY PROFITED MILLIONS OF DOLLARS?

That money should have been for the Club or Football Club. Why wasn't the land and Club offered for sale to the Chinese Developers instead of the Penns or at least offered for sale by way of tender (in a transparent way).

While I agree this story is a beatup, he had to go as you can't cash your cheques like the way he was doing for years.

I'd love to know how many thousands upon thousands of dollars zth has received over what he should have from us over the years. No doubt that will never see the light of day!
The blame should be on the club directors and members who voted for the sale of the club to the Penns instead of holding on and exploring development opportunities for the site.

Unfortunately the club has made many bad decsions over many years and the sale of the leagues club was just one of them

Imagine what they could have now sold the Travellodge land for to a developer instead of being in a position of having to fire sale a long term lease to pay pokie tax and keep the doors open.

Ditto for the car park site

Exactly. And isn't he still in the club.
The same man that said he was happy to be out of the board because it was non existent pretty much.
Why? Because his family profited millions in the sale of the leagues club. This same family that won't put a cent in to fixing up the ground yet expect the council to...
This same family that spill all horrible stories to the same idiot that keeps reporting bad on the club!
This same man should be investigated also.... I'd love to read about those findings.....
Then we had the fluff piece a few weeks back, with Joe K talking to the Sea Eagles' unofficial mouthpiece, Dean Ritchie, about the plans to build a more modest stand on the hill side for completion by 2018; inferring the organisation was supposedly working with Council to achieve that, using the extant federal grant to that end.

Noting the stand-off between the owners and Warringah Council, I doubt they have been talking at all! Easy to confirm too, just email the Council engineer to clarify one way or the other. I did that some years ago, when the then CEO was sprouting about an upper deck in the Jane Try Stand (they even had an artist's impression on the official site), urging supporters to buy season tickets for the new premium seating. A check with Council confirmed there were no such plans in place (2008/09).

A cynic (like me) might think that this is an obvious ploy by the Penn Faemmle to salve the concerns of members/fans, that they have no intention of changing venues over the next couple of seasons.

Last edited:
So......Zorb has at least two accounts on here.

Any more?

?????????

I spoke to Bob today and this is what he said.
He is appealing the decision that has been made. He has 28 days to do it.
He said the department relied on heavily on information from Peters and Costello the former chairman and former flat mate of Zorba. They worked together to set this up as the department came and went and found nothing but zorba and costello appealed for them to come back again. That's why it took so long.
He said yes he had cheques going through the club but they followed the procedure that was in place for years. None bounced and all were met. The department found the procedure was wrong and criticised him even though it was there for years.
All of the expenses were approved through the procedures of the club that went back to Arkos days and had never been changed. The Department found them to be wrong and criticized him for it.
They only looked at his time as chairman and not others before whose expenses were approved and 3 time of his but they only went for him. He said they said he should of done a course on the acts but he said for 5 k a year and being on 3 boards and running his own business and small family what more time could he had given the members.
He will appeal and good on him. Looks like more to come.
I hope he doesn't mined but I had to say all of this .

I had a former neighbour, who was once a Sea Eagles lower grader, who worked as a butcher at the Leagues Club. He told me a story about how Arko would head down to the butchery to pick out the choicest cuts of meat for his own domestic consumption. And not just the equivalent of a few chops or steaks either!

It's such a pity that Zorbott and Costello weren't there to report (to the appropriate people) on Arko's inappropriate use of club resources. I'm sure they would have reported it, if they had been aware it was going on.

Last edited:
I had a former neighbour, who was once a Sea Eagles lower grader, who worked as a butcher at the Leagues Club. He told me a story about how Arko would head down to the butchery to pick out the choicest cuts of meat for his own domestic consumption. And not just the equivalent of a few chops or steaks either!

It's such a pity that Zorbott and Costello weren't there to report (to the appropriate people) on Arko's inappropriate use of club resources. I'm sure they would have reported it, if they had been aware it was going on.
That is a pity isn't it. I guess that means that what has happened here is no big deal and we should all just avert our eyes.

I just knew Zorba was behind this evil plot fabricating evidence and implementing rules at the leagues club that were not in line with the registered clubs act.

I spoke to Bob today and this is what he said.
He is appealing the decision that has been made. He has 28 days to do it.
He said the department relied on heavily on information from Peters and Costello the former chairman and former flat mate of Zorba. They worked together to set this up as the department came and went and found nothing but zorba and costello appealed for them to come back again. That's why it took so long.
He said yes he had cheques going through the club but they followed the procedure that was in place for years. None bounced and all were met. The department found the procedure was wrong and criticised him even though it was there for years.
All of the expenses were approved through the procedures of the club that went back to Arkos days and had never been changed. The Department found them to be wrong and criticized him for it.
They only looked at his time as chairman and not others before whose expenses were approved and 3 time of his but they only went for him. He said they said he should of done a course on the acts but he said for 5 k a year and being on 3 boards and running his own business and small family what more time could he had given the members.
He will appeal and good on him. Looks like more to come.
I hope he doesn't mined but I had to say all of this .
Arko is not the perfect man all think he is...

Arko is not the perfect man all think he is...

I can understand that the person you support has been found guilty of something pretty upsetting, and that they are now going to appeal, however I do not think it helps their case to consistently say "what about that guy" or make baseless comments such as the above.

I thought Reilly quit the Leagues Club board when these allegations first surfaced, fell on his sword so to speak. I got the feeling at the time that was a fair enough resolution given that no one was actually out of pocket from what I gather. What was going on was stupid by any reasonable persons perspective, but I don't think it was criminal in the sense of defrauding or embezzling money. Got to wonder what the higher end game is for those who want to keep grinding this axe, it's already cost the Leagues Club $20K. The cynic in me thinks this is more political than anything to do with protecting the interests of the broader licensed Club community.

Who knows maybe the MWRLFC Footy Club will be applying for a liquor license shortly.

This-there are many dodgy ways of handling cash and money in business to optimise your business situation. It may be illegal to the letter of the law.
However the gist of this story is that somebody gave Reilly up from the inside! Touché Zorba

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4