Board meeting

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Berkeley_Eagle said:
the players made it quite clear on the news that want Des to be in charge in 2012, anything else will cause unrest

I didn't really get that. I did get that they all thought Toovs would do an excellent job.

should we let him go now & risk losing other staff that may want to follow him to belmore?
could 1 more year with us be what's needed for those in charge to influence some of them to stay?
then again do we want them to stay?
i'm not sure myself

woops slight fu.. up there 2012 des , 2013 ,14 , 15 toovs seems like a good hand over should take place I HOPE ....

mudgeagle said:
toovs appointed coach for 3 years after 2112 , des to see out 12 , good result to a bad weekend ...

I am happy with that. Should keep the players happy too.

Lunacy to drop a better player, trainer, coach, etc just because he's signed for another team for the next season. I fully trust both Des and the players to give of their best. We've got 2012 to win, and the team and coaching staff to do it.

2013 is a far more distant bridge to cross. Dumping Des smells of knee-jerk reactivity. There is no guarantee that dumping Des in 2012 would help 2013 one iota. And it could backfire majorly.

Never give the opposition what they want.

Bulldogs would LOVE to have Des and his entourage on board for next year so i say no to releasing him. He would still do a great job next year at Manly and it puts a bit of pressure on the dogs in case dymock does have a good year.

It would also give us 1 year to look for another physio, video man, recruitment officer, conditioner etc. I would hope we could even get some of these guys in next year to work with the current staff. Whether they would let on with any of their secrets is another thing!

I think it would also give the players a bit more time to accept what has happened and smooth the waters a little. It will be an easier transition for the guys if he were there for at least the first half of the year and get used to the idea he's leaving. It's hard accepting change when it's thrust upon you so suddenly.

Plus there is always the chance we could win next year as everyone would be more determined to finish with another premiership...especially when it's back to back.:D

manlywarringah said:
Never give the opposition what they want.

Bulldogs would LOVE to have Des and his entourage on board for next year so i say no to releasing him. He would still do a great job next year at Manly and it puts a bit of pressure on the dogs in case dymock does have a good year.

It would also give us 1 year to look for another physio, video man, recruitment officer, conditioner etc. I would hope we could even get some of these guys in next year to work with the current staff. Whether they would let on with any of their secrets is another thing!

I think it would also give the players a bit more time to accept what has happened and smooth the waters a little. It will be an easier transition for the guys if he were there for at least the first half of the year and get used to the idea he's leaving. It's hard accepting change when it's thrust upon you so suddenly.

Plus there is always the chance we could win next year as everyone would be more determined to finish with another premiership...especially when it's back to back.:D

Very well said MW!

Canteen Worker said:
All the evidence is that either Scott Penn or Bob Reilly needs to go. Penn has not publicly backstabbed Reilly at this point but over three years now it seems that this relationship is what is stuffing up the club.

NOt sure how it will work out but this seems to be the problem.

So what caused the relationship to sour. Can bridges be rebuilt or its to far gone now.

Canteen Worker said:
All the evidence is that either Scott Penn or Bob Reilly needs to go. Penn has not publicly backstabbed Reilly at this point but over three years now it seems that this relationship is what is stuffing up the club.

If Penn goes will Reilly stump up the cash for losses?

Garts said:
Canteen Worker said:

Given the FC and LC appear to both be struggling with liquidity I wouldn't thinks so.

Matabele said:
Garts said:
Canteen Worker said:

Given the FC and LC appear to both be struggling with liquidity I wouldn't thinks so.

Exactly. So there is the answer.

Darren said:
Seems people with no dough have a big say in the club!!

Well, until the fans start fronting up with the cash there's nothing that can be done in regards to this. If we had a Billionaire that believed in the colours like we all do then we might be alright, but that's not the case.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2