Board meeting results, Mayer moving on

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
tookey link said:
[quote author=The Wheel link=topic=179141.msg206848#msg206848 date=1234490051]
Well depends who the party is I presume.  I doubt the Deans/Bulmers/Oreillys of this world have any say over the site.

Can anyone tell me why Phil deans is still at the club? 

He has presided over the demise fo the leagues club to the stage where is has to be the last place on the peninsula that you would go for a drink and a feed. 
[/quote]
Hang on a sec mate
we need to be asking questions of MWDRLFC board and espeically the two members on the MWSE Ltd board (Reilly and Sibraa but we also need to make sure we are being factual.
Your post isnt mate

Phillip Dean has nothing to do with the leagues club, he is on the football club board and is the company sec

Yes, and how does someone like Dean get to be on the Board to have equal say to someone like Penn who has contributed so much more to the club??????

Was it Grant Mayer who pushed Dean out the door and out of paid employment at the club???

No I think that Waratah bloke showed Deans the door.  Mayer had the temerity to speak the truth on the capabilities of other hanger-onners (some would say users) at the club I believe. 

Matabele link said:
Yes, and how does someone like Dean get to be on the Board to have equal say to someone like Penn who has contributed so much more to the club??????
mata we are on the same side hear, but we need to keep to the facts.

Deans is not on the MWSE board
thats comprised of
2 x penns
2 x delmeges
2 x MWDRLFC (Sibraa and reilly)
1 x leagues club

Phillip Dean is on the board of
MWDRLFC

Cliffy Gc link said:
[quote author=Matabele link=topic=179141.msg206855#msg206855 date=1234492619]
mata we are on the same side hear, but we need to keep to the facts.

Deans is not on the MWSE board
thats comprised of
2 x penns
2 x delmeges
2 x MWDRLFC (Sibraa and reilly)
1 x leagues club

Phillip Dean is on the board of
MWDRLFC
[/quote]

I thought that deans was the leagues club rep on MWSE?  Who is then?

This whole situation is an absolute disgrace and if the rumours I have heard are true, it is even worse. It sounds like girls.

I am here to say that Mayer is the best thing going for Manly and the club would be absolutely mad to let him go. I am a football club member and have not gone to agms due to wanting just to support my team, but there are a few questions I would like to have answered.

For instance, I thought certain donations were being repaid  - therefore loans and I also think there is talk of floating the club on the market this year. Forget that one now - with this sort of instability from within, let alone what is happening on the global market.

If this is old boys fighting for their spot on the board (with their privileges) rather than what is best for the future of the club, it is even more tragic. If it is a spat between wealthy benefactors, a few need to take a walk, no matter how much time and money they have given. This is our club and we don't want to go down the dark road again!!!!! Disgraceful!!!!

The Wheel link said:
Clify who is the Leagues Club rep?
Peter Spray
the ceo of the leagues club

there for considering Max is a board member of the leagues club you would expect him to vote max's way

so the vote should have been

4 - 3 in favour of keeping grant  had Sibraa and Reilly done the right thing and represented the leagues club members and not their own agendas

if you can get 2sm or talkin sport keep an ear out. Their calling me back so i can get on and have my say to Hughes and co.

Sea Eagles will make a statement later today

13/02/2009 - By Grant Mayer - CEO, Manly Sea Eagles

As you no doubt aware there has been news in the media surrounding the board and management of the Sea Eagles.

The Sea Eagles will be making an official comment today.

In the interim we are asking our members, sponsors and fans to be patient and continue support for our team as we prepare head over to England for the World Club Challenge.

Grant Mayer
CEO
Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles

this from blindside in the Manly daily

BLINDSIDE

* sport
          o General

13 Feb 09 @ 03:45pm

WARRING Sea Eagles families the Delmeges and Penns took a small step towards resolution on Friday morning with Max Delmege and Rick Penn meeting for coffee at North Sydney.

“We had an amicable chat and I don’t have a problem at all,” Delmege told Blindside after a stressful start to the day.

“It’s purely a difference of opinion.”

It remains to be seen if the Sea Eagles can maintain stability with both the Delmege and Penn families at the helm.

What’s also clear is that the financial crisis has hit Delmege Commercial.

“It’s biting hard,” Delmege said.

“But we are managing and will come out of this.”

Perhaps, or perhaps the time has come for Delmege to consider his options.

After all, it’s only a matter of time before the tension at the top translates to pressure on the field.

We hate to say it
UNLIKE most joints, we don’t really like to boast here, but already a Blindside 2009 prediction has come off with Grant Mayer set to leave the Sea Eagles.

We told you on January 3 Mayer would not see out the year.

Now all we need to complete the treble is for Layne Beachley to compete in more than two events this year and Matt Orford to accept the pounds in England.

just something interesting if it comes to the point we have a solo owner

Can i ask who would perfer considering the GFC

A man whose in Commerical Real Estate or a man whose in the weight lose game

When you think about the Obesity problem in australia i know which business is more immune to the GFC.

Cliffy Gc link said:

When you think about the Obesity problem in australia i know which business is more immune to the GFC.
Cliffy Gc link said:

Especially consdering McDonalds has just announced a record profit and you guys are selling pizzas faster than you can make them then my money is on Penn being around for a long time.

Commercial property will take a massive hit soon as more business' fail and vacate their rented premises. 

Cliffy Gc link said:
[quote author=The Wheel link=topic=179141.msg206867#msg206867 date=1234495325]
Clify who is the Leagues Club rep?
Peter Spray
the ceo of the leagues club

there for considering Max is a board member of the leagues club you would expect him to vote max's way

so the vote should have been

4 - 3 in favour of keeping grant  had Sibraa and Reilly done the right thing and represented the leagues club members and not their own agendas

if you can get 2sm or talkin sport keep an ear out. Their calling me back so i can get on and have my say to Hughes and co.
[/quote]

Of course.  I got Spray mixed up with Dean.

This whole thing is really bad i myself like all you guys can only hope that it doesn't get out of hand.

It seems for what I've heard on the 2GB interview and thank you (BE) is that the Penns seem hell bend on saving ? this great club of ours.

I don't think any of us are ungreatful or dought what great work Max Delmege has done by bringing the Sea Eagles back from the brink as he has done a great done job.

But why and if Delmege did vote against Mayer ? is beyond me for the love of our club i can't understand that at all it just doesn't make sense.

And if Mayer leaves the club which it is looking that way sadly then with him gone it will be a massive loss to the club in more ways than one.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8