Blues in Waiting

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Captain of the Gate

Reserve Grader
Ricky Stuart has named his first "Blues in waiting" here is the list, 2 Manly players being T-Rex and Hopa

http://www.nrl.com/news/news/newsarticle/tabid/10874/newsid/61094/stuart-names-blues-in-waiting/default.aspx

Gotta say Stuart is missing a key ingredient here. One of the reasons Queenslands emerging origing camp is so successful isn't cause Mal spends 3 days with young players, its the processes Bennett put it. When Bennett first reorganised Queensland SOO part of the plan was he came up with a basic draft game plan, play style and basic set plays that every player learnt to be used in every origin regardless of who is playing for or against them. Thats hoe new players slotting in fit so easily, they learnt the style already. I'm not sure NSW has this idea in mind so I'm not sold on its success. Also I'm still not convinced a guy who has a loosing club for half a decade is a good coach.

Stuart has come up with 50 names. I just can't get enthused at him in the role (that may change prior to SOO1 as usual). I see he named Bozo as his virtual solo assistant in selections.

Then this was in the paper:
"He said he would bring together a selection of players he saw as central to NSW success well before the Origin series begins next May. That group is likely to include Mitchell Pearce and Paul Gallen, the favourites for the Blues captaincy, Luke Lewis, Kurt Gidley and Jarryd Hayne. Todd Carney, Anthony Watmough and Greg Bird are other candidates."

As soon as I read Kidley's name I knew it was more of the same rubbish. I would love for us to finally be competitive again but man it is hard to love anything Sticky does.

Yeah the number of up and comers is kinda ridiculous, he has named everyone who has been mentioned in some way or form over the last 5 years with no thought to who is actually viable to play.

There is a dozen guys who have played less than 20 NRL games combined (Low, Farrell, Jackson, Cordoner, Woods etc), a few guys who are great players but at this point are probably too old and missed the boat (Tongue) and guys who are good club men but just aren't origin players no matter how you look at it (Soward). They also managed to miss some great players who haven't played origin like Chris Lawrence or Dean Young.

I must say I did laugh that Sutton didn't make his emerging list after there was all that rumour of him playing last year. That and he named Albert Kelly, he was a joke, he couldn't handle NRL level. Yes he was out of position at fullback instead of 5/8 but I think the kid is a myth. It looks like a pretty slapstick un-thought out list to me.

Ben Wallace link said:
I must say I did laugh that Sutton didn't make his emerging list after there was all that rumour of him playing last year. That and he named Albert Kelly, he was a joke, he couldn't handle NRL level. Yes he was out of position at fullback instead of 5/8 but I think the kid is a myth. It looks like a pretty slapstick un-thought out list to me.

To be fair that sums up Ricky's entire coaching method & career up to this point.

FFS. Give it time. What is it with NSW? We and our media bag the **** out of everyone. You don't see QLD doing it. That's the first thing that needs to change. Imagine, being a player heading into a soo series, and everyone is on your back. No wonder we're behind the 8 ball.

Fonz link said:
FFS. Give it time. What is it with NSW? We and our media bag the s**t out of everyone. You don't see QLD doing it. That's the first thing that needs to change. Imagine, being a player heading into a soo series, and everyone is on your back. No wonder we're behind the 8 ball.

I spoke to Freddy Fitler about the blues camp and he said he thought the biggest problem was selectors and coaches being open about their selections. He said guys come into camp but they know there are guys who don't want them there so they are anxious from the jump. You know you have the spot but you know guys who want to give that spot to someone else and it adds stress where as in QLD the selectors and coaching staff argue over players but as soon as that final team is picked they keep their mouths shut and back the guys who are there. Part of that is compounded in NSW by the media like the telecr*p who seem to think its their job in all sports just to call for everyone's head on a daily basis

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6