Blue tongue games

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Sheikheagle

First Grader
Tipping Member
Not sure if everyone was aware but there are 3 home games at blue tongue this year. Games against tigers, wabbits and panthers. The club are marketing it well with a Blue 3 game membership.

Sheikheagle said:
They must have struck a deal with souths as the email I got re blue membership included that game

Where did the email originate from - Manly, Souths or Bluetongue?

I haven't heard from Manly and its not on the MWSE site.

Update: Central Coast Blue Wings $120 for Adults
Central Coast Blue Wings Membership includes General Admission to 3 massive Bluetongue exclusives plus much more!

Seems a bit steep for GA Tickets with no roofing.
Last year we almost drowned under cover in that squall against the Rabbitohs :-/

Pretty sure it came from manly. Perhaps sent to members or former members with central coast post codes.

i got the same e-mail in newcastle.
mybludog is correct- souffs game is an away game but i find it strange that manly management would take the last game of the regular season (listed as a home game) to bluetongue.
to me that is a game where we as supporters can thank players for their season's contribution & farewell any players leaving/retiring.
it could also be a game that may decide where we end up on the ladder & home ground advantage for that should be retained

I think switching the last home game of the season to neutral Gosford is madness. Again the fans are the ones who miss out. The reality for us is that we need 16K crowd at Brooky to break even. If we are going to switch a game we are better off doing it for a big Sydney derby at the SFS and we could really cash in.

I think the reality is that down the track we will need to consider moving games away from Brooky if the ground cant be fixed up. You only have to look at the profits the Dogs, Eels and Rabbits make at Homebush.

I love Brooky and have been going there since 1975. Moving the Penrith game isnt ideal cause we would be lucky to get a 10K crowd there as Penrith fans hardly travel.

R4,R23 & R26 are the games you can attend if you buy the Blue membership.Email received Friday 15th,from Manly sea eagles.That last home game being at blahtongue wont impress Mark.And thats 3 games I wont be going to!!

The sad reality is that not enough Manly supporters go to home games at Brookvale. If we were packing the joint out every game, shifting 2 home games a year wouldn't be needed. Also playing home games on the Central Coast is good for spreading our brand, we need new fans outside the northern beaches.

How much does Singo pay us to play games up there?

Mals said:
The sad reality is that not enough Manly supporters go to home games at Brookvale. If we were packing the joint out every game, shifting 2 home games a year wouldn't be needed. Also playing home games on the Central Coast is good for spreading our brand, we need new fans outside the northern beaches.

How much does Singo pay us to play games up there?

That's because there's not enough space for decent crowds to attend Brookie Mal.

Now if the Govts had lived up to there promises (what a foolish notion) we would have a stadium that could handle near 30,000. But there's always a reason not to improve Brookie, the only large Sydney ground north of the Harbour. Trouble is Labor says its Liberal territory and why help them out. Liberal says they'll vote for us anyway, so why bother.

Bearfax I would like to agree with but I can't. Our average crowd at Brookvale in 2012 was 13,749. This is hardly packed to the rafters. Look at our membership numbers for this year... we have barely cracked 6K & the season starts in about 3 weeks time.

Shoe1 said:
Souths at brookie would have got a great crowd. Singo no longer has the bluetongue oval licence.

We are playing Souths at Brookie, round 7. The 2nd round match is a Souths home game.

People don't want to pay exorbitant membership prices for a run down stadium like Brookie. The need for a redeveloped Brookie has never been greater.

Why would the Council/Govt spend good money to properly redevelop Brookie, when we struggle to get 13000 people to show up on a regular basis? It's not worth their attention or finances.

Sad but true, we area inching our way to the SFS or beyond.

mave said:
Why would the Council/Govt spend good money to properly redevelop Brookie, when we struggle to get 13000 people to show up on a regular basis? It's not worth their attention or finances.

http://stats.rleague.com/rl/crowds/2012.html

The facilities mean didlysquat, if the above numbers are true.
We risked life and limb at the Council construction site known as Brookie and are within 1K attendance of the super stadiums:exclamation:

Brookie, nightmare scheduling and all, averaged 13749 last year.
Govt built/subsidised Venues:
Bruce Stadium - 10190
Parra Stadium - 12594
Penrith Stadium - 10858
AAMI Stadium - 12685
Skilled Park -14405

The Liberals have to get in and get the Corporate Sponsors comfy :angel:

HappilyManly said:
The Liberals have to get in and get the Corporate Sponsors comfy :angel:

I would say that the council needs to get creative somehow because neither State nor Federal govt. is going to tip money in. The plans they had to sell some land for commercial development needs to be implemented.

mave said:

Here we go again: Brookie bashing before the first real game of the season is played.
The SFS is a great ground - but Easts can't even draw 10,000 to their matches.
Brookie is the BEST ground to watch RL at. It may not be the most comfortable, but you are so close to the action you get a real feel for the collisions etc. It's like being in ringside seats at the boxing.... much better than being in the bleachers are some mega stadium.
I'm more than happy to pay whatever they ask to sit on the hill each time the mightly maroon-and-whites play.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6