1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blast from the past: Here's an ex player you will have to think about!

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Darren, Jun 27, 2014.

1. Garts

Garts Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +672 / 18
    I remember seeing his name come up at the cup. From memory he was a highly regarded junior, just never kicked on.

2. Lord Eagleton

Lord Eagleton Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +835 / 24
    Yes I remember my dream growing up as a boy was to be smashed 62-nil by the Kangaroos. So true

• Like Like x 1
  3. Duff

Duff Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +554 / 10
    Blast from the past. So many of these kids come through that look to be the goods and for whatever reason never get the chance or take the opportunity.

I don't even know if I remember seeing him play but you don't forget a name like that.

• Like Like x 1
  4. The Who

The Who Well-Known Member

Mona Vale
    Ratings:
    +4,839 / 103
    I notice that Jacob Gagan is making his debut on the wing for Cronulla tonight.
    He was in our Reserves before switching over to the Sharks. He's good and fast. He scored two or three tries for the Sharks in the first round against our Reserves.

There's one that got away - or saw greater opportunities at Cronulla.

5. Supernintendo Chalmers

Supernintendo Chalmers Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +401 / 6
    Gagan played rd13 against dragons.
    went alright for a kid on debut in the rabble.

6. Brissie Kid

Brissie Kid Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +828 / 10
    Mark Gerrard was one that got away early. Lost in the Beagles wasteland and found a home at the Waratahs. He should have had a career as Manly's fullback or winger.

7. Lord Eagleton

Lord Eagleton Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +835 / 24
    He played juniors because he was from Narrabeen but his heart was always in union, same as his cousin, Wycliff (Palu). The Waratahs were dumb back then and let him go to the Brumbies after a season or two. Brumbies were his real home