Blame the Dogs - Not Dessy

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Earnie the Eagle said:
thedogs88 said:
Matabele said:
Ceagle said:
I don't blame the Dogs at all, It isn't as if they held a gun to Des's head and forced him to sign, they didn't even offer more money then what we did.

But it feels as if Des betrayed us .He built loyalty into his players and staff, but now he betrays the idea of loyalty, He built this "us vs the world" mentality, everyone hated us, every fan, every journalist, and we would all stick up for him when he says something stupid. But now he just leaves because the tide is a bit rough in the boardroom, he abandons us after we supported him all this time.

I don't know, I appreciate what he has done for the club but to leave, and take half of the support staff with him and leaving the club in turmoil makes me feel as if he didn't really care about us at all.

Loyalty is a two way street. I wonder if those demanding KPIs can be said to be loyal?

Lol no offense this is a huge load of garbage, one des took less money to join the dogs. don't blame the dogs for buying the best coach on the market, blame your board for not re-signing him and blame your board for making true legends want out.

Listen Junior if we want your opinion we will give it to you.

Lose the attitude mate.

thedogs88 said:
Earnie the Eagle said:
thedogs88 said:
Matabele said:
Ceagle said:
I don't blame the Dogs at all, It isn't as if they held a gun to Des's head and forced him to sign, they didn't even offer more money then what we did.

But it feels as if Des betrayed us .He built loyalty into his players and staff, but now he betrays the idea of loyalty, He built this "us vs the world" mentality, everyone hated us, every fan, every journalist, and we would all stick up for him when he says something stupid. But now he just leaves because the tide is a bit rough in the boardroom, he abandons us after we supported him all this time.

I don't know, I appreciate what he has done for the club but to leave, and take half of the support staff with him and leaving the club in turmoil makes me feel as if he didn't really care about us at all.

Loyalty is a two way street. I wonder if those demanding KPIs can be said to be loyal?

Lol no offense this is a huge load of garbage, one des took less money to join the dogs. don't blame the dogs for buying the best coach on the market, blame your board for not re-signing him and blame your board for making true legends want out.

Lose the attitude mate.

Why Junior? What will you do if he doesn't?

bones said:
thedogs88 said:
Earnie the Eagle said:
thedogs88 said:
Matabele said:

Lose the attitude mate.

Why Junior? What will you do if he doesn't?

You can see my other reply to you in the other one, you seem to be the sorest most bitter person out of this whole thing. I suggest you take a big breathe, relaise life goes on and stop being such a twat.

thedogs88 said:
Earnie the Eagle said:
thedogs88 said:
Matabele said:
Ceagle said:

Lose the attitude mate.
Lose the attitude..rothflmao you dickhead !!
Your not welcome here princess, you just can seem to understand that, do you want us to write it slowly for you so you can understand.

Berkeley_Eagle said:
So what's the Kennel saying about us

Not much at all mate, few people can't believe how many tossers you have, you had one acctually join our forum telling us des will never join us and that he will return once des re-signed lol.

Most of us realise its a game and that its a business too. We've been on both the ends of this situation with losing people continually and rebuilding too. We've also had board problems example Mason and Noad and then SBW etc. So i understand how most of you feel.

The thing to remeber is its not the Dogs sitting there forcing this to happen, and that NONE of this would of happened if your board did their job without causing so much ****. It's the same when we lost SBW had we of given him that 50k he wanted more a year when Mason left i don't think we would of lost him. So in some ways i feel it was our boards fault as much as SBW's low act.

Although the thing you guys cant blame is Des for this, he hasn't done a runner mid contract, he hasn't done anything wrong by the club. He has done all he can for years and he's obviously got to a point he has had enough and wanted out. We just happened to be the club who needed a quality coach and had some money to make him happy. Hell we didn't even pay more then Manly offered. It says what i'm saying about the Board but anyone without their head in the sand knows this already.

Time to call peace mate, not worth it.

I dont blame the bulldogs or hasler, We have problems at the high end that needs to be fixed, its dissapointing that no one has taken any leadership in this, whats happened to our CEO?

I can see this getting worse before it gets better, if something isnt done soon it will be one of doomed culmination for the Eagles.

Earnie the Eagle said:

I dont blame the bulldogs or hasler, We have problems at the high end that needs to be fixed, its dissapointing that no one has taken any leadership in this, whats happened to our CEO?

I can see this getting worse before it gets better, if something isnt done soon it will be one of doomed culmination for the Eagles.

I never wanted anything but that, some of you just carry on and get so arrogant. However i'm glad you want to talk realistic and serious.

I agree something needs to be done with your board as they are destroying your club right from the core out.

Earnie the Eagle said:

We don't have a CEO, David Perry is a COO. There must be some significance in the difference.

thedogs88 said:
Earnie the Eagle said:

I never wanted anything but that, some of you just carry on and get so arrogant. However i'm glad you want to talk realistic and serious.

I agree something needs to be done with your board as they are destroying your club right from the core out.
I guess you had to expect Manly fans to be hostile given everyting that has happened since the GF, we were meant to be celebrating but with all the doom, gloom and uncertainty it has put a damper on it all. I can realise only now how the Magpies and to a lesser extent the Bears felt after we plucked them clean.
Manly fans here know its time move forward, lets hope it happens sooner that later.

Oddly enough.... I think the only party in this saga that shouldn't get any blame is the Bulldogs club. They simply took advantage of the situation the Manly admin & board had allowed to happen.

So.... blame the Manly admin & board, absolutely. Blame Des, in my opinion.... also yes.

Des played & coached for the club for a long time. He developed systems that were successful and strengthened the Manly club and culture. If he had any respect for his legacy and that of the club and it's traditions, he would have used his close relationship with the Penns to effect the necessary changes to the board and put an end to the infighting.

But he quit and has taken several staff with him, in the process destabilising the club. I'm sure this decision wouldn't have been made lightly, but Des is also intelligent enough to understand the ramifications.

Plenty of great coaches have left to other clubs (Gibson to Sharks, Sheens Nth Queensland) doesn't guarantee ****e.
It's goin to take alot more than a great coach to turn that low joint into premiers.
And god help Des if he doesn't get instant results cauz theyl turn on him in the blink of an eye.
They hated him as a player, despised him as our coach,and hes still turned his back on us to join those scums.
Hope all the money is worth it Des.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7