Blake Green Article...

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I think he has a Orford feel about him ,not sure why though !
I felt that too when I made the post maybe a storm thing.
Coming from a highly structured environment to a more ad lib approach (not like old days though) may see him shine.

I'll remain optimistic with the cement truck idling nearby

I felt that too when I made the post maybe a storm thing.
Coming from a highly structured environment to a more ad lib approach (not like old days though) may see him shine.

I'll remain optimistic with the cement truck idling nearby
Aaahh ,the Storm connection ,I think you are right..

So long as his defence holds up....think this is an ideal signing for us. Let's face it we can all throw out a wish list of which 5/8 we would want but with the $$$$ DCE is on we have our limits. Think this could be a good fit and probably ready to play the best footy of his career hopefully.

Good solid player who will add structure and "shape" to a side that often looked ragged in attack last year.

So long as his defence holds up....think this is an ideal signing for us. Let's face it we can all throw out a wish list of which 5/8 we would want but with the $$$$ DCE is on we have our limits. Think this could be a good fit and probably ready to play the best footy of his career hopefully.

Good solid player who will add structure and "shape" to a side that often looked ragged in attack last year.
Him not running sideways in attack ala Walker would be a good start.

considering he's one of the lowest paid 6's in the comp and he can get the job done, I think people should be more pleased with this signing. Ties us over for 2-3 years and will be solid. Won't set the world on fire but will be solid. In this era, you simply can't afford two marquee halves. We've made our choice in DCE so we either need an up and comer (who'd we prob lose once they came off contract - if they played well) or a journeyman like Blake. It allows us to then buy a marquee second rower/prop next year and a centre.

There is no next BK.
Its a new world out there - OK?
Manly competes
and Manly will win..
As it should be. Oh yeah. Hooray!

ff19cb68a995fe85c3b962fc32690aa59827a6158b202a70ae44383fa7be5cd8.jpg

I think Green is an excellent signing. The one thing we have lacked is a steadying half for DCE. I felt that the games this year with Killer at 5/8 DCE looked better with that calm influence beside him. The problem of course being we lost a quality centre because of it.

To be honest there's not many 5/8s around that I would pick over Green. Sure you have ones like Thurston, but I don't think he and DCE would combine well (they never do for Qld). DCE needs the Foran of a few years ago that did the little things well and took pressure off him.

The other thing I like is green is a big body. Always good in a half.

I like his comments in this article, no good turning up in a few weeks, he needs to be there now and help out rebuilding the club.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6