Blake Green 2017

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
This years side is a top 4 side we have just got to get some good luck a better attitude but I agree recruits failed horribly this year accept the younger players like Parcell and fonua-Blake who haven't disappointed and I also think Marty was playing well before he got suspended
Very optimistic this is a rebuild turbo history shows things don't happen over night nor does recruitment.
We got legends past there best and overated recruits yes injury hurt us but I seen nothing to say it not going to be tough few years

Last edited:
Green is an organiser. The way he steered the storm young guns around the park on his own at the 9's was impressive. Big and Solid defensively for a half. Age is my big concern. Id still prefer a younger version like Hastings myself.

Is
No thanks - he is extra ordinarily average to poor (not even as good as Jeff Robson). If he came to us, we would be (and get this) his 7th club in 9 years.

Does that not ring alarm bells? Any why aren't the Storm extending him?
Pretty sure Greens contract negotiations at storm was put on hold until they had finalised what Cronk was doing. If he's getting booted Cronk is staying. Munster and Slater have to be playing in the spine. One will move to the halves next year.

Its a no for Green for me..Looks good in the Storm structure will be useless with us PLUS he is 29 get someone who can be part of the long Term Partnership with DCE.

01. Tom T
02. Taufua
03. Walker
04. Matai
05. Mead
06. Green
07. DCE
08. Lussick
09. Parcell
10. Myles
11. Buhrer
12. Tapau
13. Jake T

14. Korisau
15. Brown
16. Lawrence
17. Vave

18. Knight
19. Meehan

Lyon and snake to hang up the boots, green to be given a 2 year contract, right in time for hynes to come in and shine!

01. Tom T
02. Taufua
03. Walker
04. Matai
05. Mead
06. Green
07. DCE
08. Lussick
09. Parcell
10. Myles
11. Buhrer
12. Tapau
13. Jake T

14. Korisau
15. Brown
16. Lawrence
17. Vave

18. Knight
19. Meehan

Lyon and snake to hang up the boots, green to be given a 2 year contract, right in time for hynes to come in and shine!
Mead I'm not so sure he has been good this year but that is fullback and I'm pretty sure he has high ball problems, and is it me or has he lost a lot of pace and Lussick needs to go if he can't play well this year. And where's fonua-Blake? He should be there as should knight he will leave if we don't play him and he is too good to leave in reggies but overall a pretty good side and I can't see brown and Koroisau on the bench

We are scraping the barrel - Green, Soward................!

If we are 'rebuilding', surely we could find a youngster in our ranks who can kick alright and could play 5/8 perhaps? Or go for another teams youngster.............?? I am just not sold on an old has been taking up precious cap space.

Would much prefer our recruitment team focus on getting us at least one decent winger, a decent centre and one or two decent forwards/prop....!!

Green is not the answer....behind an under rated pack-3rd best pack in the comp plus Smith dummy half & Cronk dragging 80% of the defence, he looks half decent....at Manly under current conditions would be copping plenty on here & be far from a saviour....tbh Api would be in my side well before him & we already have him.

What the hell are we doing ?

The last great side we had that won in 08 and 11 was not full of guys we bought from other clubs.

We FOUND guys like the Stewarts, Choc, Ballin, Beaver, Matai, DCE and Foreign.

So what now ? Can't we identify talent anymore ? Do we have to look at other club's fringe first graders hoping they'll really kick on at Manly ?

I'm happy to give some of the up and comers a crack. It's amazing how much a player will lift when he knows his club and its first grade coach believe in him.

It's worth a crack. F#*k knows what we've been doing so far hasn't produced s#^t.

What the hell are we doing ?

The last great side we had that won in 08 and 11 was not full of guys we bought from other clubs.

We FOUND guys like the Stewarts, Choc, Ballin, Beaver, Matai, DCE and Foreign.

So what now ? Can't we identify talent anymore ? Do we have to look at other club's fringe first graders hoping they'll really kick on at Manly ?

I'm happy to give some of the up and comers a crack. It's amazing how much a player will lift when he knows his club and its first grade coach believe in him.

It's worth a crack. F#*k knows what we've been doing so far hasn't produced s#^t.
Yep. Exactly the same as or goldenest of era's, the 70s. If we bought someone we bought SOMEONE.

Possible 2017 team if snake and Skivvi stay on

1.Stewart (Trbojevic)
2.Tafua
3.Walker
4.Matai (Parker)
5.Trbojevic (Wright)
6.Green
7.Cherry-Evans(c)
8.Meehan
9.Parcell
10.Myles
11.Buhrer
12.Taupau
13.Trbojevic(c)

14.Koroisau
15.Fonua-Blake
16.Knight
17.Vave

With young guns forwards full of enthusiasm we will be a good chance of finally returning to the top 8. Hope snake and Skivvi leave though they are just disrupting the team with constant injuries and snake is showing no heart needs to turn around if he wishes to keep the fullback spot. And if those 2 do leave we have that extra money to buy some good quick backs centre and wing and a good couple of forwards
Not much difference from the team this year, no coach,
No result

You know, on paper Manly does have a top 8 team in 2016, though I wouldn't go so far as to say top 4.

However, as we have seen, 'on paper' doesn't take everything into account. The reality is that we have a few veterans who are well past their best, a rookie coach who at times appears to be only a puppet for behind the scenes ego's and a bunch of talented kids who aren't being used to their full effect.

Lets be honest here people. Of our regular starters this year.....

* Snake and Killer have been more passengers than players.
* Skivy tried his best but his body is starting to cry enough.
* Every time DCE looks like he is starting to get back to his best he goes and gets inured.
* We have potentially one of the most damaging ball runners in Kapow but he's either not being used properly or is out suspended.
* Tom Trbojevic is proving to be the gun everyone knew he would be and leads this team in just about every attacking category, but his bad ankle is restricting him somewhat. When Tom gets into the clear he doesn't get caught. With his ankle he is because he can't sustain top pace right now.

If not for the young guns like the Turbo's and Matt Parcell we would be worse off than the Chooks and Knights. As it is we're playing like a bottom 4 side, even without the injuries.

I'm going to YART here (or should that be YATT?). Given the state of things as they are now (season ending injuries to Skivy and BJ and assuming that at some point we'll have the rest fit and available), here is what I think our best possible lineup is:

FB - Brett Stewart
WG - Jorge Taufua
CE - Jamie Lyon (c)
CE - Dylan Walker
WG - Tom Trbojevic
FE - Api Koroisau
HB - Daly Cherry-Evans
PR - Martin Taupau
HK - Matt Parcell
PR - Nate Myles
SR - Feleti Mateo
SR - Jame Buhrer
LK - Jake Trbojevic

res - Siosaia Vave, Addin Fonua-Blake, Lewis Brown, Darcy Lussick.

With Skivy gone for the year I would actually play Api at pivot and have Killer in the centres with Walker. I ummed and ah'd about fullback but ultimately went with Snake's experience for now with Tom on the wing. Api and Walker in the team also gives us at least 2 backup goal kickers.

In the forwards I would move Kapow to the front row, drop Lussick to the bench where he can impact in the same fashion as Vave and AFB, and bring Mateo into the back row as a ball player (not likely to happen but its what I would do). I'd keep Jake at lock because although he doesn't have Beaver like speed, he is a decent runner and he can pass the ball. I just wish he'd offload more in tackles rather than pass before the line. Drag defenders in and then pop a pass.

Long rant. I think my fingers are getting cramps.

You know, on paper Manly does have a top 8 team in 2016, though I wouldn't go so far as to say top 4.

However, as we have seen, 'on paper' doesn't take everything into account. The reality is that we have a few veterans who are well past their best, a rookie coach who at times appears to be only a puppet for behind the scenes ego's and a bunch of talented kids who aren't being used to their full effect.

Lets be honest here people. Of our regular starters this year.....

* Snake and Killer have been more passengers than players.
* Skivy tried his best but his body is starting to cry enough.
* Every time DCE looks like he is starting to get back to his best he goes and gets inured.
* We have potentially one of the most damaging ball runners in Kapow but he's either not being used properly or is out suspended.
* Tom Trbojevic is proving to be the gun everyone knew he would be and leads this team in just about every attacking category, but his bad ankle is restricting him somewhat. When Tom gets into the clear he doesn't get caught. With his ankle he is because he can't sustain top pace right now.

If not for the young guns like the Turbo's and Matt Parcell we would be worse off than the Chooks and Knights. As it is we're playing like a bottom 4 side, even without the injuries.

I'm going to YART here (or should that be YATT?). Given the state of things as they are now (season ending injuries to Skivy and BJ and assuming that at some point we'll have the rest fit and available), here is what I think our best possible lineup is:

FB - Brett Stewart
WG - Jorge Taufua
CE - Jamie Lyon (c)
CE - Dylan Walker
WG - Tom Trbojevic
FE - Api Koroisau
HB - Daly Cherry-Evans
PR - Martin Taupau
HK - Matt Parcell
PR - Nate Myles
SR - Feleti Mateo
SR - Jame Buhrer
LK - Jake Trbojevic

res - Siosaia Vave, Addin Fonua-Blake, Lewis Brown, Darcy Lussick.

With Skivy gone for the year I would actually play Api at pivot and have Killer in the centres with Walker. I ummed and ah'd about fullback but ultimately went with Snake's experience for now with Tom on the wing. Api and Walker in the team also gives us at least 2 backup goal kickers.

In the forwards I would move Kapow to the front row, drop Lussick to the bench where he can impact in the same fashion as Vave and AFB, and bring Mateo into the back row as a ball player (not likely to happen but its what I would do). I'd keep Jake at lock because although he doesn't have Beaver like speed, he is a decent runner and he can pass the ball. I just wish he'd offload more in tackles rather than pass before the line. Drag defenders in and then pop a pass.

Long rant. I think my fingers are getting cramps.

Sooner or later : I'd like to see M.Taupau at prop - playing tighter : with plenty of go forward and strong Defense. We can't win to many games with Lussick and Myles starting anyone with half a football brain can see that. Even give AFB a start , give the big young fellow a go at bending the line and replace him with big Vave .

This is a non event. Danny Weidler rumour. From the horses mouth.

But really, what do people expect. Because of Dalys contract we need a solid 2nd half on not much coin. At least he would be a better option than Jamie Lyon.

Green would be an excellent pick-up. Assuming Barrett remains secure, by next season he will have a full season under his belt and a good feel for where he needs to improve, as well as the team. The time will be right for an Ian Martin or Alan Thompson-style 5/8, to help out the 10 Million Dollar Man.

We had one of them recently, but he went off the rails under the stewardship of the Immortal (cough..) who can't tie a Windsor knot and the fat guy who can't find a belt big enough to hold up his daks.

+ 1 for Api to play 7 and DCE to 5/8. Api looks more like a scheming organiser and more and more DCE looks like a runner of the ball who will occasionally hit an outside runner. He can create points and is a very good defender when you factor in that he is a hooker by trade.

Green is not for us...it's not a decision with any foresight and even if he came and played his best football with us next year, he is only going to be adequate and we need more than adequate given the current situation.

• 🤝
Reactions: RWC

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4