Blake Ferguson

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
lsz said:
Will de-registering help him as a human? Or is it the best thing?

I highly doubt it.

I think its definitely a result of his unfortunate upbringing. He needs someone to straighten him out and I reckon Gus could do it. Pity the Panthers have done their buying for next year. Just my view....

Not sure what I think of Ferguson TBH. He just needs to grow up & quickly, he needs to realise that he can either earn big $$$$ playing footy or head back to wherever he is from and join the Centrelink queue!!

Ferguson makes me scratch my head, he is uber talented. I heard Matty Johns compare him to Greg Inglis, and to be honest I really think he could be NSW's answer to Greg Inglis, but his head just isn't on currently.

And I really don't know how good a mentor Anthony Mundine is going to be. He has some good points Mundine (ie doesn't drink/do drugs etc), but he has a real chip on his shoulder, which I don't think Ferguson needs around him.

I thought he was so full of arrogance as not to be intimidated by the Origin arena.
I know he had 1 lap, but it's a shame it all turned to ****e.

Darren said:
Sign him and Jorge together and watch out Northern beaches and coppers!!

Seriously Darren grow up. You might think your snide sarcasm is humorous. But you are wrong

I really think the NRL needs to introduce a compulsory sentence for this kind of misconduct.

This sort of behaviour is a bad look for the NRL. For the amount of money he gets paid you would think he would behave himself.

I hope the raiders dont sack him. They just suspend his pay until November (in November he can action a get out clause) just to teach him a lesson.

The media scrutinize these players to no end , you muppets that eat this media up & get on your all mighty high horses , dont help..

Normie said:
The Who said:
robbiea said:
What is it with Canberra ?,It must really suck to play there !!

It's full of politicians.
I worked there for 12-months, at Parliament House. I actually enjoyed it, but after one year I needed to return to the real world and I requested a return to Sydney.

I have lived in Canberra for the past 20 years and it's quite a pleasant place to live. And no, I'm not a public servant or a politician!!!!
Unfortunately the Raiders players have been a protected species here since day 1. A very miniscule amount of their antics have ever made it out to the general public and have been swept under the carpet! They probably still have that mentality............

Same for me and totally agree; there is an idiot mentality within the Raiders. I know they have been thrown out of a lot of venues in Canberra and surrounding towns.

Robbiea

I couldn't care less what players do off the field(within reason).

What I do care about is the reason they does these things. When that reason is solely to force Canberra to release him when he is legally contracted to them then I do have a problem with it. It basically makes the whole contractual structure of the NRL a joke. The only way to protect the legitimacy of our comp is to make it known to these dickheads like Dugan and Ferguson that there are consequences to your actions i.e deregistration.

If that makes me a muppet then happy to be one.

As for all this garbage about his upbringing -harden up. I grew up in a working class coal mining town and most of my mates had a tough upbringing and the vast majority are solid citizens and they don't get paid 700k per year. Another classic example of our society where no one is responsible for their own actions.

Agree with susan, no surprises though the route he is going down with Mundine as his mentor, look at the actions of Haumono and Williams to see how he works

How good is this !! lol

998469_644307072260304_1319050395_n.jpg

susan said:
Robbiea

What I do care about is the reason they does these things. When that reason is solely to force Canberra to release him when he is legally contracted to them then I do have a problem with it. It basically makes the whole contractual structure of the NRL a joke. The only way to protect the legitimacy of our comp is to make it known to these dickheads like Dugan and Ferguson that there are consequences to your actions i.e deregistration.

As for all this garbage about his upbringing -harden up. I grew up in a working class coal mining town and most of my mates had a tough upbringing and the vast majority are solid citizens and they don't get paid 700k per year. Another classic example of our society where no one is responsible for their own actions.

susan said:

I agree with the majority of your post - but I disagree with this point. A tough upbringing vs abusive is different. Yes you are right, there comes a time that you must take responsibility for your action, but anyone with a touch of compassion will understand why people who have a rubbish upbringing have trouble making the right decision

Brooke said:
susan said:
Robbiea

Were you or any of your mates removed from your parents/parent for abuse/neglect? It is one thing growing up in a tough area and having a loving family( I am not assuming that was the case with you because I don't know.) But in Blake Ferguson's case he was treated so poorly by the one person who was meant to be there to love and protect him (his mother) he was removed from her care by Community Services.

susan said:

I've been thinking about your post and, whilst I agree with most of what you say, I disagree with this point. Imo the problem is he's hardened up too much. His upbringing has a lot to do with his misbehaviour and consequently he has no respect, he needs to be taught some discipline and possibly even be shown a bit of love.

I don't think he blames anyone for his own actions - he just doesn't care! In other words, he really needs straightening out.

ALinda said:
susan said:

I've been thinking about your post and, whilst I agree with most of what you say, I disagree with this point. Imo the problem is he's hardened up too much. His upbringing has a lot to do with his misbehaviour and consequently he has no respect, he needs to be taught some discipline and possibly even be shown a bit of love.

I don't think he blames anyone for his own actions - he just doesn't care! In other words, he really needs straightening out.

I agree with ALinda. Without the love of positive role models in his life he has been dealt a bad hand. A lot of kids with a similar upbringing to him would already be in gaol/ have a criminal record by now. Those that have tried to help him ie Dave Furner may not have realised how deep the wounds from a childhood such as his cut. He needs compassion, love and support from those around him and professional help . We must not assume he has ever had professional counselling to help him rise above his troubled childhood.

Firstly,I and a lot of my mates had alcoholic parent /s and little guidance.I was one of 5 kids left living in basically a dumpster when my old man took off when I was 10 and the youngest unborn.All 5 have since attended university and all hold extremely fulfilling jobs.

All very good points you guys make however the major difference here is that vast majority of people with abusive backgrounds remain in situations of economic and social hardship and stay there and face basically an eternal struggle. Some win,some lose. They DO NOT get 700k per year, get surrounded by material wealth and umpteen bag carriers and given the chance to be given counselling and medical help.

A tough upbringing is not an excuse when people have the circumstances provided to them to make decent choices.Have we become that much of a nanny state. This bloke is 24, not 16.

And ALinda when I said harden up, I was not referring to him, I was referring to the people commenting on him and more importantly those around him that continue to allow this behaviour. Easily the biggest mistake made with talented athletes is the psychophantic and forgive all approach from friends and family solely because they are gifted. They will never stop behaving badly when everyone around you never pulls you into line and never ever says NO. Respect needs to be earned and that cannot occur when there is zero accountability from the athlete.

susan said:
A tough upbringing is not an excuse when people have the circumstances provided to them to make decent choices.Have we become that much of a nanny state. This bloke is 24, not 16.

And ALinda when I said harden up, I was not referring to him, I was referring to the people commenting on him and more importantly those around him that continue to allow this behaviour. Easily the biggest mistake made with talented athletes is the psychophantic and forgive all approach from friends and family solely because they are gifted. They will never stop behaving badly when everyone around you never pulls you into line and never ever says NO. Respect needs to be earned and that cannot occur when there is zero accountability from the athlete.

His upbringing mightn't be an excuse but I still think its the reason - no parents, no discipline, no guidance, no love, etc. However, each to his own.

As for hardening up, sorry yes I misunderstood but now understand what you were saying and fair enough.

And yes respect does need to be earned. What I said earlier was he needs some respect, meaning he needs to do the respecting (like of the law, his contract, his employers, rules are rules, etc.) I should've said 'to show' some respect.

If Mundine's his mentor (which I didn't know before), then no wonder he's screwed up.

Anyway, sorry Susan you had it tough earlier on and glad things all turned out ok for you and your siblings.

Alinda

I must admit my opinions have been shaped by dealing at my local club with a lot of talented juniors who simply have zero respect for coaches/support staff. It seems that it matters not what there upbringings are, tough or easy-the majority of them have an overwhelming sense of entitlement which is sad to watch. It is this sense of entitlement that will be a huge headache for the NRL going forward and we are seeing it unfolding now in these never ending contract disputes.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6