Blake Ferguson indecent assault charges.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
WESTIE said:
Ralphie..what part of CC footage and witnesses dont you understand ?? If the CC footage shows exactly what is suggested , that is, a sexual assualt , then yes , i am extenduing that to assume he is guilty.

From memory there were no witnesses to the B Sewart debacle.

As mentioned above in my post - " Wouldn't the cops view CC footage from the venue before arresting him , instead of relying on a " he said - she said " scenario ?? Am i to take it you are suggesting the cops arrested him without viewing the footage available to them ??

Unless Ferguson admits guilt he should not be sanctioned at this stage. It is not the role of the NRL to consider the sufficiency of evidence. That's the role of a Court.

For all we know the allegations against Ferguson are as frivolous as the allegations against Snake, but by suspending Ferguson, the NRL is giving validity to the allegations and people will forever think he is guilty, regardless of the ultimate finding of a Court.

To this day the majority of the public think Snake was guilty but got away with it. The main reason for that is that the NRL suspended him, which validated the claims against him in the eyes of many and fanned the media circus against him. Snake has to live with that for the rest of his life.

If Ferguson's suspension has nothing to do with the allegations as claimed then why isn't Dugan also suspended - it must be because of his good record right?

Ironically I think if Gallop was in charge he wouldn't have had a knee-jerk reaction this time. Although he denied making a mistake with Snake, I believe he knows he made one and he learnt from it. He showed that with how he dealt with the Marshall and Carney incidents.

What Smith is doing now is a mistake. If Ferguson is guilty it won't matter, but if he is innocent (like Snake) I'm sure Smith won't make the same mistake again.

lsz said:
A question for the more the savvy

How is this case different to Teo? Or is it a case of "loading" due to prior incidents?

Blake Ferguson is the "face of the game" and the offence occured during the double demerit period (this is a fluid concept and is determined at the whim of the CEO in charge). The precedence was set with Brett Stewart so we should not be surprised. This was one of Gallops great innovations, a "chocolate wheel of misfortune" that is spun to determine punishments depending on media frenzy and public outcry. I miss David.

Fortunately for Ben Te'o he is not the face of the game and it was not double demerit weekend for assaulting women when his alleged incident happened. So nothing to see here, just move on.

By the way I think we can pick the Daily Telegraph readers amongst us

• 👍
Reactions: Dan
WESTIE said:
No one "saw" what was alleged to have happened between Brett and the accuser .... like ppl say they only claim to have heared , not seen anything....are people sure they arent confusing reporting by the telecrap with their usual unnamed sources when comparing these two incidents ??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufqlbaurJPw

Mate are you kidding me, if we went by the papers version of events just after the incident then the story would be that there were witnesses everywhere that saw it happen, that a neighbour pulled brett away from the girl, that people saw him drunk and stumbling and that there were lots of people who saw it happen.

The fact is the media just believed anything that was told to them and blew it massively out of proportion and in many cases much of what was reported was just false.

You need to remember that, you are believing media who were not there, are not privy to the actual investigation and are just reporting anything they can. We can not believe any of it, and it would be completely unfair to judge the kid on reports in the media. Trial by media is one of the most disgusting things to have come out of the last century.

Freedom of the press was designed to allow them to publish facts openly so as to get to the truth of the matter, however that right has been abused and they now use it as a shield to publish any lie they are told or come up with themselves

I think the NRL owes the good people of Cairns a massive apology for subjecting them to these REDNECK DEGENERATE THUGS!! Queenslanders are not accustomed to this kind of behaviour and the only people that will profit from this whole fiasco are the therapists that are sure to reap the rewards of the mental scarring inflicted upon the innocent people of Cairns. Shame on the NRL. Shame on NSWRL. Shame on England.

mozgrame said:
I think the NRL owes the good people of Cairns a massive apology for subjecting them to these REDNECK DEGENERATE THUGS!! Queenslanders are not accustomed to this kind of behaviour and the only people that will profit from this whole fiasco are the therapists that are sure to reap the rewards of the mental scarring inflicted upon the innocent people of Cairns. Shame on the NRL. Shame on NSWRL. Shame on England.

Wrong thread me thinks.

http://www.silvertails.net/forum/Thread-George-Burgess

Im not "believing" the media...i am trusting the police to have viewed CC footage of the incident, and that they deem whatever they saw sufficient to lay charges.

WESTIE said:
Im not "believing" the media...i am trusting the police to have viewed CC footage of the incident, and that they deem whatever they saw sufficient to lay charges.

woah are you for real?

Did you actually read the post regarding the Brett Stewart case. The facts tendered as reasons for being charged were astounding. In fact the many expressed that they could not believe it got to court and shocked it got to a charge.

The police have to lay a charge here they are under pressure to do it, the evidence may be scant to do so, but that is a matter for the DPP to decide later.

Frank said:
mozgrame said:

Wrong thread me thinks.

http://www.silvertails.net/forum/Thread-George-Burgess

Haha. Right again Frank. I was having trouble because I was laughing so hard on my high horse.

Chip and Chase said:
lsz said:
A question for the more the savvy

How is this case different to Teo? Or is it a case of "loading" due to prior incidents?

Blake Ferguson is the "face of the game" and the offence occured during the double demerit period (this is a fluid concept and is determined at the whim of the CEO in charge). The precedence was set with Brett Stewart so we should not be surprised. This was one of Gallops great innovations, a "chocolate wheel of misfortune" that is spun to determine punishments depending on media frenzy and public outcry. I miss David.

Fortunately for Ben Te'o he is not the face of the game and it was not double demerit weekend for assaulting women when his alleged incident happened. So nothing to see here, just move on.

Thought as much

bones said:
MadMarcus said:
If Dugan is guilty it won't matter, but if he is innocent (like Snake) I'm sure Smith won't make the same mistake again.

Ferguson.

Thanks bones - fixed. If it turns out Dugan is guilty then that would really open a can of worms... :p

The NRL just needs to suspend Players for 'Bringing the Game into Disrepute'. This has to be tabled in black and white in all the Players' Contracts.

The NRL need to await the outcome of the legal proceedings, which may take years such as Brett's false charge.

Being drunk behind a car, or assault etc are all criminal offences and can not be ruled on by a Sporting Body.

Ferguson was on his last chance with the Raiders, so who will risk picking him up? If he is convicted, UK won't grant him a Work Visa.

All self inflicted, which a moment's self restraint would have avoided :(

I must admit I couldn't care less about Dugan and Ferguson.

Dan is dead right about due process and the right to a hearing etc and yes they should not be penalised till the trial etc but to be brutally honest it is not difficult to work out they are right royal f...wits who show no respect for themselves or anyone else or the privileged position they find themselves in.

Just penned massive contracts and made origin after making dickheads of themselves a few weeks ago,with one totally letting down the club who has spent years developing him.And this is how they prepare for origin.I reckon most people couldn't give a toss about them.I certainly don't.

Brett on the other hand is a well mannered respectful person who has provided all league followers with a lot of enjoyment over the years.He is not a f..wit and does not behave like one.

Have a look at them ffs.They reap what they sow.

Ferguson is entitled to a presumption of innocence.

But let's get real. The comparisons made here to Brett Stewart's case are outstandingly superficial.

Brett Stewart was a total unmitigated cleanskin - even to the point of being asked to be the face of the game. In contrast, Ferguson was on his last warning. Apples and oranges.

As recently evidenced by Tamao, and presumably Burgess, and innumerable other players, alcohol and clear thinking simply do not co-exist. Alcohol abuse and responsible behaviour are strongly negatively correlated. This is not a statement that players shouldn't drink, simply a statement of indisputable fact. Can that be denied?

Ferguson has a well-established problem with clear thinking and responsible behaviour that has led to him being on his last warning. The key cause? Alcohol. Is that denied?

One day we may see certain players of the like of Ferguson, Dugan, Carney, etc having a no alcohol clause inserted into their contracts.

So because he has a track record, he is more guilty than innocent?

Please that's a terrible view and I hope you are never on a jury that judging me.

By the way what are all these past discretions of his? Having a drink with a mate? I am positively evil then and must be guilty of assault too, because I have a track record of having a drink with mates.

I am struggling to find any mention of other issues despite him having a drink in March with Dugan

HappilyManly said:
The NRL just needs to suspend Players for 'Bringing the Game into Disrepute'. This has to be tabled in black and white in all the Players' Contracts.

If the allegations are false, how did he bring the game into disrepute? By going out for a drink? The NRL just needs to wait until the court has adjudicated. Simple.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4