Black pearls words

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I do not disagree with some creativity in the forwards however I thought we were talking about the halves?
You're right, We were - just seemed like a valid point at the time, since there doesn't seem to be an easy answer to the lack of creativity in the halves. Get it anywhere we can, I reckon!

You're right, We were - just seemed like a valid point at the time, since there doesn't seem to be an easy answer to the lack of creativity in the halves. Get it anywhere we can, I reckon!
Ahh well that is a different conversation. Apart from BJ we do seem to lack an offload in the forwards

@germaneagle DCE is playing a lone hand out there as our play maker.

Ferris being back at least adds some creativity to the back row, but its only his second first grade game this year and his 3rd overall (and one of them was a write off) so I wouldn't expect much other than for him to just get through the Sharks game injury free. I know Mateo is currently injured and is due back in Rd.13 after the bye, but he offers a hell of a lot more as a back rower than Blake Leary ever will. He is the Glenn Stewart type of ball playing back rower we are currently missing.

Dylan Walker has no creativity at 5/8. He'll either run or kick it and he will only kick it on the last so that makes him easier to read and defend.

Who watched the NQ vs Brisbane game tonight? Both teams have two halves who share the load and shock horror they are leading the comp and are favourites to repeat as Grand Finalists.

Hunt is no better than DCE, but he has Milford who has developed into a very good playmaking, running 5/8, something Walker has shown next to no sign of doing after 10 rounds. When Cherry was out injured, Walker had the perfect opportunity to show what he can do at pivot and lead this team yet Api outshone him mostly through his enthusiasm and believe me, Api wasn't all that good himself.

Corey Parker said it after last weeks game that Manly only having one play maker out there makes us much easier to defend when teams know that more often than not DCE will get the ball on the 4th and/or 5th tackles.

Last edited:
Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4