BK training with side

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
He's been playing beach volleyball with his wife so he's very fit,"

I think that just about says it all, he is less than 0% chance of playing.

He's been playing beach volleyball with his wife so he's very fit,\"

I think that just about says it all, he is less than 0% chance of playing.

Ever watched beach volleyball Fro ;)

watched it and played it dougie, unless its changed since then the contact was of a very different nature :)

watched it and played it dougie, unless its changed since then the contact was of a very different nature :)

Was that back in the day when you had to wear full length bathers.... :dance:

Zorba just called.....he asked me to lace on the boots this weekend....
After that he has asked me to polish their knobs.

I have declined....

Apparently I don't meet the height restriction to polish their knobs...Orford's the exception !! Hehehe

It is a gee up ;)

Friday, September 21, 2007 - 1:30 PM

Manly have quickly backed down from a claim former captain Ben Kennedy could make a surprise comeback in Saturday's NRL preliminary final, saying it was a joke taken too far.

Manly media manager Peter Peters created a wave of controversy on Friday morning by claiming on Sydney radio that the club could activate Kennedy's $2 contract to cover for injured backrower Glenn Stewart against North Queensland.

But the club has quickly refuted those claims.

"Ben Kennedy will not play for the Sea Eagles this weekend," said a statement on the Manly website.

"Ben Kennedy will not play in the grand final if we qualify."

The speculation created such a stir, the club's coach Des Hasler and chief executive Grant Mayer both contacted the NRL to try and stop the rumours.

NRL director of communications John Brady released a short email claiming it was a joke that had gone too far.

"Contrary to a joke that has turned into a rumour Manly are assuring everyone that Ben Kennedy is not playing on Saturday, he is not on stand by, he is not part of the club's playing plans in any way," said Brady's email.

"I've had (Manly coach) Des Hasler and (Manly chief executive) Grant Mayer both ask that I help reinforce this one as the rumour mill has somehow kicked into over-drive."

The Sea Eagles have two injury concerns ahead of Saturday's clash with the Cowboys, backrower Stewart and winger Chris Hicks both in serious doubt with ankle injuries.

Peters claimed he was collecting 33-year-old Kennedy from the airport on Friday and he would train with the club on Friday night.

"He'll be training tonight, we'll see how he is," he told radio station 2KY.

"He'll be training and he'll be there tomorrow night.

"He's eligible, the contract's been registered, we could play him if we saw fit to play him.

"I'm picking him up at the airport, he'll be at Brooky (Brookvale Oval) training tonight and we'll have him there tomorrow night."

North Queensland captain Johnathan Thurston dismissed the speculation surrounding Kennedy prior to the Cowboys' final training session on Friday morning.

"Are you serious?" he said, after initially laughing at the question.

Kennedy's manager Mike Newton said Kennedy, who retired after last season, was enjoying the situation.

"He (Kennedy) thinks it's all very funny," Newton told the Macquarie Network.

"He has said that he'll make himself available ... but the likelihood of him playing is remote."

Peters said Stewart and Hicks trained lightly on Thursday and will need to impress coaching staff at Friday evening's session to be included for the Sydney Football Stadium match.

He said Stewart's chances were "50/50" and Hicks' "probably a bit less".

Peters suggested Kennedy was fit enough to get through an NRL match.

"He's been playing beach volleyball with his wife so he's very fit," he said.

Why would Thurston laugh? He should have been **** scared at the possibility of BK running over the top of him and snapping both his dodgy shoulders.

[quote author=Matabele]
Who honestly believes Thurston's shoulders are THAT dodgy?

I'd be sending Choc & Willo out there to find out.
[/quote]

Which could be one of the mind games being played?

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2