BJ to Left Centre !

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

EagleFromMay1967

Sky Punching : send them High as the Clouds
If Skivvy leaves, which of course is not certain, then . . . .

Before dismissing this, consider:
1. He can tackle like Skivvy.
2. He's fast - probably as fast as Skivvy.
3. He has a secure contract with Manly
4. He has the 'good looks' of a back

Yes, i admit he'd have to improve his backline passing game a little, but he has the enthusiasm, and some of his middle field running was a not as forceful as it was when he first signed up.

We have so many front row options now, if Skivvy leaves, BJ can fill the gap with aplomb. :D

I see where you are coming from, just don't think BJ has the mobility of a good Centre, a bit too tall to be agile enough around the ruck.

Besides, Skivvy not going anywhere.

On the subject of BJ... is he in a TV ad for a health food snack? It's the ad where he's eating from a small container on a building/work site and two 'co-workers' mock him for being healthy. They have guts and press themselves against a wire fence which makes them look like they have six-packs.
Just wondering?

Why though? The idea makes no sense.
We have actual centres who would be busting their nut to get that spot. Namely Hiku and Taufua. I think they'd be pretty upset if our forwards leader got the chance to play there out of position.
This would also open up a wing spot for Gutho and could start the Gutho v Tommy T shootout for the fullback position.

The Who said:
On the subject of BJ... is he in a TV ad for a health food snack? It's the ad where he's eating from a small container on a building/work site and two 'co-workers' mock him for being healthy. They have guts and press themselves against a wire fence which makes them look like they have six-packs.
Just wondering?

Certain it's not him :)

Duff said:
We have actual centres who would be busting their nut to get that spot. Namely Hiku and Taufua. I think they'd be pretty upset if our forwards leader got the chance to play there out of position.
This would also open up a wing spot for Gutho and could start the Gutho v Tommy T shootout for the fullback position.
those two 'actual centres' are actually WINGERS. And there is cloud over the fitness of one of them in the medium term. BJ would be a centre in the Mark Harris/Matt Cooper/Olsen Filipina/Steve Matai mould. BJ is soooo much faster than Hiku, its an embarassment.

EagleFromMay1967 said:
Duff said:
those two 'actual centres' are actually WINGERS. And there is cloud over the fitness of one of them in the medium term. BJ would be a centre in the Mark Harris/Matt Cooper/Olsen Filipina/Steve Matai mould. BJ is soooo much faster than Hiku, its an embarassment.

Hiku is a much better centre than winger

EagleFromMay1967 said:
Duff said:

I think BJ used to play centre or wing in the past, hence has very good speed so it's not a far fetched idea but I agree that there are other players in the team that would suit that position more than BJ. I think BJ has flourished at our club since joining but he hasn't got that creative instinct that has player awareness. He broke the defensive line a couple of times and once in the clear failed to pass to the players following him and got tackled. Maybe that can be coached but I tend to think it needs to be instinctive. Probably the reason he is a Prop now?

Speedy he is but from what i have seen of him is space, well he doesnt really pass does he. Pretty sure the winger outside him wouldnt get much ball. The only person in living memory who would want to play out there would be noel cleal id reckon.

EagleFromMay1967 said:
Duff said:

No. Wrong. No point reading past your first comment.
Wrong. Wrong. Wrong.

Not many people know this, but BJ is a Qld under 16's high jump champion. He also came third in the Australasian standing jump championships in 2006. That's where you stand in a position where you look like you're about to take a bomb, then jump vertically in the air as high as possible. They use laser technology to measure the highest point your feet get from the ground.

BJ came 3rd with a jump of 157cm!! He'd make a great fullback/winger.

BJ is the fastest in the club over 40m. We should be utilizing that speed on kick returns. He should be playing fullback or wing ...

On a slightly more newsworthy note, plenty of people suggested BJ looked like he was playing busted in the second half of the year. I can confirm he had 3 different surgeries after the season to fix various ailments but he should be back to his best, playing quality minutes in 2015 IN THE FRONT ROW!

Masked Eagle said:
BJ is the fastest in the club over 40m. We should be utilizing that speed on kick returns. He should be playing fullback or wing ...

On a slightly more newsworthy note, plenty of people suggested BJ looked like he was playing busted in the second half of the year. I can confirm he had 3 different surgeries after the season to fix various ailments but he should be back to his best, playing quality minutes in 2015 IN THE FRONT ROW!

Guess it wasn't Choc :)

Duff said:

havn't you read the posts, Hip Hip will be playing Prop next year

Can't pass when in the clear, not sure if he can pass at all. Therefore no good in centre.

Hiku will replace skivvy in centre when Skivvy leaves or Jorge both would be great centres

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4