BJ Leilua was arrested

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
SYDNEY Roosters’ preparations for tonight’s game against Canterbury have been thrown into disarray after representative centre BJ Leilua was arrested at a St George hotel in the early hours of Saturday morning.
St George police crime manager Gary Ballard said Leilua, whose full name is Joseph Ikenasio Poiva Leilua Kelemete, was charged with three offences including assault, breaching an AVO and a telecommunications offence.
Police allege the former St George Dragons junior spat on his former girlfriend after an argument at the Allawah Hotel on Saturday about 1.30am.
‘‘He was then taken out of the hotel by security and a number of text messages [were] received after the fight,’’ Detective Inspector Ballard said.
‘‘It will also be alleged that the man sent personal photos of the woman via his mobile phone to other people,’’ a police media spokesman said.
Earlier this month the woman was granted a six month enforceable AVO.
The woman reported the matter to St George police on Saturday and Leilua handed himself into Kogarah police station where he was arrested and charged on Saturday night, police said.
He was refused bail to appear at Parramatta Bail Court on Sunday.
Leilua was granted bail yesterday and is expected to face Kogarah Local Court in June.
The charge throws Leilua’s immediate playing future in doubt as he was set to line-up for the Roosters against Canterbury at Sydney Football Stadium tonight.
Leilua’s arrest comes just days after he was drafted into NSW’s State of Origin squad as a shadow player.

http://www.theleader.com.au/news/local/news/general/roosters-star-leilua-arrested/2571137.aspx

I want to buy a roosters jersey and get his name printed on the back of it

Joseph Ikenasio Poiva Leilua Kelemete

Over to you Double Standard Dave. Does he get the Brett Stewart treatment or the Todd Carney personal counselling treatment ?

Disgusting man. The radio said that he spat at his girlfriend's face.

What is with these league players and assaulting women. Just think of all those millions spent by the NRL on player education towards women. That money could have gone towards helping out traditional Sydney clubs (i.e. us and Cronulla) who are doing in tough.

bones said:
I want to buy a roosters jersey and get his name printed on the back of it

Joseph Ikenasio Poiva Leilua Kelemete

If he goes to jail you can get a jersey with "Free BJ" printed on it:D

Wouldn't suggest you wear it if you are going to oxford st though

I cannot understand these idiots. I really can't. You're getting paid $100k + a year, SURELY you can do something better with your money then get on the cans and harass your ex.

Ball is in Gallops hands now, I'll be interested to see how they act on this given they stamped Lui out of the game pretty quickly.

Simple recipe:

* Take an aggressive player
* Add grief
* Add alcohol
* Add a journo

Leave to simmer on low heat.

Brett got four weeks for being responsible and catching a cab home from a pub. It'll be interesting to see what the Goose does.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2