BJ Lawrence future

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
People thinking we should get rid of him first because of his back issues. His back issues are the reason no clubs are lining up..If he is fit & healthy it will be a blessing in disguise he doesn't walk..

People saying we should get rid of him obviously know something I don't.

I count 5 NRL props and Taupau as lock. We will lose 1 during origin, 1 suspended for half a season and that is before injuries. Get rid of BJ and we have zero depth.

I don't think anyone is saying to throw him away. We are just saying that due to the salary cap, the club has to make tough decisions, and we're just throwing in our 2c worth. Ideally, we'd all like to keep all of our players, but that is never going to happen.

BJ's eventual fate does not lie in the hands of a few fans that post on here. The club will make a decision based on what they perceive to be best for the club. As for us, we are just here to voice our opinion, little as it matters. Please grant us that at least.

I understand where you are coming from but the way some on here are happy to discard contracted players and at the same time complain about a lack of loyalty from others...it is just something that does not sit well with me

I count 5 NRL props and Taupau as lock. We will lose 1 during origin, 1 suspended for half a season and that is before injuries. Get rid of BJ and we have zero depth.

Jake
Myles
Lussick
Starling
BJ
Burgess (not great but not that terrible for 6 possibly 7 choice)

I agree that Taupau should be in the backrow but i also feel Knight will come through strong this year and be well in the mix

I'm a big BJ fan. He deserves not only to stay but also to have the support of we fans. I can't believe the callous calls to axe him, especially from Forum posters who have been critical of the way players such as Ballin and Gutherson were treated.
To call for a loyal, and very good player such as BJ, to be kicked out in order to recruit a Rabbit with dubious credentials is unwise imo.

Jake
Myles
Lussick
Starling
BJ
Burgess (not great but not that terrible for 6 possibly 7 choice)

I agree that Taupau should be in the backrow but i also feel Knight will come through strong this year and be well in the mix

So get rid of BJ and then Burgess is playing a lot of games ext year, back to where we started in terms of our weakest area in 15.

Knight is an unknown aNRL level, as a prop he is of average size (right now) and certainly will not just burst onto the scene in his first year, a good prospect no doubt.

Hence we need to keep BJ

Our signings are not over yet . We also have some players that could step up .
Zero depth could also be equal to zero impact by the broken BJ

I understand where you are coming from but the way some on here are happy to discard contracted players and at the same time complain about a lack of loyalty from others...it is just something that does not sit well with me
Tough people make tough decisions they don't sit on the fence .

So get rid of BJ and then Burgess is playing a lot of games ext year, back to where we started in terms of our weakest area in 15.

Knight is an unknown aNRL level, as a prop he is of average size (right now) and certainly will not just burst onto the scene in his first year, a good prospect no doubt.

Hence we need to keep BJ
An average size promising Knight who will build up frame in the off season is a better prospect than an aging busted Lawrence with back and knee issues
Hence that is why Knight is the priority

Sure they do but there also needs to be a consequence for their actions
Yes you are right there . If the club has a bad season they will be grilled . But if the club is successful they should also be commended for the tough decisions

Our signings are not over yet . We also have some players that could step up .
Zero depth could also be equal to zero impact by the broken BJ
Tell us oh wise one what other prop signings will there be for next year? I don't think that any of our last years NSW cup props are still at the club? Andrews gone Vave? Latham?

Who do we have that will step up next year as a prop? Knight won't be ready

Last edited:
Tell us oh wise one what other prop signings will there be for next year? Who do we have that will step up next year as a prop?
I don't make the decisions our coaching staff does and with due respect for my fellow Manly supporters on here I have more faith in our coaching staffs decisions than my fellow Manly supporters suggestions

Hence we need to keep BJ

Just to be clear, i'm not advocating we get rid of BJ, nor am i saying he is a must keep, it all depends on how he has recovered, how he is preforming in training and what the financial benefit would be (ie how much space would his leaving free up)

In regards to Knight, he is a similar size to Jake, Myles and.......Lawrence

And i am not suggesting he will be playing rep footy next year just that he will definitely contribute. Remember Jake had only played 1 first grade game before this season and Regan Campbell-Gillard none.

Also I forgot, it seems we also have Fonua-Blake who is very highly rated

I love BJ but IF he is on good coin, IF he is looking very much down the pecking order and IF another club offers him an opportunity then we need to look at it.

I don't make the decisions our coaching staff does and with due respect for my fellow Manly supporters on here I have more faith in our coaching staffs decisions than my fellow Manly supporters suggestions
I will reserve any comments about the coaching staff until September next year. Some of the supporters are pretty smart

We don't seem to have much depth in props unless someone like Blake steps up. Does anyone know what is happening with Wills Meehan these days? I heard that he was invited to train with us but haven't seen him in any photos.

Our club should take a leaf out of parramatta's club who put up photos and videos every week of their training sessions. Our cub should should do something similar and has a long way to go to engage supporters properly

Yes you are right there . If the club has a bad season they will be grilled . But if the club is successful they should also be commended for the tough decisions

I guess it come down to what sort of club you want to support. Do we accept a win at all costs mentality? It is the thing that has be on the fence about this year.

Yes it is exciting to have some new players come in but I have a general unease over how contracted players are being treated. Take Peta....knocks back more money to stay loyal to the club, signs a new deal and has roots in the area...fast forward a matter of months and the club has not only bought players in his position but are looking to offload him.

I will reserve any comments about the coaching staff until September next year. Some of the supporters are pretty smart

We don't seem to have much depth in props unless someone like Blake steps up. Does anyone know what is happening with Wills Meehan these days? I heard that he was invited to train with us but haven't seen him in any photos.

Our club should take a leaf out of parramatta's club who put up photos and videos every week of their training sessions. Our cub should should do something similar and has a long way to go to engage supporters properly
Would you prefer to go back to the Perry- Qantum amateur hour? Interesting you are looking at Parra website? You following your mates Choc and Foz?

Regarding BJ, of whom I'm an admirer. Some say get rid of him because he is injured and it will free up our salary cap. What club is going to recruit him if, as is claimed, he is "busted"?
He has been loyal enough to sign a two year contract. The club is going to have to pay for this, regardless of his fitness. He seems a fine bloke, so surely there are some off-field roles he could perform if he is too injured to play.

Would you prefer to go back to the Perry- Qantum amateur hour? Interesting you are looking at Parra website? You following your mates Choc and Foz?
Perry, the guy that turned us a profit and delivered a major jersey sponsor that wasn't aligned with Penn or Quantum? Whom had a deal in the bag with DCE at the end of the 2014 season that was for less than our current admin negotiated? That amateur?

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2