BJ-Ken Stephen's One Community Award-Vote

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

HappilyManly

Journey Man
Please vote for our very own Brenton Lawrence, for his wonderful work with Read With An Eagle program and ASPECT.

On and off the field Brenton conducts himself as a remarkable ambassador for the Manly Warringah Sea Eagles. He has been an integral part of charity work run by the club, but has also gone out on his own accord to help the community in a variety of ways.

Brenton is an active ambassador for ASPECT (Autism Spectrum Australia) and has independently raised close to $13,000 through his charity initiatives. One such example saw Brenton host a 'Drawtism' Night where he encouraged his teammates to wear blue socks in Round 7 this year to raise awareness for the charity. Brenton also hosted a Footy Show segment about autism and the struggles sufferers and their families face. ASPECT is particularly close to his heart as his own nephew has been diagnosed as autistic.Brenton's charitable work extends further with his passion for community work with the club. He has wholeheartedly adopted his role as reading coach with the Read With An Eagle program. This role also saw him take part in a teleconference with kids around the country for the National Simultaneous Story Time initiative.

“I have a personal connection to autism and appreciate how difficult it is for families. I want to do everything I can to make their lives that little bit easier,” says Brenton.

“I've been lucky to be in the position where I can help people, but the reality is doing charity work makes me feel really good. There is no feeling like knowing you have helped someone in their time of need.”

Vote

Finalists for 2014 Ken Stephen Medal presented by Telstra are:

Brisbane Broncos: Josh McGuire
Canberra Raiders: Joel Edwards
Canterbury Bulldogs: Trent Hodkinson
Cronulla Sharks: Michael Gordon
Gold Coast Titans: Ryan James
North Queensland Cowboys: Gavin Cooper
Manly Warringah Sea Eagles: Brenton Lawrence :angel:
Melbourne Storm: Matt Duffie
Newcastle Knights: Robbie Rochow
New Zealand Warriors: Manu Vatuvei