1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Birrigan Young

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Copa Eagle, Nov 3, 2010.

1. Copa Eagle

Copa Eagle Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0
    Who ever was talking about this young bloke, as ive said before im good mates with blake davey and Brad bennet, i was speaking to both of them last night and they told me that berrigan young is back to Queensland, moving back up there this weekend. Another up and comer gone. Also David Sheehan, they said it may be possible for them to get a start with Sunny Coast but unlikely.

2. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    He was one of Ryan's favourites. 

This is the problem when players become too old for under 20's.  Unless they are one of the select few to go to the Sunshine coast team we lose them. 

We desperately need a reserve grade side to retain and develop these young blokes.

3. Copa Eagle

Copa Eagle Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0
    yeh thats what i was thinking, hed be perfect in a reserve team, build him up, as soon as your 21 your out on your own if you dont make the cut !

4. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Isnt thats what NSW cup teams are for...and we dont have one.

5. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +6,135 / 289
    To be honest, with Daniel Harrison and Timothy Robinson coming (very young, and loaded with talent), and James Cunningham, Darcy Lussick, Junior Palau, Jamie Buhrer, as well as guys like Liam Higgins & Limoni Latu around, we are stacked in the forwards for "potential".

I just hope JWH keeps his hands off and away from them.

We are probably a year or two away from JWH's scent in the team, and his ability lull players to The Rorters. Trust me guys, if The Rorters hadn't gone as well as they did, and their halves clicked as well as they did, they would have attained Foran thanks to JWH.

Thankfully, they signed Jones from the Cowboys instead. Jones was rates VERY highly by The Cowboys, and like most others, could not match what The Roosters could throw at him.

6. Chip and Chase

Chip and Chase True Supporter Staff Member Administrator Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,282 / 44
    Jones ???? Don't you mean Watts

7. Shoe1

Shoe1 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +4,649 / 74
    Re: JWH - I'm interested in this notion that he has "pull" when it comes to players leaving manly for easts. Is he some sort of svengali figure? How does a 21 year old get this sort of influence, and what's in it for him?

8. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I don't think that JWH is the major influence in gettign players to the roosters.  Brown paper bags and new 4WD's talk more than JWH.

9. eagles2win

eagles2win Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +494 / 0
    I don't think that JWH is the major influence in gettign players to the roosters.  Brown paper bags and new 4WD's talk more than JWH.
    [/quote]

I'd say the influence would be Manly Player get's offered a Rooster's contract, he's weighing up his options ring's up Jared and asks him "about the culture of the club, etc." and that would be about the general gist of it all.
    Depending on whether JWH is happy at the club it'll have a positive or negative impact on what the player does.

10. Kiwi Eagle

Kiwi Eagle Moderator Staff Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,425 / 31
    Foran had agreed to stay here before the Chooks were near the top of the table and Carney had moved into the halves

11. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +6,135 / 289
    Foran had agreed to stay here before the Chooks were near the top of the table and Carney had moved into the halves
    [/quote]

Turner had agreed to go to The Titans as well Kiwi.
    [hr]Post  automatically merged: [time]1288757975[/time][hr]
    That's who...sorry guys.

12. Masked Eagle

Masked Eagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +976 / 0
    Foran going to the Chooks was a real possibility.  Not just because of his relationship with Mitchell Pearce but his mother was also quite friendly with Roosters Recruitment manager Peter O'Sullivan.

13. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Until she kicked him out for abusing her son when he didn't sign with the roosters.