1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bin?

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by bazeagle, Apr 15, 2012.

1. bazeagle

bazeagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +258 / 38
    Why is the bin never used anymore? Last night Idris should have had 10 and Myles too. Useless weak refs who are more into their lovefest than taking the tough calls. Their jabbering to each other last night was embarrassing. (sports ears)

2. KOMORI

KOMORI Born and bred an Eagle

Brisbane
    Ratings:
    +3,269 / 53
    So should Buhrer??

(bearing in mind the Ref blamed him and NOT Lussick for that spear..)

3. bazeagle

bazeagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +258 / 38
    Lussick is going to have a rest for a few weeks

4. KOMORI

KOMORI Born and bred an Eagle

Brisbane
    Ratings:
    +3,269 / 53
    Good thing or a bad thing? Tooves has shown a LOT of faith in him of late, for little reward (IMHO)

5. Masked Eagle

Masked Eagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +976 / 0
    The sin bin has never been used for high tackles. Only ever used for professional fouls or fighting.

6. manlyfan76

manlyfan76 Parra Trolls are the best. Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Anywhere but Parramatta
    Ratings:
    +5,361 / 111
    i agree KOMORI Lussick has some more time booked in on the sidelines. Surely his value is dropping game by game.

7. Clint

Clint . Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +1,658 / 14
    I reckon the bin should be used for cheap, high shots. I know it is only supposed to be used for "professional fouls" but if a bloke takes an opposition players head off, the recipient takes no further part in the game 'cause he is concussed and the instigator invariably gets placed on report.
    This is why Tim Sheens 18th man idea also has merit, so that the team that loses the concussed player is not disadvantaged.

8. Supernintendo Chalmers

Supernintendo Chalmers Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +401 / 6
    i reckon if something is deemed enough to be on report, should be an instant 5 minute stint in the bin. Gives the team who copped it a touch more than a penalty and a free interchange.

9. Napper

Napper Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +797 / 1
    He should have been sent off full stop. swinging arm closed fist to the head. what a joke

10. conanu

conanu Well-Known Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1,841 / 31
    George would give us so much more than Lussick up front. Beggars belief he hasnt got a go as yet. I think contract negotiations have kept Lussick in the team above George. At least Rosie will get a run now with Lussick having a week or 2 off.

11. Eagles2nv

Eagles2nv New Team, New Beginnings 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +1,412 / 35
    2008 - Manly v Raiders, cuthbertson sent off for high tackle on troy thompson

2010 - Manly v tigpies, rose sin binned for high tackle on daniel fitzhenry.

Its rare but can be used. It should be used alot more for careless high tackles, some are shocking.

It can also be used for multiple penalties and dissent.

12. OneEyedEagle

OneEyedEagle Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +176 / 0
    I know we played bad last night however the REFS cost us the game last night. Consistent head high tackles, someone should have gone to the bin after the 3rd consecutive high tackle. Those factors plus the blatant forwarded pass just knocked the wind out of our sails.

• Like Like x 4