Billy the Grub arrested

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
phildo said:
Normie said:
Dean Ritchie reported on Facebook that Billy Slater was named as the Kangaroo arrested in Manchester. No other details though......

Probably for impersinating a fullback who can tackle!
lol i saw the headline and thought wtf idiot would call him billy the grub,,then i saw it was made by a cockroach lmao say no more

kinda hoping they would allow the kiwis into the state of origins so at least we would get a decent competition again
:p:p:p:p:p:p:

phildo with a name like that you could f##k yourself

Slow news day so I've just watched this for the first time and it's not as I expected. If I'm on the jury this is what I see.

Slater lays hands on the other bloke, pat to the chest with his right hand and pats to the right arm with his left. The other bloke is clearly angry, and Slater's action appears placatory, as though saying 'settle down Sport, it's all good'. The other bloke, obviously angry, pushes Slater's hands away with his right arm, clearly using an open palm.

He is not even looking at Slater. He is talking at the security/doorman. I couldn't even see any contact with Slater's head, but at best there was some slight contact. Certainly no punch. Slater immediately let's fly with a right, straight to the face. This guy is still not even looking at Slater, he doesn't see it coming, and he goes straight down, falling backwards.

Billy is a very lucky man. The other guy's head could easily have hit the pavement when he fell. If he had been hurt I can tell you Slater's world would be turned upside down right now.

Good luck to anyone trying to run self-defence on that scenario.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fT7cWmZfYoY&list=TLyfyAzmIXN9WVU0k5-tgLiMoE3OESWlm2

I see it how the Police did. That Slater did no wrong and could have pressed charges had he wanted to.

The CCTV doesn't prove that Slater is blameless. There is no sound and his back is turned so he could be giving the guy and absolute gobful for all we know.

Chip and Chase said:
The CCTV doesn't prove that Slater is blameless. There is no sound and his back is turned so he could be giving the guy and absolute gobful for all we know.

And the CCTV also wouldn't show that the other guy could be a priest and may have molested Slater as a little boy and Billy was getting revenge all these years later.

bones said:
I see it how the Police did. That Slater did no wrong and could have pressed charges had he wanted to.
You say there's nothing wrong with punching the head of a man who is not even looking you?

SeaEagleRock8 said:
bones said:
You say there's nothing wrong with punching the head of a man who is not even looking you?

I say if you don't want to be hit, don't hit first.
I hope that Loveridge grub gets hit with great force in his head while he isn't looking, either in gaol or when he gets out.

What hit? He didn't "hit first". Look at the speed of his arm movement, it is not a blur like Slater's. He doesn't even fully extend his arm. His hand is open, not a fist. And he's not even looking at Slater, he's still looking straight ahead at whoever he's arguing with. It's obvious he just pushed out to get Slater away from him because Slater was taking liberties by placing his hands all over him.

And yes, a lot of people would say a punch to the head of a man who's not looking at you is a dog shot.

bones said:
I hope that Loveridge grub gets hit with great force in his head while he isn't looking, either in gaol or when he gets out.
So you are advocating that someone else does something equally as repulsive as what he did?

This whole argument about 'he hit first so I'm entitled to hit him', or 'he had his hands on me so I'm entitled to push him away', are variations on the same theme: namely, two wrongs make a right, and if you wrong me first, I'll wrong you back with interest.

No doubt plenty live by that maxim, but it seems to cause more grief than it solves.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
What hit? He didn't "hit first". Look at the speed of his arm movement, it is not a blur like Slater's. He doesn't even fully extend his arm. His hand is open, not a fist. And he's not even looking at Slater, he's still looking straight ahead at whoever he's arguing with. It's obvious he just pushed out to get Slater away from him because Slater was taking liberties by placing his hands all over him.

And yes, a lot of people would say a punch to the head of a man who's not looking at you is a dog shot.

bones said:
So you are advocating that someone else does something equally as repulsive as what he did?

This whole argument about 'he hit first so I'm entitled to hit him', or 'he had his hands on me so I'm entitled to push him away', are variations on the same theme: namely, two wrongs make a right, and if you wrong me first, I'll wrong you back with interest.

No doubt plenty live by that maxim, but it seems to cause more grief than it solves.

Yes.

bones said:
SeaEagleRock8 said:
bones said:

I say if you don't want to be hit, don't hit first.
Prison guards don't miss out. Esp in these sort of cases, I used to play sport with a senior prison guard and you request beatings on particular crims. Good times.

So according to SER8, Billy Slater King Hit a bloke and the police let him off and then advised Slater that he could have the victim of his King Hit charged with headbutting his fist.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7