Billy Slater

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Napper

Bencher
Love him or hate him is he the greatest fullback you've ever seen?

As much of a grubby C he can be..He is the best fullback i've ever seen. A pre injury Snake was comparable but for now, sadly, noone comes close

I think Brett when he was playing before his injury problems was a better fullback and Graham Eadie was right up there, he could kick goals too.

If he can keep doing the sensational stuff he's been doing for the first 4 rounds for the rest of the year.......maybe just maybe I might put him in the same league as Brendon Reeves.

He's certainly a great athlete, and you'd have to say he's the best fullback at the moment. The only thing that gets brushed over by the Channel 9 sycophants is his tendency to come up with howlers. He does it at all levels, some of his brain explosions at international level have been downright embarrassing.

I think Brett pre injury was a better all round fullback, certainly had Slater covered defensively.

He may be the greatest attacking fullback but what about his flaky defence? No comparison with great defenders like Eadie and Les Johns.
In a few years I suppose people will be saying the same thing about Ben Barber, rating only his attacking skills.

Loz Daley spilled his lollies again over Billy this weekend and on top of that he said Slater is the best fullback ever to play the game.

The greatest football player that has walked on this earth in any code, without a doubt.

Wonder how great Slater would be if he (or any of them) had to play with a leather ball, like Eadie and co.

Eadie was not only a wonderful attacking player, he was an amazing defender and kicker too. Imagine if he was a fulltime professional like today's players? They wouldn't touch him.

bob dylan said:
The greatest football player that has walked on this earth in any code, without a doubt.

I think I should qualify that some more Bob. He is the greatest footballer in the history of the universe and the greatest footballer that Ray Warren or Laurie Daley have ever fantasised about, when they turn out the lights.

There are young Namibian, Iranian and Uzbekhistani kiddies, yet to be born, who will be named in honour of him. He is the greatest player in the history of the greatest game ever invented, in this or any other galaxy.

He held up the injured Wolfie last year. Credit for that.
He was the one member of the cheating storm that questioned whether his extra payments were within the cap. Credit for that.
Pretty bloody awesome as a player. Curse him for that.

Kiwi Eagle said:
Too many huge errors in big games in him to be the best ever

The only error in his game at the moment is that he is not in a Manly jersey.

Earnie the Eagle said:
We should do everything to sign him, we need a very fast water boy.

New nickname for Slater...Bobby Boucher

Kiwi Eagle said:
Too many huge errors in big games in him to be the best ever

Onfire at the moment is slater. I just can't forget his howlers in the 08 cup final and 2010 4 nations final they were Paul cariage 1998 like.

But he's finding the line. To me cooper cronk is the glue of that team.

We had an off night in rd 25 last year and beat them easily without cronk.

Yeah he is ****ing marvellous

Brilliant inside ball to Marshell for the world cup wasnt it?
Without Cronk and Smith he is absolute horse ****

A good fullback doesnt throw the world cup in the other team's hand

He goes right up there with Paul Carriage for that effort

niccipops said:
He held up the injured Wolfie last year. Credit for that.
He was the one member of the cheating storm that questioned whether his extra payments were within the cap. Credit for that.
Pretty bloody awesome as a player. Curse him for that.

A couple of times I have heard him on tv he sounds reasonably knowledgeable discussing the game. He isn't going to finish his career and wonder, 'What if ...' For a small player he puts himself in the game and backs himself. Seems very professional in his preparation and fitness.

My cousin met him a couple of years ago on that greatest athlete program (which I think he won), she said he seemed like a down-to-earth country bloke, likes country music and horse riding.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6