Billy Slater promting Rexona Deodorant

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

eagle-rock08

Reserve Grader
As it is him I suggest all Manly fans boycot this product and every other product marketed under Rexona.

Anyway no matter what he uses - he'll still stink in my opinion.

Just don't like the guy. 

He's a untouchable as far as the judiciary goes.  He gets away with a lot and never gets caught.  :mad:

Its hard not to take notice of his determined style of play. I actually admire the way he can absorb the contact when tackled and force a very quick play the ball. he is a superb athlete with exceptional balance.

But yes, like the rest of the storm, i cant stand the little barrstaaard.

Slater is ideal player to hate, he does enough sly little cheap shots and plays for the most dominant team. However it is hard not to admire the way he throws himself into the game, he attacks the ball and always backs himself. I've heard from my cousin who worked with him on the best athlete show that he is a real laid back country boy type, not a big-head, just in to country & western music and riding horses. In another life we might even like him!

I cannot use the word "admire" in respect to Billy Slater. I can appreciate his athletic ability, but there is nothing to admire about this  dirty little grub. Competitiveness is not an excuse for taking cheap shots as regularly as he does. He is up there with Hodges, Gee, Handoncock and Gallen on the cat factor. 

Flip link said:
You guys can't be serious?

Boycotting deodorant because of billy slater?

Yes - very serious.  We boycotted Bonds when they sacked several hundred workers and set up shop overseas.  I would suggest a lot of women would boycot anything Tiger Woods may be promoting at the moment - that is why sponsors have dumped him.

All comes back to public perception old boy.  No-one knows Billy in Melbourne and anyone else who does know him tend to realise he is a great player but has been called a grub by many many many people.

I can cite the instance at Brookvale last year in the second round.  He was tackled by Robbo and when he got up he let one go on Robbo that knocked him out right in front of the touchie and ref who DID NOTHING.

The leading with the boots in 2008 grand final etc etc etc.  I need not cite anymore examples.

But to reiterate - I am very serious I will not buy Rexona as long as he is promoting it.

eagle-rock08 link said:
[quote author=Flip link=topic=182485.msg252471#msg252471 date=1266965140]
You guys can't be serious?

Boycotting deodorant because of billy slater?

Yes - very serious.  We boycotted Bonds when they sacked several hundred workers and set up shop overseas.  I would suggest a lot of women would boycot anything Tiger Woods may be promoting at the moment - that is why sponsors have dumped him.

All comes back to public perception old boy.  No-one knows Billy in Melbourne and anyone else who does know him tend to realise he is a great player but has been called a grub by many many many people.

I can cite the instance at Brookvale last year in the second round.  He was tackled by Robbo and when he got up he let one go on Robbo that knocked him out right in front of the touchie and ref who DID NOTHING.

The leading with the boots in 2008 grand final etc etc etc.  I need not cite anymore examples.

But to reiterate - I am very serious I will not buy Rexona as long as he is promoting it.
[/quote]

What you're actually saying is that you're affected by advertising.
Not really the sort of thing that makes people take you seriously.

Even though it's a negative response, the advertising has reached you.
I would not want to be thought of as one of the brainwashed masses from the commercial mainstream like that.

If women want to boycott Tigers brands because of what he did then they should pretty much boycott everything on the market. If the sport star/actor promoting the product isn't shagging around then the CEO of the company the profits go to probably is.

Lame.

Comparing bonds treatment of its workers to a highly successful football player...

Im just gonna give up right here

I have a friend in Melbourne who's a litttle bit alternative and he thinks Billy's a hottie. He'd have him with or without deoderant. Me, I'd prefer a nakey Snakey.

I would have thought Slater would have endorsed Bogon Fly spray, which is much more appropriate?

Poor old Nate would have limited sponsorship options, maybe Domestos or some other disinfectant product?

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7