1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Billy Slater has injured his knee.

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by castle eagle, Nov 17, 2013.

1. castle eagle

castle eagle Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

newcastle
    Ratings:
    +653 / 6
    http://www.foxsports.com.au/league/world-cup/billy-slater-has-injured-his-knee-in-australias-620-thrashing-of-the-usa/story-fnk3vz4p-1226761734278

watch the video.
    the grub catches a bomb, doesn't leave the ground to do it yet still raises his knee towards the opposition players and injures his knee:D
    had to watch it a few times because i like seeing him get injured

• Like Like x 1
  2. CAMBO

CAMBO New Member

Ratings:
    +363 / 0
    It is incredably poor form to wish injury upon any player in professional sport.

Having said that can I just say I hope it's his ACL.......... It would be karma catching up with the grub

• Like Like x 3
  3. HappilyManly

HappilyManly MWTS Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Freshwater
    Ratings:
    +11,498 / 254
    I watched the game, and the knee was just bumped - Slater came off as it was a no contest game against the USA.:(

But Myles and Call me Cam have come to blows :p :huh:

4. Red Pill

Red Pill Optimist & Troll Inquisitor

Ratings:
    +431 / 15
    It is poor form full stop! to wish injury upon a player.
    I remember when the wolf man broke his neck in 2011. I also remember how Slater responded showing some real decency when it mattered.
    Sure he has some niggle in his game but he is a perpetual target.
    Just calling a spade a spade!

5. Brissie Kid

Brissie Kid Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +830 / 10
    Every good fullback should learn to do it, but Slater does tend to push his knee out "in defence" further than most other fullbacks have ever found necessary when taking the high ball. The injury this time seems to be a direct result of having his knee out so far & rigid when he got tackled.

6. globaleagle

globaleagle Où est mon chapeau Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +7,800 / 58
  7. Manly To Win!

Manly To Win! Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +178 / 2
    Definitely don't wish injuries on anyone... but couldn't happen to a more deserving player (except perhaps SBW)

8. castle eagle

castle eagle Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

newcastle
    Ratings:
    +653 / 6
    [hr]
    don't think i wished injury on him, but i certainly wasn't upset after it happened

• Like Like x 1
  9. SeaEagleRock8

SeaEagleRock8 Sea Eagle Lach Staff Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,802 / 122
    Nice point castle eagle. :D

I may be in the minority here but I don't hate Slater. I hated his sliding boot attacks on Robbo, the kung fu kicks, the odd head-butt etc.

But I take into account he is a jockey-sized player who has survived NRL for a decade by being an ultra-competitive little cuss. I have seen him absolutely clobbered, but he usually gets up and goes again. I mean, do people really hate Raudonikis? Doubt it, and he was far dirtier.

It wasn't Slater's fault Channel 9 spent a whole year pretending he was the greatest player who ever lived, when clearly he wasn't.

10. sheridanstand78

sheridanstand78 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,308 / 51
    The Roos are lucky, GI is an even better option at full back and they also have Hayne and Morris as back up.

11. Ralphie

Ralphie Well-Known Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Bredbo
    Ratings:
    +2,093 / 231
    Absolutely no decency afford to the filthy grub. I hope he is injured so badly he never plays again. In fact I might get down on my damaged knees and pray for just that scenario. I hate this POS with a blinding passion.

He shows no decency and he get none back.

• Like Like x 1