bill harrigan at origin

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Kiwi Eagle said:
jbb/james said:
In the end it is very important how they spend the NRL's cash when the clubs are struggling financially. The amount of support staff flown around who serve no significant function have an impact of grass roots funding and annual grants

It all comes from the profits of Rugby League at the detriment of those who provide product

Bills history and abilities do not weigh in to it. What is the point of having someone with 500 years experience if he isn't there when needed . I read a article today which said the last time a video ref performed that poorly was gasniers try against Manly. Maybe he was making a coffee then. Maybe he doesn't take his job seriously enough

This game is quickly becoming a major s**t storm for the code in general.All issues stem from the referring and the code is receiving massive fallout. The refs boss was flown in to oversee 2 forty minute time slots and by his own admission couldn't hold his attention long enough to do the job

To be there on game day and then have to advise everyone he has to wait until he gets back and have a look at it is a terrible look for the management of the game.

This forum is a cross section of society and I am not surprised some of you don't get that. too be honest i have no concern if bill has a Chariot full of vestals as long as he pays for them himself

Does Toovey pay for his water up in the coaches box during the game or does our financially struggling club foot the bill ?

That's an outrage if true. We should be saving every dollar to put toward off contract players. Time to start drinking tap water.

jbb/james said:
Kiwi Eagle said:
jbb/james said:
In the end it is very important how they spend the NRL's cash when the clubs are struggling financially. The amount of support staff flown around who serve no significant function have an impact of grass roots funding and annual grants

It all comes from the profits of Rugby League at the detriment of those who provide product

Bills history and abilities do not weigh in to it. What is the point of having someone with 500 years experience if he isn't there when needed . I read a article today which said the last time a video ref performed that poorly was gasniers try against Manly. Maybe he was making a coffee then. Maybe he doesn't take his job seriously enough

This game is quickly becoming a major s**t storm for the code in general.All issues stem from the referring and the code is receiving massive fallout. The refs boss was flown in to oversee 2 forty minute time slots and by his own admission couldn't hold his attention long enough to do the job

To be there on game day and then have to advise everyone he has to wait until he gets back and have a look at it is a terrible look for the management of the game.

This forum is a cross section of society and I am not surprised some of you don't get that. too be honest i have no concern if bill has a Chariot full of vestals as long as he pays for them himself

Does Toovey pay for his water up in the coaches box during the game or does our financially struggling club foot the bill ?

So you are implying the NRL should fund bills trip to origin to not do a job and just because bill is a top bloke.And he shouldnt be on constant duty for 80 minutes to justify him being there. Please go to the trouble of explaining to me why bill should be expensed as a fan and not an employee, and when you do i will tackle the big toovey watergate issue for you. It seems reasonable to me. You have offered plenty or sarcasm, all I ask is an educated reason. Go ahead

Are you also implying manly are not struggling financially

His official capacity is referees boss, he wasn't the on field ref, or the video ref.

So for me there is no outrage if the bloke doesn't see every second of play, like everybody else he could look at anything on replay before making an sort of comment, which his role was to do the next day, and that role was fulfilled

Quite often after a dodgy call, the reporters will ask the coach a question in the post match conference and the coach will reply "I didn't see it" or "I didn't get a good look at it" to avoid the issue, something Harrigan could have also been doing

For me it is a complete non issue. And if having a bloke there at the cost of $1000 or whatever it was is going to effect the game financially may as well give up now.

If Gallop was there I wouldn't be expecting him to see every second of play either.

The NRL is a partnership with 16 other clubs, not a heir achy. The NRL essentially make no money at all, the collective clubs and players provide all $$$$ opportunities. At times the NRL has displayed an attitude that is very worrying for the product providers. We all know they undersold the rights for what may be conceived as personal gain.Personal gain is not a good look when spending money that is not yours

This attitude is that same attitude that allows the business lunch mentality to thrive under the NRL directive at times when the clubs, due to sponsorship, GFC, poker machine reform and a biased television coverage does no favors for many partners in this arrangement

Sure bill may have only been 1000 bucks,but if he has no need to be there he shouldn't, and I'm speculating but there may have been 5 other not necessaries at 1000 and 3 origins, and 2 tests and a GF and a finals in NZ. Its an attitude issue to spending in a partnership.

The NRL was approached by the clubs at the end of last season for more cash collectively. The NRL said they have none, not s square to spare.While I understand the clubs wanted millions the NRL should be doing more to help the game grow and having hanger oners is not a good look in my opinion

As far as gallop is concerned he is a whole different kettle of fish. He is a sponsor link, the face of the game and a liaison with many business partners that provide funding to support the game, and at mega events like origin it is his duty to be there and schmooze

As for the coaches not seeing all that is to offer, I have never heard a coach say mate i didn't see it i was off getting some party pies to go with my slushee, and if i did id expect he would be looking for a new job soon. Maybe as a the refs boss,

as for manly supplying toovey water, manlys money, manlys spend and quite possibly and ohs issue however as most of the water is stacked along the coaches windows with brands prominent id suggest someone else is providing the water

Agree to disagree on this one, still a complete non issue on this one for me.

Just as a side question, you don't like Bill Harrigan at all ?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4