Biggest threat to going back to back?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

eagles2win

Bencher
Apart from complacency who is it?

I'm feeling the Warriors and Storm.

The Knights will be a season away from becoming a force.

The Tigers and Dragons will be to busy eye balling each other over Moltzen.

The unknown factor the Qld teams.

Souths will again finish at the staggering height of 9th

Biggest threat is ourselves. Bickering,in fighting, players signing elsewhere, board members thinking they are bigger than the club. The only reason we wont win next year or haven't in 2009/2010 is injuries and off field bull****. No other sides roster comes close to ours especially now with Foran/DCE halves Snake at back Ballin hooker. The best spine by far of any NRL side.

IMO The Storm over-achieved and were found out during the last 5 rounds or so. I think the scum will struggle next year and end up mid field or just scraping into the 8.

I don't think complacency is the right term but maintaining the hard mental edge and sharp focus for another long season will be a stretch.

After climbing the mountain it is only natural that there would be some relieved, relaxed & satisfied players in our camp. Whereas what is needed is hungry, driven players.

Our group has the talent, it has the professionalism, but it will be a huge ask.

Des is the key, I'm certain he knows how to get them there, so he has to negotiate a very tricky year in order to have us in position when the time comes.

mickqld said:
Biggest threat is ourselves. Bickering,in fighting, players signing elsewhere, board members thinking they are bigger than the club. The only reason we wont win next year or haven't in 2009/2010 is injuries and off field bull****. No other sides roster comes close to ours especially now with Foran/DCE halves Snake at back Ballin hooker. The best spine by far of any NRL side.

You are right Mick, some of these people have big egos but not the intelligence to match.

Storm wont make the 8.

If they are the major threat the NRL can get the trophy engraved now.

The threat will come from someone unexpected like Raiders,Parra,Penrith,Knights,Sharks.

Raiders won't make the 8 while Furner's coaching them.

If they get Justin Morgan to eventually coach the team then look out.

swoop said:
IMO The Storm over-achieved and were found out during the last 5 rounds or so. I think the scum will struggle next year and end up mid field or just scraping into the 8.

God, I hope you're right, swoop. That would be great,
As everybody else has said, the biggest threat will be board-level bull****. Although, weirdly enough, it might also be the thing that unites the players to do it all again: doing it for Dessie, giving the finger to the board. We seem to be at our best when we're kicking against the pricks, even if the pricks are our own.

Biggest enemies are injury & how the players react to another attempted media ambush waiting to happen, at any chance.
Teams I rate to be there - Seaeagles - Warriors (watch some of their young guns challenge the top 17) - Tigers & Pups (Graham from England is a tough prop with huge workrate)
The Seaeagles are the most complete team & now boast stars in the right positions & young guns who will lift another level in 2012. ;)

Ron E. Gibbs said:
swoop said:

God, I hope you're right, swoop. That would be great,
As everybody else has said, the biggest threat will be board-level bull****. Although, weirdly enough, it might also be the thing that unites the players to do it all again: doing it for Dessie, giving the finger to the board. We seem to be at our best when we're kicking against the pricks, even if the pricks are our own.

Is Dessie the good son?

It's good to see that I'm not the only one to not rate Graham MKE.

TBH I was a little devastated when we missed out on him, the bloke is a beast.
Would love to see us pick up a Welsh forward while they were getting belted last night not one of them stop going forward and will keep doing so during the 4 Nations tourny

Broncos without Darryl Lockear?

LOL they are shot ducks....Wallace is useful as tits on a bull,even if he is a nice bloke

Manly are one game closer than any other Team to go B2B :).
The Boys are all competitors and I do not believe that they are impacted by the admin problems as we are. They ultimately all move on, whilst we the Fans are forever Manly.So the existance of a standalone Manly Club is critical for Fans.

Fatigue is my concern as we will have many chosen for Rep games.

terms of team to compete the boys across the tasman for sure young hurrell to be in 1st grade plus a few others and have gained nathan friend.
Johnson will be better, the others maybe tigers again and storm to be there.

Rep footy may hurt us a bit more possible trex, gifty, choc maybe even snake.
The wingers worry me a little given wolfman injury record and Oldfield's inexperience however farrar is a class player. Darcy lussick to step up and play for city.

Biggest threat this board and owners are killing the club, can the ownership somehow be dissolved, it is so disheartening to see the infighting please just get along

Forget the boardroom, my biggest fear is the way the coaching role plays out. Divided loyalties between Des and Tooves. If Tooves backs Des and he stays and that is solid then we could do it, but it is a huge ask. The lomger the season goes with leadership questions and possibly players signing elsewhere will be testing.

I hope we are doing the same training we did last pre season because 2 seasons before last we had no fitness after taking out the 2008GF, so all i want is for the boys to do the same training regime they have the past 12months. NO WEIGHTS or other b.s just aerobic stamina training..
& 1 more thing Manly have a tendency to go half assed the following yr after winning a premiership, they think things are just going to fall into place during matches (i wont chase someone else will) ..
They have to play like they lost the GF & want redemption ..

Biggest threat is some bonehead on the board sacking Hasler before the end of 2012

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6