1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bigger picture

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by winnyason, Jul 16, 2013.

1. winnyason

winnyason Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +508 / 37
    I can see by the looks of draw we will be in pardon the pun in a dogfight for 4th spot for dogs there draw is a good run while we have storm, Souths and raiders in Canberra.
    They after byes one point behind.

2. Bradza

Bradza Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +490 / 6
    Geez it annoys me when people factor in another team's (yet to be had) byes. Yes it's a guaranteed 2 points but every other team still has the opportunity to win that round. Are you assuming we will lose to GC next week when the dogs get their 2nd bye.
    I also note that the Dogs have the Raiders away and have to play Souths. I'm pretty confident the dogs will have their hands full battling for a spot in the bottom half of the 8, not 4th spot. They are not the dogs of 2012.

We shall see.........

3. susan

susan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,043 / 30
    Good point rarely mentioned BRADZA.It assumes a loss on the part of the other side.Slight advantage but not what people make it out to be.

4. Fluffy

Fluffy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,624 / 132
    I thought there was more than 3 rounds left this year, is it only a 21 round season?

Last year there were 26 rounds so 5 more games to influence things

5. Bradza

Bradza Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +490 / 6
    Fluffy, I assume winnyason was discounting a number of the other matches as bankable wins on paper.

6. mickqld

mickqld Sack Greenslime 2016 Tipping Competitor

Gold Coast
    Ratings:
    +3,742 / 57
    Destiny is in our own hands. Control possession and field position. Don't give away cheap meters from dumb penalties and poor options.
    If we are good enough then we will win our games and it wont matter what other teams are doing.

7. globaleagle

globaleagle Où est mon chapeau Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +7,777 / 58
    Tv's are so cheap over here, I think I'll upgrade to a bigger picture soon.