1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bigger crowds than ever

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by The Who, Sep 2, 2011.

1. The Who

The Who Well-Known Member

Mona Vale
    Ratings:
    +4,836 / 103
    Hey David, doesn't look like all those mummies with the little kiddies that were put off watching RL by big, bad Manly had much of an impact on the crowd at tonight's match at Newcastle, which is a sell out.

2. The Wheel

The Wheel Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,761 / 72
    Shocking publicity is ruining our game.......

3. The Eagle

The Eagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +480 / 0
    Some bloke died there.....if I heard commentary right

4. Fluffy

Fluffy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,624 / 132
  5. The Eagle

Ratings:
    +480 / 0
    We can only hope, but seriously when the paramedic spoke to the ref I'm sure he said "deceased man" somewhere in there

6. KaZa

KaZa Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +233 / 20
    What someone died?

in the DT.

"There was at least as much drama off the field as on it, with play stopped when an ambulance was required for a patron during the second half and police leading away two fans after a fight broke out in the western concourse."

Blame Manly for the fight ofcourse. Was this a separate incident?

7. The Eagle

Ratings:
    +480 / 0
    If I, other fans of the game and a few guys with sports ears heard correctly

I checked on LU to see I wasn't alone

8. Cameron

Cameron Cambo Premium Member

Redcliffe
    Ratings:
    +662 / 35
    I heard the same Shane

9. Darren

Darren Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +507 / 20
    what an amazing stadium, I reckon we could get 30 thousand against some Sydney teams. Knights will be a force in a few years.

10. Duff

Duff Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +547 / 9
    Only if you brought your family Darren.

11. Sheikheagle

Sheikheagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +854 / 53
    Darren would only bring his family if there was a total swearing, drinking and good fun ban.

12. Darren

Darren Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +507 / 20
    happy with the no swearing and drinking ban for sure but doubt it would happen!! Fun is definitely okay. Shame the few drinkers who can't handle their beers ruin it for the responsible drinkers.

I don't want my wife and 3-5 year old girls around the filth that comes out of many mouths. It's a shame that some resort to filthy language in daily language all the time. Society has just gone downwards and the many children I run into sum up their parents.

13. The Who

The Who Well-Known Member

Mona Vale
    Ratings:
    +4,836 / 103
    How many weeks do you think the judiciary will give the fighters? What was their grading?[hr]
    Gallop said there was no place for biff in this game. The spectators should be banned, right David?

14. Jono

Jono Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +176 / 5
    In my personal opinion I think they should be. Banter between supporters verbally is ok. Fighting, throwing things, anything of a violent nature where someone could get hurt I believe to be criminal and should be punished accordingly.

If fights break out in grounds usually the clubs will deal with it and ban them from the ground for a period of time. Whether this can be policed is a different matter altogether.

There was a rumour of fans that have been banned permanently from all NRL games for violent behaviour. It has to get pretty bad for this to happen but sometimes it does get out of control and the club will usually get involved. Those people at Newcastle might get a slap on the wrist but I guess it depends on how bad the situation was.