• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Sorry, meant to say you did not give him praise straight up.  It was straight into the negatives.  I was aware you did say his first half was good further on. 

I praised him in the post, full stop.  His second half was ordinary.  You don't agree? 

Disagree, his 2nd was not as impressive but that was more to do with the team and limited ball.  Other parts of his game were strong, i.e. defence.  Thought I read somewhere that Canberra had around 65% of the ball in the 2nd half. 

DSM, In the 1st half we had 56% possession, and at the end of the game that was 46%, that is why Orford did not stand out in 2nd half as much as he did in the 1st. You will always see him in the little things though that are vital, like kick chase and clean up.

I didn't think it was 1 of Matai's stronger games DSM, he was good, don't get me wrong, but has played above that level this season.  I wish we could put his running game into some others though, hit ups in our own half are hard and straight. I did enjoy early in the match though where Milne saw Matai coming and dropped the ball

We'll agree to disagree about his second half.  But I will concede his play in the last three games has been much improved from the earlier efforts.  Kiwi, His kicks to their wings surprised me in that I can't figure out why he can't change his game to suit.  The Raiders had the high kicks covered all day.  They were never going to work.  Hard grubbers may have produced something in the second half but it didn't happen.  The little things I expect from our highest paid player.  Just like I expect a dropped ball from Choc and the occasional penalty (infuriating too).  Anyway a wins a win and without five of our best.  Onwards and upwards.         

orford had a good kicking game and it was good to see when he put the high ball up on every occasion Robbo was bstewart like steaming ahead to look for a catch and try or put alot of pressure on the catcher,i think we got 2 line dropouts from roobos chase pressure and dragging the raider back into the ingoal after he caught it,go robbo you're always solid.

chrisos link said:
Robbo was bstewart like steaming ahead to look for a catch and try or put alot of pressure on the catcher

Might be stretching it a tad.

Stewart gets there in time for a catch, Robbo gets there in time to smash the fullback, both good results.

For the first time in 2009 the Maroon & Whites are in the NRL ladder top 8, where they should be.

Running on only 4 or 5 of their big V8 cylinders, they are showing some cohesion each week, forming some great plays each week, whilst still retaining a lot to work on.

This is the start of another good run at the finals, where hopefully all cylinders will be firing mightily come rounds 25 & 26..

Go Manly!

JWH and T-rex were mediocre with 1 or two miracle plays which made their game look better than it was

Cuthbo made some errors but some of the comments about him are over the top. It was his first game back from a lengthy injury lay-off. Having said that I don't think he has been laying off the junk food, judging by the size of him.

His timing will soon return, don't forget he was chosen for City origin only a month or two ago, the kid has talent. Plus he's a junior who has been at the club for 9 years. It is not his fault that we can't match other offers or guarantee him a spot in the team.

Personally I'd be happy to send him off with a premiership. He's not a bad bloke to have on the fringe of the top squad.

always love to hear your thoughts on the game kiwi.. great read as always!

imo (..and i say this having only seen the game live & not seeing a replay on tv)

* foran - wow. sure he played behind an awesome pack, and that helped him a lot, but still.. wonderful debut. should be very proud! as someone mentioned, he might be that spark we're missing.. i'd keep him at 5/8th
* on that note.. bailey was fab in the 2nd row. him and rodney really stepped up, always poking their heads through & breaking the line
* orforfds kicking game - best i've seen from him. ever. what a difference having a kicking game makes! Yes, his 2nd half was less than perfect, but canberra had so much possesion & the refs made so many bad calls, we can't be too harsh on that
* king. fab. keep it up
* t-rex.. i don't understand why he's such a pu$sy in attack sometimes. Like, running the ball up - he looks so strong and intimidating.. and he ends up just trundling the ball up like a cat. He showed a little bit more agression yesterday, but it's gotta get better - you can tell he can do better.

umm that's all i can think of atm..

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4