Big Vave

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Glad you read my reply in a way that makes you happy even when i don't agree with you.

I,m sorry, I was unaware that you had evidence that Vave is not admired and that his actions weren't appreciated. Or did you just make that up.

Exactly trim down and be more effective along with stop doing what he did in that first run of the clip.
As he gets older it is going to be more difficult to reach that trimmed down version---well he looked more trim in the pixelated video or maybe i am convincing myself to back up my views.

Did i say his actions were not appreciated(your words not mine)

If Vave's past footy deeds are admired by our pack we have bigger problems than even i could ever imagine.

Not allowed to talk about fitness of players, but boy he has...well....lived well in his time here at Manly.

Exactly trim down and be more effective along with stop doing what he did in that first run of the clip.
As he gets older it is going to be more difficult to reach that trimmed down version---well he looked more trim in the pixelated video or maybe i am convincing myself to back up my views.

Agree with you totally. He can improve in many areas, and when he does he will still only be a good FG'er. My only point is that he adds an intangible benefit to the team that is not measured as part of his own performance.

Agree with you totally. He can improve in many areas, and when he does he will still only be a good FG'er. My only point is that he adds an intangible benefit to the team that is not measured as part of his own performance.
Let's hope so, as long as you are convinced that is all that matters.

Did i say his actions were not appreciated(your words not mine)

If Vave's past footy deeds are admired by our pack we have bigger problems than even i could ever imagine.

you didn't play much football did you TC. Footballers are strange fellows they admire people for all different sorts of things. Rarely is it the best player or star they admire.

Let's hope so, as long as you are convinced that is all that matters.

Yes, but once again you have completely missed my point. It was never to argue his football ability. It was about the benefit of the intangibles he offers. You respond to my suggestion by bagging his football ability. I am starting to believe you're not a bad fellow, you just have a problem with reading and comprehension.

you didn't play much football did you TC. Footballers are strange fellows they admire people for all different sorts of things. Rarely is it the best player or star they admire.

Yes, but once again you have completely missed my point. It was never to argue his football ability. It was about the benefit of the intangibles he offers. You respond to my suggestion by bagging his football ability. I am starting to believe you're not a bad fellow, you just have a problem with reading and comprehension.
You are the one missing the point and going off on some tangent, twisting my comments to the point of making things up on the run also.

1) Where have i bagged his ability (I've commented on his weight, side on turn when making hit ups)

"What a light weight question, one months numbers, one months numbers", referring to point 2. I would like to give thanks to Paul Keating for the above quote.

2)Off one months performances you already feel "his intangibles" as you like to refer to them offer a big difference to the playing group--- get a grip mate.

3) Did i ever state footballers admire the best players or stars.

"You just have a problem with reading and comprehension" which you don't seem to possess so i guess i can't turn to you for any help in this department.

I like Vave but not sure this clip helps his case. It shows he can be damaging from 1 metre out after the opposition has already put on 40 points. :eek:
By the way I notice Broncos and Cows don't seem to have any bowling ball types at present...?!

I like Vave but not sure this clip helps his case. It shows he can be damaging from 1 metre out after the opposition has already put on 40 points. :eek:
By the way I notice Broncos and Cows don't seem to have any bowling ball types at present...?!

My point has never been about Vave's footballing talents or shortcomings. I even started in my 1st post with TC saying I agreed with his assessment of Vave's performance..

My only suggestion, that Vave's contribution to the team may be more than just his individual performance, that he adds an intangible presence, has been met with 5-6 posts trying to justify a position that I had already agreed to, and further listing Vave's shortcoming.

I am at a loss to explain that esprit de corps is a real thing. It wont win you a premiership, but you wont win a premiership without it.

Is Vave an important contributor to this, don't know, early days, but my instincts from watching him suggest to me, he is.

TC, I think Vave's contribution is/will be greater than the sum of his parts. He is energetic, enthusiastic, competitive, infectious and a talker. All teams need one. Every team goes better with one.

If he loses more weight(wrong words "toned up") the benefits will be greater than all that "infectious enthusiasm"

1) Where have i bagged his ability (I've commented on his weight, side on turn when making hit ups)

3) Did i ever state footballers admire the best players or stars.

What tha, you seriously lack comprehension skills, number one is an observation on improvements that can be made not bagging him and number 2 is just stating fact at the moment his past playing record is nothing flash and has shown flashes of good performances not something to be looking up to.(in terms of footy talent)

If you are once again stretching the subject to bring in elements of off field related areas and personal hardships who am i to know and who are you to know (if you do know more feel free to share) but let's keep things on topic not broaden the depth just to create meaningless debate.

What tha, you seriously lack comprehension skills, number one is an observation on improvements that can be made not bagging him and number 2 is just stating fact at the moment his past playing record is nothing flash and has shown flashes of good performances not something to be looking up to.(in terms of footy talent)

If you are once again stretching the subject to bring in elements of off field related areas and personal hardships who am i to know and who are you to know (if you do know more feel free to share) but let's keep things on topic not broaden the depth just to create meaningless debate.
Get set for big Vave to lead the way against a power Warriors pack TC...
Quickly becoming a crowd favourite - do you think he can continue his impressive form over the ditch??

Get set for big Vave to lead the way against a power Warriors pack TC...
Quickly becoming a crowd favourite - do you think he can continue his impressive form over the ditch??

With Jake coming back in,, who drops out?

With Jake coming back in,, who drops out?
Not sure Woodsie, but last week showed how important Jakes defence is, particularly early....first forward chosen every day with Parcell & Kapow next...but anyone who does not see Vave's impact off the bench, needs to spend a few dollars at OPSM.
Also a fan of Lawrence though must admit, very disappointed with his early efforts last week.
Myles will be there as Mr consistency & a fit Buhrer is a must 100%.
Starling has been reliable & Leary can add Spring off the bench.
Mateo is frustrating & needs to punch through the defensive line before reverting to his playmaker role in those early exchanges...nearly took out the touchie last week early helping Souths momentum...
Lussick is hit & miss, but not a starter imo...off the bench when tempo slows.
The gun to watch is Fonua Blake who is exactly the player everyone is calling for..to get his chance soon.

Lawrence's best two games for us have been off the bench, problem is Starlings best game for us was also off the bench last week. Think starlo is probably better suited to starting.

although we haven't seen what Vave offers as a starter.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6