Big bopper and 30 June deadline

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Obviously be a bonus 2 get some huge gun front rower today, fact is have not really seen the pack walked over since the loss of Joe & King, plus keep in mind - Faaso yet to return to add plenty of starch up front.
Imo the pack is going well led by Choc & still have Gift improving weekly.
Would be more convinced of this if Manly were being dominated, but have seen far from this recently.
The only concerns imo atm are ball control, poor discipline, some rough calls & the absence of B Stewart.

MK the main problem now is depth. There is a long way to go, and there will always be some attrition rate with forwards, especially the way our guys play the game.

Lord Eagleton said:
Does Brenton Lawrence have a brother by chance?

Dean McGlinchy NYC - he looks like the bigger brother of BJ :p

Played on the wing last week and scared everybody with his size and speed.

Hope Manly signed him up for a few years with a get out clause for the food bill:idea:

silvertail said:
They are good prospects by may not be key contributors this year.

Think we should be on the hunt for:

115kg plus
25 years plus
6 foot 3 plus
No-nonsense battering ram giant

That sounds like me! Or Tim Grant.

TimandTom said:
Pepi said:
Stromquist just killed it for Wyong against a big vulcans pack. Over 200 metres gained I am surprised we got rid of him.
Surely Ligi Sao should get a go soon.

Stromquist has been going very well, SHOCKING decision from management! This is the first time I have been back since the DISGUSTING treatment of one of our loyal and to-be future star players. But hey guess the club will learn... sooner or later and fans like me learn way to quickly to follow different sports. I just cant stand, not standing by our juniors! DISGUSTING!

How's Wyong going for you Magnus? Say G'day to String for me!

HappilyManly said:
Dean McGlinchy NYC - he looks like the bigger brother of BJ :p

Played on the wing last week and scared everybody with his size and speed.

Hope Manly signed him up for a few years with a get out clause for the food bill:idea:

I was wondering how he was going.

http://forums.silvertails.net/Thread-Bulldog-comes-home-McGlinchy-returns-to-Eagles-Nest

globaleagle said:
I was wondering how he was going.

http://forums.silvertails.net/Thread-Bulldog-comes-home-McGlinchy-returns-to-Eagles-Nest

He was so impressive, even with the short game time that he was given, that we tracked down some NYC Players in the Stand to find out his name. He was #18 and was not listed anywhere. The way he was playing, we were hoping that he would score a try and we would get to hear his name :)

Now that I know that he is 22 and 110kg and 6'3" and Avalon Junior, I will make an effort to lobby for his retention.

Loved his involvement, even from the wing.:angel:

That is all we Fans want - a winning attitude :)

8 days to go until deadline expires. C'mon Manly, where is our new big bopper?.

Watching recent games, not just Manly, straight hard running forwards make a big difference. Fa'aoso will return soon, but if Kite or Lawrence get injured, we will be very thin with props.

What's happening with Starling and talk of signing him before 30 June?

Is it an issue that we don't have the salary cap space to sign anyone?

Is it a figment of my imagination that our club is even considering purchasing someone?

Or is there a master plan to play Sao later in the year?

We definitely need a big mother f***** so we can compete with teams with the big forward packs

BOZO said:
We definitely need a big mother f***** so we can compete with teams with the big forward packs

I'd much prefer we buy a big strong prop forward rather than a bloke who has sexual relations with his own mother, there's no place for that sort of person at manly warringah in my opinion mate ;)

CAMBO said:
BOZO said:

I'd much prefer we buy a big strong prop forward rather than a bloke who has sexual relations with his own mother, there's no place for that sort of person at manly warringah in my opinion mate ;)
Great answer Cambo . I cannot reply . I can only eat humbe pie .

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6